Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: French Board/Topic Proposal
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:48 am 
PPT God
PPT God

the_dog_god wrote:
The way I see it, if we had a French board, we'd need to then get a German board, Japanese board etc etc etc. Eventually, we'd have a whole host of topics in a forum (even if it was a private forum or something) that would each require a moderator that is online often, trustworthy and speaks a language fluently. There are currently six posts on this topic alone where non-French speakers cannot read a fair chunk of the text, and therefore have no idea what is being said. It just can't be like that

I know, it'd be fun conversing with others in French, but you have PM for that. The staff need to know what is being said on public boards. Simple as that. If you want to practice it, I'd say use PMs to converse with other French speaking members (clearly, there are a few on this topic alone). If you need help learning French, use the Homework Help thread in Miscellaneous. I just think there are too many problems involved with alternative language boards

Just an idea, but instead of having a board for every language, there could be one titled "Languages" and then topics for like German, French, Spanish ect.......

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:03 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

yer but there would still need a moderator fluent in the language to make sure people arent breaking the rules!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I agree with the other mods about this i'm afraid. if anything like this happened we would have to have a mod fluent in each language we allowed.

If you wish to practice your languages, do it by pm or i'm sure there are plenty of other forums around that are there for exactly that purpose...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:25 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Twitchy wrote:
the_dog_god wrote:
The way I see it, if we had a French board, we'd need to then get a German board, Japanese board etc etc etc. Eventually, we'd have a whole host of topics in a forum (even if it was a private forum or something) that would each require a moderator that is online often, trustworthy and speaks a language fluently. There are currently six posts on this topic alone where non-French speakers cannot read a fair chunk of the text, and therefore have no idea what is being said. It just can't be like that

I know, it'd be fun conversing with others in French, but you have PM for that. The staff need to know what is being said on public boards. Simple as that. If you want to practice it, I'd say use PMs to converse with other French speaking members (clearly, there are a few on this topic alone). If you need help learning French, use the Homework Help thread in Miscellaneous. I just think there are too many problems involved with alternative language boards

Just an idea, but instead of having a board for every language, there could be one titled "Languages" and then topics for like German, French, Spanish ect.......

That's what I was talking about. I interchange the words thread, topic and board regularly. Then just to confuse everybody, I also interchange the words forum and board. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think what you guys ought to do is start a topic in Misc. Discussion asking for anyone who speaks other languages to post. Kind of like a directory? Then you can all contact each other via other means, such as a PM or even off site if you so wish it.

A lot of people visit Misc Disc so you would probably have better luck finding bilingual people if you made a thread there.

Good luck.

~~ Set by YesItIsh <3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Actuallly, I think it'd be quite a nice idea to have a 'languages' usergroup. Lots of people on PPT are at the stage where they have to learn a forign language, and there are members from the countries where people speak those languages that could help.

Admittance to the language usergroup would be restricted, like the debate usergroup, so that new people wouldn't be able to just sign up and start posting swear words in French or whatever.

that's me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
jellyoflight wrote:
Actuallly, I think it'd be quite a nice idea to have a 'languages' usergroup. Lots of people on PPT are at the stage where they have to learn a forign language, and there are members from the countries where people speak those languages that could help.

Admittance to the language usergroup would be restricted, like the debate usergroup, so that new people wouldn't be able to just sign up and start posting swear words in French or whatever.

The problem is still that we would need to have a usergroup for every language and then moderators for those usergroups. We simply don't have the moderators for it.

I do quite like .neko.'s idea for a directory though of who speaks what languages.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

mayanspypilot wrote:
jellyoflight wrote:

The problem is still that we would need to have a usergroup for every language and then moderators for those usergroups. We simply don't have the moderators for it.

Oh no, I meant one usergroup for all of the languages instead of one each lol.

that's me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
jellyoflight wrote:
Oh no, I meant one usergroup for all of the languages instead of one each lol.

Lol...totally misunderstood...I shouldn't post that early in the morning :oops:

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2