Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Warner Brothers strikes deal for Neopets Movie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
http://comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8910

Quote:
WB Bringing NeoPets to the Big Screen
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
March 24, 2005

Warner Bros. Pictures has entered into an agreement with NeoPets, Inc.® to develop and produce animated feature films based on new and existing stories and characters from the virtual world of Neopets.com, the world's leading online youth community. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President, Production, Warner Bros. Pictures, and Doug Dohring, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, NeoPets, Inc.

Dylan Sellers will produce the projects with Dohring; Warner Bros. Pictures' Aditya Sood will oversee production for the Studio. NeoPets, Inc. will co-finance development.

The Neopets website is themed around the ownership of, and interaction with, virtual pets that are created and cared for by site members. To date, the Neopets website has more than 25 million members worldwide and generates more than seven billion page views per month in 10 languages. It is consistently ranked as one of the fastest growing sites on the Internet and one of the "stickiest" sites in the world, meaning that members return frequently to interact with each other and with their Neopets.

Said Robinov, "We're looking forward to expanding this exceptional Internet property into feature films that bring the worldwide appeal of this website to theaters."

Added Dohring, "Neopets has always been very selective in choosing its business partners and we are extremely pleased with the opportunity to work with such a quality studio as Warner Bros. Pictures. We are confident that this collaboration will result in the successful expansion of the Neopets world into offline media."

Recent productions by Dylan Sellers include Warner Bros. Pictures' A Cinderella Story starring Hilary Duff; and Agent Cody Banks and its sequel Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London.

Tis the end of Neopets as we know it.

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I've now left Neopets. :)

This is just taking it -WAY- too far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

My gawd, NO!!
That is the stupidest move you'll ever make, Dohring. Don't tell me Neo's going to be the next Pokemon, or LBT. I thought it was just a joke, how could they! I... I'm just speechless...

Wonderful Altador Cup set by Pixa! ♥

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:31 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Nooooo This is some kinda bad news . I feel that neopets are just in it for the money now :(

Hooray ! for WIS for His snazzy Av and Sig set !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh no, it's a shame to have predicted this then see it happen. ><

While it may seem like a stupid move to us on Dohring's part, he's really just squeezing out all the money from Neopets with this movie- very good and quick money making scheme, but it'll most probably cause Neopets to die after. Kinda like the pinnacle and decline of its popularity.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:35 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Dylan Seller made Agent Cody Banks, Agent Cody Banks 2, and a Cinderella Story.
How does that relate to an animated movie like the Neopets Movie?
Is the neopets movie gonna be live-action?

Set=Kitten Medli
Adam+Liz=<3
Liz: Well. That proves how good everyone's memories are.
Me: Well I have no memor........What did you just say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:37 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:( I look upon this with sadness, but what really gets me is...

Quote:
Said Robinov, "We're looking forward to expanding this exceptional Internet property into feature films that bring the worldwide appeal of this website to theaters."

"exceptional Internet property"

Neopets is now Internet property... I'd never seen it in that way before

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Man, Rune, you beat me to posting this by about a minute... but it's okay, you had a much more informative link than I did. :D

Thought it might be nice to emphasize that the contract they signed is for movies -- yeah, that's more than one. Way to bleed a brand name dry, guys!

EDIT: To clarify, for those who weren't sure: this will be computer animation. Here's the full text from the link I've got, so you can avoid the pop-ups on it. (It's found at this site if you're interested.)

Quote:
Warner Bros. Pictures closed a deal with NeoPets to make CGI-animated features using 50 different pet species from the kids Web site.

Created in 1991, NeoPets are created by members of the website -- mostly preteens -- who log on regularly to care for their own virtual pets. The virtual pets populate Neopia and the members pit their NeoPets against other member's pets.

Dylan Sellers and NeoPets' Doug Dohring will produce. NeoPets will co-finance development of the films.

Last edited by iconoplast on Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: In the white forest, hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
Adam loves Hilary Duff wrote:
Dylan Seller made Agent Cody Banks, Agent Cody Banks 2, and a Cinderella Story.
How does that relate to an animated movie like the Neopets Movie?
Is the neopets movie gonna be live-action?

It's going to be computer animated like Pixar films and films like Shrek and Robots.

They mentioned his previous works to give a background on the person... meaning don't expect too much from it. :P

.. In between the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow //
Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:40 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Of COARSE they're in it for the money! 'They' already sold the company to Dohring a LONG time ago. He is in it for the profits, not because he is a fan. It is expected, but sad.

Karma - with luck, this will actually LESSEN the number of people who play Neopets.

Image Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:44 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

aliboy wrote:
Nooooo This is some kinda bad news . I feel that neopets are just in it for the money now :(

Do you know how many members their is going to be know???
Look at the bright side free random item codes!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:45 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I really don't see why people would want to see a movie about something they have never heard of, how would that make a large audiance? They may investigate, but I'm sure going on for one day isn't going to make you want to see it. And from the reaction here, I'm not sure many Neopets players would want to see it either (me included)

Click the wonderful signature. You know you want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:46 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

*DM and her Lupe, Heoin strech out a huge banner saying "Star Sadiyah"*

I don't think I'll want to see it if the WB's doing it, but if it's like Teen Titans, heck yeah! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:49 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The movie will probaly be called:

Neopets: Return of Dr. Sloth
starting majal_kita
With 3 hours of non-stop action that will have a outcome unlike any other plot so far...
EDIT:
Dr. Sloth: With majal_kita's body i'll be able to take over Neotopia single handed!!!
Now its up to majal_kita trapped in a chia's body to round up the New Member and beat Sloth once and for all
New Member: Eat my rainbow gun!!!!11
Coming in 2007

Last edited by GillyMcGillerson on Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Runevalkyrie wrote:
They mentioned his previous works to give a background on the person... meaning don't expect too much from it. :P

Eh, I wouldn't read too much into his previous stuff -- he's a producer, which means he doesn't have much in the way of creative control, but rather that he deals primarily with the administrative, technical, legal, and financial aspects of the films. Directors have the ultimate creative control. Those curious can find out more at the wikipedia article on producers.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next