This board is for anything to do with the Pink Poogle Toy Forum. If you have a question or want to suggest any ideas, then this is the place to do it.
Topic locked

Name Changes

Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Hey, all. :) If you would like a name change, post up here.

Do not forget, name changes are not casual things. You cannot have your name changed often. If you are planning to change your name, make sure it's something you really like because you will be stuck with it for a while. :)

Also, I will keep a list here of recent name changes to keep everyone up-to-date.

Recent name changes
3lla (was ellamcumber)
Amelia Cheese (was my_mp3_speakers)
Ange (was angisfab)
Blake (was LovioNeko)
Bno2 (was Captain Insano)
dragon (was evilcows)
Evil Stu Man (was StuMan)
Jordan (was tedhead3)
Katherine (was kcharles)
Kuri (was Kurisutaru)
Lee (was euphoniumgirl_71)
loser (was loser1921)
Metatwaddle (was Miss Padfoot)
Mimi (was soymimi)
Miyu (was Princess Miyu)
Mongrel (was Moongewl)
Pardona (was pardona_ii)
Pink (was pinkflamingonewsgirl)
Plastic Ninja (was nicholas)
Regan (was reganlikewhoa)
Rissa (was Apricus)
Rox (was Roxas_X)
Xaidread (was Xaiphyn)

Re: Name Changes

Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:14 am

One thing I've seen on a different forum is to have the old name replace the user's title for a couple of weeks, so that people always can check who the person was. Just a thought.

Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:31 pm

It'd be easier if they just put it in their sig for a bit like others have in the past. Then we wouldn't have to go around making new ranks just to delete them later. ;)

Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:25 am

Since this topic is about name changes; if I remembered my PPT history correctly, some time before the Big Reset on the previous database PPT used to have a recent username list in the profiles of the PPTers, which I believe consisted of the last 5 usernames a user had been known as and I feel that it was a cool feature whilst it lasted. I also remember at one time on PPT that everyone regardless of their rank was able to the change their username at Christmas time and Halloween though back then we had a username change hack.

These days though in order to change your name you have to PM a Super Moderator or Administrator to change it and there are good reasons for that. Some of the reasons why this is the case can be found here, said by Yoshi and ahoteinrun.

Personally I am not bothered that the username change hack is gone and to tell the truth the only time that I really miss it is at Halloween and Christmas which is when I think about of all the normal users that used to be able to join in the festive cheer with their Spooky and Christmasy names on our old database.

Finally, don't worry as I'm happy with my username. Personally I just felt it was worth talking about PPT's history regarding name changes in case anyone asks why there is no name change hack and/or why things are the way they are, also I wanted to let everyone know where I stood on the issue.

Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:03 pm

Great post Combusken. Always nice to remember PPT throughout the years. :)

I still however, demand that my name be changed to "Ignacio Hoolio Enrique Luna Fernadez Elicer Coopman".

Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:46 pm

Kym, I thought Jas tried and it wouldn't fit?

Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:47 pm

She didn't try hard enough.

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:15 pm

Kymothy wrote:She didn't try hard enough.

Maybe she should type in small font :P
*runs away before this board becomes a spam-fest and gets in trouble...*cough*KYM*cough**

Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:33 am

Kymothy wrote:I still however, demand that my name be changed to "Ignacio Hoolio Enrique Luna Fernadez Elicer Coopman".

Kym, to me, you will always be Ignacio Hoolio Enrique Luna Fernadez Elicer Coopman

XD

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:59 pm

I.H.E.L.F.E.C. wrote:I still however, demand that my name be changed to "Ignacio Hoolio Enrique Luna Fernadez Elicer Coopman".

lol Is that okay? It's the best I can do. :/

Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Jas Frost wrote:
I.H.E.L.F.E.C. wrote:I still however, demand that my name be changed to "Ignacio Hoolio Enrique Luna Fernadez Elicer Coopman".

lol Is that okay? It's the best I can do. :/

Zed. Oh. Em. Gee! Rofl! That's hilarious! GO JAS!

Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:09 am

I'd like my name to be changed to Blake if you wouldn't mind. It sounds a little better than LovioNeko.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:22 pm

I very much want Stampsyne changed to Moonsyne.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:29 pm

stampsyne wrote:I very much want Stampsyne changed to Moonsyne.

For some reason, it can't. I've tried in the past and an error comes up. :/

"The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative."

Just like the last time I told you. :( Sorry.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:14 pm

Blake wrote:I'd like my name to be changed to Blake if you wouldn't mind. It sounds a little better than LovioNeko.

OMG... you're a guy!??
Topic locked