This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Re: New Logo!

Thu May 14, 2009 10:34 pm

The artwork is just fine, but I'm afraid I don't find it very...logo-like. If that makes any sense. o_O

What I mean is, it doesn't have the feel of a logo. This looks more like an illustration of a Poogle that you'd post to deviantArt or put in a book, rather than something you'd look at and instantly think, "Oh, this is about a Neopets forum named Pink Poogle Toy." If you took the word "forum" out, nothing else in that logo makes me think of message boards. Also, I'm having a hard time getting over the wasted space at the bottom right. The text could've been made larger, or the poogle could've been lying down instead of sitting up.

I'll be honest: If I had submitted this as a logo to any of my graphic design professors when I was in college, they would have strongly suggested I do it over. As it stands now, I'd give it a C. It gets the job done, but could've have been a lot better. Again, NOT because I think the art is bad - as I said before, it's fine - but because it just doesn't function well as a logo.

'Course, if you just needed something nice to put up in the corner there, forget everything I said. :P

Fri May 15, 2009 12:52 am

Rakumel wrote:The artwork is just fine, but I'm afraid I don't find it very...logo-like. If that makes any sense. o_O

What I mean is, it doesn't have the feel of a logo. This looks more like an illustration of a Poogle that you'd post to deviantArt or put in a book, rather than something you'd look at and instantly think, "Oh, this is about a Neopets forum named Pink Poogle Toy." If you took the word "forum" out, nothing else in that logo makes me think of message boards. Also, I'm having a hard time getting over the wasted space at the bottom right. The text could've been made larger, or the poogle could've been lying down instead of sitting up.

I'll be honest: If I had submitted this as a logo to any of my graphic design professors when I was in college, they would have strongly suggested I do it over. As it stands now, I'd give it a C. It gets the job done, but could've have been a lot better. Again, NOT because I think the art is bad - as I said before, it's fine - but because it just doesn't function well as a logo.

'Course, if you just needed something nice to put up in the corner there, forget everything I said. :P

So, you're an actual graphic designer? Why don't you come up with a logo and submit it to Kym!

Fri May 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Aww, where did the fat chicken that everybody loves go? I miss arrow... :(

When I first looked at the new logo I had no idea what it was until I looked at it for like five minutes straight and figured out that it was a poogle :P It's a good drawing, but I agree with Rakumel. It doesn't look like a logo for a forum.

Fri May 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Hm, it's new, but I like it.
I had no reference to the old Arrow, but I think everybody can see, that we have a pink poogle here :)

Sat May 16, 2009 1:53 pm

but Arrow!! }}--> ~:>
i dont really like it. i dont really like it when a website has a logo that use's some thing from the name of the web site. but the artist did a good job.
but still.... ~:> ~:>

Sat May 16, 2009 4:30 pm

I like the new logo, it's cute. :)

Maybe I missed it in these posts...but who is the artist? Kudos to them. :)

Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 pm

It's a pretty picture of a Pink Poogle ( <3 ) but I agree, it's not very logo-y. When I saw the old Logo, I knew instantly which Website I was on although it wasn't Neopets related... but now I have to read the text, which is odd because it is a Pink Poogle after all. I get too used to things I suppose. :oops:

Blue wrote:I have to admit that the first time I saw the new logo, I was a little shocked to see a Poogle with a hypodermic needle strapped to her arm. I had to look real close to see that it's really a carrot. At least I think it is a carrot...

-squints- I thought it was a Chicken's head. Yay, Arrow's legacy lives on. :P

Mon May 18, 2009 1:54 pm

MagicalMystery wrote:-squints- I thought it was a Chicken's head. Yay, Arrow's legacy lives on. :P

I zoomed in and IT IS! Holy wow. Thats a little weird for something so cute.

Mon May 18, 2009 5:11 pm

Plastic Ninja wrote:
MagicalMystery wrote:-squints- I thought it was a Chicken's head. Yay, Arrow's legacy lives on. :P

I zoomed in and IT IS! Holy wow. Thats a little weird for something so cute.

I zoomed in and I was pretty sure it's a gnome. Yellow hat, white beard, red clothes -- like the ones in wingoball. But looking at it as a chicken's head, yes, I can definitely see that, too. Of course, it's not the right shape for Arrow's head, so I'll just think of it as Arrow's distant cousin.
Last edited by Siniri on Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 19, 2009 2:45 am

Alright. All this got me curious, so I zoomed in too...

I have to agree with MagicalMystery - it is sort of Arrow's head. A little squished and off-colo(u)r maybe, but Arrow just the same.

For those of you who don't know Arrow (or can't remember what Arrow looks like):

Wed May 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Blue wrote:I have to agree with MagicalMystery - it is sort of Arrow's head. A little squished and off-colo(u)r maybe, but Arrow just the same.[/img]

Has it killed arrow?

Wed May 20, 2009 6:03 pm

climber wrote:
Blue wrote:I have to agree with MagicalMystery - it is sort of Arrow's head. A little squished and off-colo(u)r maybe, but Arrow just the same.[/img]

Has it killed arrow?

yes. yes it did. and its flanting it to.

Wed May 20, 2009 6:15 pm

There once was a chicken named Arrow
with yellowish beak, long and narrow.
Along came a poogle
who severed his noodle,
then wheeled him around in a barrow.

RIP ~:> :( :cry:

Wed May 20, 2009 6:42 pm

Siniri wrote:There once was a chicken named Arrow
with yellowish beak, long and narrow.
Along came a poogle
who severed his noodle,
then wheeled him around in a barrow.

RIP ~:> :( :cry:

shapu suggests that the above be marked for tagline.

Wed May 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Great Limerick, Siniri!

I agree with Shapu. It would make a great tagline.

Arrow is dead. Long live Arrow. ~:>
Topic locked