Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: issues with pages loading.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

May wrote:
Combusken BG wrote:
I am getting the same message too when I try to view the Avatar Catalog Updates topic in Neopets General Chat.

I'm having problems with that thread too, though I was originally posting about the screenshots thread in General Chat. With that Avatar Catalog thread, it's one of those pesky ones where in the board index, it says someone new has posted, but when you actually read the thread, there is no new post, so the thread continues to show up as new no matter how many times you've read it. Is there any kind of fix for that other than remembering to click "mark all threads read" once you're done with that board?

Have you viewed all the pages? Could it be that there's a post on a page you haven't viewed thtat's been edited and that's why the thread is coming up as new?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:10 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
Rachel wrote:
May wrote:
Combusken BG wrote:
I am getting the same message too when I try to view the Avatar Catalog Updates topic in Neopets General Chat.

I'm having problems with that thread too, though I was originally posting about the screenshots thread in General Chat. With that Avatar Catalog thread, it's one of those pesky ones where in the board index, it says someone new has posted, but when you actually read the thread, there is no new post, so the thread continues to show up as new no matter how many times you've read it. Is there any kind of fix for that other than remembering to click "mark all threads read" once you're done with that board?

Have you viewed all the pages? Could it be that there's a post on a page you haven't viewed thtat's been edited and that's why the thread is coming up as new?

My guess that someone made a post in the topic and then deleted their post (I think this might sometimes cause the someone new has posted but no new post shows up problem) since there was supposedly a post between MystyGirl's and Pudding's posts from December 31th 2008 by k_spirit but when you viewed the topic or tried to find what they said by going to their posts you found out that their post wouldn't appear and the topic stayed as new no matter how times you clicked the topic.

Going to k_spirit's profile shows that they have 14 posts and last visted on December 31th 2008 but when you click search user's posts you find out that they have posted 13 times and last posted in 2005.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Combusken BG wrote:
My guess that someone made a post in the topic and then deleted their post (I think this might sometimes cause the someone new has posted but no new post shows up problem) since there was supposedly a post between MystyGirl's and Pudding's posts from December 31th 2008 by k_spirit but when you viewed the topic or tried to find what they said by going to their posts you found out that their post wouldn't appear and the topic stayed as new no matter how times you clicked the topic.

Combusken's got it right. We've had that problem ever since we upgraded to PHPBB 3. It doesn't happen now nearly as much as it did when we first upgraded, but it's still obnoxious.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I've been having a lot of trouble accessing the forums all day. Sometimes I just get a blank page, sometimes Firefox tells me it "Failed to Connect", and sometimes I get varying sql errors such as:
Quote:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't create UNIX socket (12) [2001]

Quote:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) [2002]

I assume I'm not the only one since PPT's been dead all day.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I've been having a lot of trouble accessing the forums all day. Sometimes I just get a blank page, sometimes Firefox tells me it "Failed to Connect", and sometimes I get varying sql errors such as:
Quote:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't create UNIX socket (12) [2001]

Quote:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) [2002]

I assume I'm not the only one since PPT's been dead all day.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I've been having loads of problems today. The pages are taking forever to load and I can't stay logged in. Each time I have visited PPT today, I've had to log in again. I have the box checked to log me in automatically and it's not working. And it has to be PPT as I haven't changed any settings on my computer and it's only been today that I've had the problem.

In all honesty, this is becoming extremely aggravating and one of the many reasons I'm considering leaving. It's just too much of a hassle to visit PPT these days. :x

EDIT: Another problem I've been having only today... Each time I go to post, I hit submit and then a message appears saying I may want to review my message because someone else has posted. Now, that's normal, but not when it was the post I just wrote. In other words, the post that is causing me to see that message is the post I just wrote. It went through, but at the same time, it's wanting to go through again.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:36 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I had trouble getting onto ppt today. The problems were the same as May's. It took me at least 4hrs to finally break though. I hope we are not being attacked by Turkish IP's again.

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:47 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've been getting slow pageloads and the same issue May's had. I thought it was just my connection.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
I had the same problem with page loads today, too. I did not have to re-log in though.

Seems to be working ok now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:25 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
I have been getting Network Timeouts on FireFox and these errors around PPT all of yesterday and today.

Quote:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't create a new thread (errno 12); if you are not out of available memory, you can consult the manual for a possible OS-dependent bug [1135]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Quote:
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (12) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:55 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I could not get onto ppt for a total of 72 hours so far and I am on know. I would like to know the hell is going on

Bring KISS to my Hometown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:55 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I haven;t been able to get here for a couple days. I'm glad to see it's working again now. <3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:31 pm 

Frosty Snowmobile wrote:
Looks like we're still getting denial of service attacks from Turkish IPs. Attacking servers banned.

What did we ever do to the Turks?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

We ticked them off in some way, apparently. :(

I'm having a problem on the forums...sometimes if I click on a link, Epiphany is taking it as to download the .php file instead of loading it.
It's not an Epiphany issue, because it hasn't done it in a while, it only does it on PPT, and Konqueror does it as well. :|

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

shapu wrote:
Frosty Snowmobile wrote:
Looks like we're still getting denial of service attacks from Turkish IPs. Attacking servers banned.

What did we ever do to the Turks?

That's nobody's business but the Turks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next