This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

New Board Changes

Wed May 26, 2010 10:25 am

Wow. That's all I can say. I didn't visit here for three or four days, and some topics have been moved or deleted, and the new Subeta Chat topic shows up. Also, I may have not noticed this before, but there is a new label called clubs. What do think about this new layout?

Re: New Board Changes

Wed May 26, 2010 1:43 pm

It's... new. It's kinda early to tell if you ask me.

But It looks nice and could be REALLY cool :)

Wed May 26, 2010 11:36 pm

What is Subeta? Is it a RPG, an MMORPG, or, like Neopets, a place to hang out?

Thu May 27, 2010 4:48 pm

domo_hello_kitty wrote:What is Subeta? Is it a RPG, an MMORPG, or, like Neopets, a place to hang out?

Virtual petsite aimed at an older demographic than Neopets. It's a lot more mature too, swearing/controversial topics are allowed, so I wouldn't recommend it to young kids. :P It also has quite a few elements of social networking sites.

Fri May 28, 2010 1:35 am

Indeed there are some new board changes.

Pink Poogle Toy has been under revamp for the past 2 months. Now that the main site is "finished" or more-or-less stable and the oekaki is up and running, I am now revamping the forum.

So stick around, pull up a chair and leave some comments if you're feeling the inclination to help.

Fri May 28, 2010 12:43 pm

Wow! I usually only ever go to "view new posts" unless I'm starting a topic myself, so I wouldn't have noticed this for a while. I really like the rearrangement. I think collapsing the Neopets boards was smart (with the exception of the plot council and advertising, which I think it was a wise decision to keep separate). And moving up the Miscellaneous forums, which get most of the traffic, was a nice touch too. So far I like it.

Only suggestion: change the description for "Miscellaneous Discussion" since there are a lot of topics besides Neopets that would still fit better into one of the other forums. (Well, that, and maybe move Coconut Isle up to the second place under "Miscellaneous," since that tends to be one of the more active forums.)

Again, nice job.

Fri May 28, 2010 1:58 pm

I also really like the addition of the "Quick Reply" feature!

Fri May 28, 2010 7:51 pm

I agree with that, It's really useful.

Sat May 29, 2010 4:15 am

Siniri wrote:Only suggestion: change the description for "Miscellaneous Discussion" since there are a lot of topics besides Neopets that would still fit better into one of the other forums. (Well, that, and maybe move Coconut Isle up to the second place under "Miscellaneous," since that tends to be one of the more active forums.)

Excellent suggestions Siniri. I moved Coconut Isle and gave Miscellaneous Discussion a new forum description.

There are a few more changes here and there that I'm still waiting for everyone to pick up on. Lemme know if you can find out what it is.

Sat May 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Kym, I like the "...within reason" part. :P

Just a question, there are now places for specific Subeta/Neopets/Club Penguin discussion. Will you be making similar areas for discussion of other online games?

Sat May 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Indeed I will be Helena - and also accepting game suggestions from players. Have you got any?

Sat May 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Cool. Not got much in the way of suggestions, to be honest. Maybe GaiaOnline, and possibly Flash Games? Iunno, people could discuss various misc gaming sites, like Kongregate. I'll let you know if I think of anything else. :)

Nice to see the site sort-of getting back on its feet. ;)

Mon May 31, 2010 3:12 am

I just took a gander at the main site changes. It looks much cleaner, though there might be too many categories under Neopets. Very nice job, though!

One concern I have is that on the left-hand side, under "Sponsors," there's a link to buy Neopoints. I didn't click the link, but PPT has always held a firm line in not condoning (much less abetting) breaking TNT's rules, and this link clearly goes against that. I appreciate the need for sponsors, but surely you can find ones that don't compromise the integrity of this site?

Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

Shoyru_Lover wrote:So stick around, pull up a chair and leave some comments if you're feeling the inclination to help.

Want me to stick up a list of dailies and stuff for Subeta? :)

Mon May 31, 2010 11:46 pm

Helena wrote:Want me to stick up a list of dailies and stuff for Subeta? :)

You bet! Anything that newbies can find useful to get started on Subeta, anything that old timers may not know, dailies, stuff... Perhaps a different thread for each?
Topic locked