Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:59 am

lol yeah i've forgotten how many I have too.

Ok I don't get how people get into scores of 9k and over in Make some noise, I can only get 2.4k max. How do people do it? :P

And Slushie Slinger is pretty boring, so sticking to yooyuball for now. At least LD and Brightvale have nice colours to look at I guess.

Will we find out the results at the end of each day or will we have to wait for a while to find it out?

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:14 am

I kind of lost track of how many I played.
Anyway. About 45 mins until the next team shows up. Wonder how us Roos will do.

Ya know. I got to some odd thinking. Seeing as the Lost Isle plot was put on hold/stopped/done/whatever.
I had an odd idea that a giant petpetpet would come crash the awards ceremony. Would be interesting to see.

....anyway just an idea. :)

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:16 am

Laryxle wrote:Ok I don't get how people get into scores of 9k and over in Make some noise, I can only get 2.4k max. How do people do it? :P

My best score is 5200, so people must be pretty much breaking their keyboards getting over 9K.

Also, say the team i'm playing today is beaten by us, does that mean they're out of the game for good? Or do they play again tomorrow?

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:22 am

Dustin wrote:
Laryxle wrote:Ok I don't get how people get into scores of 9k and over in Make some noise, I can only get 2.4k max. How do people do it? :P

My best score is 5200, so people must be pretty much breaking their keyboards getting over 9K.

Also, say the team i'm playing today is beaten by us, does that mean they're out of the game for good? Or do they play again tomorrow?

I think you still continue no matter what. I looked up round robin tournament and came up with this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round-robin_tournament

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:23 am

Fiddelysquat wrote:Guys, check the sticky! I added a new link and it's a REALLY great Yooyuball guide!

Oooh, directions for the controls and everything! Just what I needed. Thanks for the link! Not sure if it'll help my game all that much, but at least it's got me wanting to try again.

EDIT: Using the advice on that petpage, I was able to win the last five games I played. I even managed to score one goal with a smurfin' Darigan Yooyu, something I never in a million years thought I'd do. :D Huzzah!! Thanks again for the link! *happy dance*

EDIT 2: I can't seem to find it at the moment, but I recall reading somewhere that we will NOT be switching teams this year. Pretty sure I read that just before I chose the Mystery Island team.
Last edited by Rakumel on Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:28 am

Last year, if a team was defeated then the followers could switch teams.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:04 am

For the schedule of matches go here:

http://www.neopets.com/altador/colosseum/schedule.phtml

Only this week is up - next week will show more games.

It is a double-round robin - which means we play each team twice, then the top 4 go into the finals.

When you sign up for a team it states that you can not change teams for this Altador Cup.

This match goes until 12am nst, then the next match starts at 12.01am (as long as nothing goes wrong).

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:07 am

Whew. I've sent quite a few wins for Roo now...most of which were 7 or 8 to nadda. I can't do much better than 4k on the Make some Noise, and I'm barely breaking 600 on the Slushie game. I figure I'll do a bit of each every day, probably mostly Yooyu ball, though, since I'm not too bad at it. I'm starting to get the Darigan balls, slowly but surely. Strangely enough, the dratted snow ones are the worst for me.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:08 am

Well... I'm still terrible at the game, but I won once. 2-0.

I'm happy.... -_-

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:11 am

I'm up to 50 wins so far. I think that's gonna be my daily input for now. Anymore will bore me to death.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:17 am

*whimpers*

I loathe this game. EVERY time I get near the goal, I get surrounded by the opposing team who steals the Yooyu off of me. What on earth - they ANTICIPATE MY DODGES and steal the ball, then shoot my goal and score. I wish this game was more intuitive; even with the hints on the sticky, I can't do it. Nothing like a stupid game to make my blood pressure rise right before bed. Yuck. I wish I didn't have to get one goal for the avvie. I'm simply not in the mood for this. How the heck can you get near the goal WITHOUT getting surrounded?!?!? EVERY shot is blocked by at least 3 players and the goalie!

*hates yooyu ball*

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:21 am

Matrinka wrote:*whimpers*

I loathe this game. EVERY time I get near the goal, I get surrounded by the opposing team who steals the Yooyu off of me. What on earth - they ANTICIPATE MY DODGES and steal the ball, then shoot my goal and score. I wish this game was more intuitive; even with the hints on the sticky, I can't do it. Nothing like a stupid game to make my blood pressure rise right before bed. Yuck. I wish I didn't have to get one goal for the avvie. I'm simply not in the mood for this.

*hates yooyu ball*

In the same boat. Arrgh.... no likey game, but obsessed by it too... mrf... hopefully I start getting better.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:26 am

I don't think you even have to win one game, just send a score of 1 or more, to get the avatar.
I suggest trying 3 or 4 times against each opponent. Different opponents will play differently, and I find Faerieland even easier than the Jelly Team, though more players move at once.

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:30 am

edited to remove boring ranting about my hatred for Yooyu ball. :)

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:53 am

Believe me, I was the world's biggest complainer about how bad the Yooyuball game was. I still don't like the way it handles, and it's hard for me to focus on one player AND pay attention to what the others are doing. When I shoot the ball, I still miss the goal completely or have it intercepted half the time (probably most of the time). I got so frustrated with it last year that I didn't play at all and consequently missed out on all the prizes (I thought the other Altador Plot would make up for it - boy was I wrong, but let's not rehash that). I'm still probably going to wind up playing the side games more than the main one; my gold trophy for Attack of the Revenge is coming in mighty handy this time around. (And I'm chuckling imagining the ancient Greeks sitting around sipping Slurpies while philosophizing.)

But, having said that, I think I'm finally, finally kinda sorta getting the hang of this. Before you totally give up on it, try a few things and see if maybe the game works out better for you. Try a different formation (I was playing 1:3 and losing, just swapping over to 3:1 helped a lot) or goal orientation. Since there's two other games this year, don't sweat it so much if you still don't like or can't play Yooyuball. If it gets to the point where you get so frustrated you want to chuck your keyboard out the window, just make yourself stop and do something else for a while. Probably what helped me the most was discovering the fact that even losses and draws were counted positively (not as much as a win, of course, but not devastating either).
Topic locked