Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: CPU Issue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:06 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ok, well lately I've been trying to use my computer, and leave it on all night. However, for some strange reason it keeps shutting down. I think it might be because it's an 8 year old computer, and the fans are finally wearing down(They have never been replaced), either that or the mother board is getting too warm.

What do you all might think it is?

Post subject: Re: CPU Issue
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I've been having the same problem lately and I've done a couple easy things to temporarily fix the problem. First, I took a can of air to my computer and really cleaned it out. Also, I have a laptop, so I took the battery out (big help....keeps my computer much cooler). I try to run only one or two programs at a time now and I have my computer go to stand-by if I'm away from it for more than 15 minutes.

Perhaps some of those things will work for you? Good luck. I know how frustrating computers can be.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:48 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

mayanspypilot wrote:
I've been having the same problem lately and I've done a couple easy things to temporarily fix the problem. First, I took a can of air to my computer and really cleaned it out. Also, I have a laptop, so I took the battery out (big help....keeps my computer much cooler). I try to run only one or two programs at a time now and I have my computer go to stand-by if I'm away from it for more than 15 minutes.

Perhaps some of those things will work for you? Good luck. I know how frustrating computers can be.

Hmm, perhaps you're right. My computer is a desktop, and it's an hp(one of the worst you can EVER get). I think though, that it might just be time to buy a new computer. This one has seen better days..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:57 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Dust could definitely be a major influence. Take a can of compressed air to it (make sure it's ok to use with electronics though).

Another thing to check if you're running Windows XP:
Go to the Control Panel and hit Power Options. In the Power Schemes tab, make sure that "System hibernates" is set to Never, or change the power scheme to Always On.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:00 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

cat1205123 wrote:
Dust could definitely be a major influence. Take a can of compressed air to it (make sure it's ok to use with electronics though).

Another thing to check if you're running Windows XP:
Go to the Control Panel and hit Power Options. In the Power Schemes tab, make sure that "System hibernates" is set to Never, or change the power scheme to Always On.

I checked the control panel, so I'll try compressed air tomorrow. Hopefully it'll work.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]