This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Just an idea for the site.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:30 am

I've just had an idea for the site, but I'm not sure how feasible it would be to do. We already have a trophy and avatar database - how about an item database? I know there are other sites that offer this feature, but PinkPT's own version of it would be pretty useful for those who don't want to venture to other sites that aren't quite as trusted as PPT.

Of course, this will raise issues with bandwidth and such - but if your hosting is anything similar to mine, which I imagine it would be, bandwidth isn't so much of an issue.

What do you think?

Re: Just an idea for the site.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:57 pm

This would be cool. But it needs a lot of bandwidth and a bunch of staff.
But I would really use some thing like this!

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:01 pm

That would be cool, but how long would it take to make?

Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:50 am

Great idea - potentially on the cards but we're currently working on lots of other projects so this is on the back burner.

Great thought though - bandwidth isn't really an issue here - we have lots of it. It's more an issue of man power.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Shoyru_Lover wrote:Great idea - potentially on the cards but we're currently working on lots of other projects so this is on the back burner.

Great thought though - bandwidth isn't really an issue here - we have lots of it. It's more an issue of man power.

I imagined you would have had. I've only got a cheap plan from Bluehost for my site - but it comes with unlimited bandwidth.

Surrounding the issue of man-power, how about a user-submitted database? With administrators/moderators who would approve/deny any new entries. I'm sure members of PinkPT would be absolutely fine with submitting any items they come across to the database - and if you needed a hand with moderation, I'm sure I'm not the only one up for the challenge.

It may be just the kick that the site needs to become popular again - I've noticed it's become ever so quiet around here lately (Helen tried to explain to me what had gone on during one of my absences to cause the sudden decrease in members, but I couldn't understand what the big deal was).

Oh - I'd like to add, thank you for replying to my email, Kym/Other co-webmaster whom I am not particulary familiar with. Glad to see a larger site that actually has people running it - not faceless corporations!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:22 am

It would have to be one of the biggest projects we will do. Take a look at Jellyneo's Item Database.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:33 pm

Old topic is old.

Sorry about vanishing - Neopets just has really lost it's charm for me just lately. I'm sure a lot of you would understand! The daily 'grind' is boring me now. :(
Topic locked