Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: broken laptop keyboard...any ideas?
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:35 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

my laptop is currently missing 3 keys :o :oops:

the space key, F10 and the n key! the problem is the hooks that keep them on have snapped, so they wont fix back on...and even worse, the little things under the keys have broken. So whenever i press them nothing comes up :cry:

i have to use the on-screen keyboard:s

any ideas on what i should do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

How old is your laptop? You should check to see if it still under warranty, and if your warranty covers accidental damage by the consumer (extended warranty, perhaps.) But I doubt it.

If it is not under warranty, and the warranty does not cover damage by the consumer. Is your laptop covered by any sort of insurance?

If it is covered by insurance, you should send your laptop back to the manufacture for repair and then have the insurance company reimburse you or the owner of the latop.

If your laptop is not insured, then you will need to finance the repairs to your laptop yourself.

If you cannot afford to pay for the repairs, I suggest using the laptop on the table with a cheap keyboard from your local computer store. Be sure to buy a USB keyboard, or a wireless one if your laptop is Bluetooth-capable until you can.

And finally, if you do not wish to pay the small fortune for the manufacturer to repair it, then I suggest taking a visit to a local computer repair shop, who may or may not be able to fit a new keyboard depending on the laptop. However, in doing this, you will void any warranty that your laptop is under.

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

wow, thanks alot!

i think it is still under warranty, so i will send it back. i dont think i have insurance on it...but the price doesnt matter. aslong as it gets fixed.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]