Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Morningstar wrote:
Jacob, I didn't even know that the Neodex existed until a few days ago when a friend told me about it. I have been taken with it ever since then. So much stuff at my fingertips. I think that it is just fantastic and my hat is off to you, dear sir, because you must have spent hours and hours on it.
I'm glad you are enjoying the NeoDex, and thank you for the praise. I keep saying it (to the point of being a robot), but there is a lot more to do down the road, so look forward to new content being added.

Xil wrote:
Cakes for Jacob!

The article on Cellblock & The Neopets Team are very informative and well-written, you've certainly..how shall I say this a la MTV style.. pimp'd our site!

I say we take Kym (despite the fact that he revised my midterm papers for me(Thank you, again)) and turn him into a walking advertisement for the Neodex.

Awesome job. :)
I love cake! :D *eats cake*

kcharles wrote:
You've got to make some buttons for shops.That would be #1!!
Do you mean articles for shopes within Neopets? we do have them, though they are rather incomplete and we don't really know how to properly present them yet. Or do you mean something else by "buttons for shops"?

The Court Dancer is this weeks featured article. Check it out for a little the info on a minion of Lord Kass, capable of zombifing Neopets with her magic and charm.

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:08 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I mean little banner button things, like these ones http://www.pinkpt.com/linktous.htm

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Ohh that's a great idea! Jacob you should organize buttons and stuff so people can do a massive PR campaign for it on Neopets. I would so put a button on my shop.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:43 am 
PPT God
PPT God

You know, once you start editing some of the pages, you just can't stop.

Set by WIS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:08 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
heheh suuuccessss!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:21 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jacob, you might not have time to make up buttons, but if you would like to throw it out to the masses as a set contest, I would be more than willing to put up some prize money. Let me know, OK?

After all, you might not know this but a portion of your Neodex ultimately helped a few of us in our stand against a certain third party program that changed game play. So, the NeoDex is sort near and dear to my heart.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:39 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

kcharles wrote:
I mean little banner button things, like these ones http://www.pinkpt.com/linktous.htm
*taps forehead* of course. feeling silly not knowing that. :roll: Would be a good idea too as there are already other buttons for the Forum, Oekaki and NeoPool (in it's section but not ink the link page you shared).

Morningstar wrote:
Jacob, you might not have time to make up buttons, but if you would like to throw it out to the masses as a set contest, I would be more than willing to put up some prize money. Let me know, OK?

After all, you might not know this but a portion of your Neodex ultimately helped a few of us in our stand against a certain third party program that changed game play. So, the NeoDex is sort near and dear to my heart.
I could try and create a button, but i wouldn't trust it being a good result. :P A contest would be interesting, and it's something to think about. When would this contest occur, what would be accepted, what would be rewarded and many other things would need to be taken into account. would like more discussion on this. Would like a decent contest to come about if it should be decided upon (similar to the male faeire art contest?).

And you say the NeoDex influenced the opinion of other users? what third party program are you speaking of?

Dustin wrote:
You know, once you start editing some of the pages, you just can't stop.
It never ends either. :o but it's enjoyable all the same. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jacob, I sent you a PM about my post. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:41 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Probably the recent grease monkey script debacle that occurred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kym wrote:
Probably the recent grease monkey script debacle that occurred.
You are right in that Kym. I've cleaned up old conversations #1 and #2 to which they were addressed (as i thought they read a little sloppy, due to them being older conversations). It certainly is an interesting situation, and i hope everything turns out alright.

On a happier note, my Neopet is now a Baby...wait, that really isn't happy, is it? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:52 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jacob wrote:
And you say the NeoDex influenced the opinion of other users? what third party program are you speaking of?

Kym is right. It is about the GM debacle. And the link to a certain Neodex discussion helped to point things out to people who may have downloaded a particular GM script without full knowledge of the creator's thoughts and intent. So, Neodex didn't influence the opinions of others users. The Neodex discussion allowed them to see the truth about things that had never been fully disclosed to them. So, in other words, it allowed them to make an informed decision as to whether or not to continue their use of this particular program. So, Jacob, it was a good thing. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

For those who took notice of my post on the front page, i goofed in coding, and had the link supposedly going to zafara lead to a page on my personal website. Was doing copy pasta to quickly get the news post in, and i forgot to edit it properly. *sigh* more errors to come i'm sure, but will hopefully just be spelling. :D

The help articles are coming together nicely, except for the editting page...perhaps the most important of them all. :o will need to look it over, and possibly even take off the protection placed on the page and allow others besides admins edit. Would prehaps be faster than having them mention something in the talk page and have one of us edit it in.

one of the newest help pages i'm proud of is the Research resources article. It shows users how to gather and look into information by showing the common resources and tools used to research all topics. be sure to give it a read.

(edit on February 24, 2007)

Just to remind everyone again if you have an article you would like to be featured, be sure to let us know here or in the featured article talk page. We have 2 more articles to write up before the first run is finished, after which a 2nd run will begin once we have enough proper articles to feature.

Anyone getting errors while they are are trying to edit the NeoDex? No worries, you aren't the only ones who may be having it. Between the time period 02:00 - 02:30 (may vary for some reason), edits won't go through...not even previews of an edit. While this is only a small problem, it's annoying to happen when you are trying to see your work or save it. this should be fixed soon (hopefully), so never fear. ;)

(edit on March 26, 2007)

The completion of the editing help page is nearing completion...i think. hopefully it should give everyone a good idea on how to easily contribute to an article.

Are there any articles up for suggestion when "Featured Articles" start up again? It hasn't really been talked about yet, so if there is anyone who would like to have an article worked upon, we can make it so. I believe someone already mentioned discomfort that the Snorkle article was too short...and i would have to agree. :D will need to work on that sometime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:39 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Just popping in to say that you're doing an amazing job Jacob :) The NeoDex looks more and more amazing each day due to you and your staff and visitor efforts. Well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Pretty soon i'll be like Rambo...

It's never over!!! :o

:D i'm not sure if many people know this, but you can go to a specific article by typing it in on the address bar of your browser. example...
Code:
http://www.pinkpt.com/neodex/index.php/(article name)
this can also be done to create articles which haven't been created yet.

(edit April 16, 2007)

It appears the NeoDex is down. this may or may not be related to problems occuring at this forum right now.

(edit April 17, 2007)

everything appears to be working now...*sighs with relief*

(edit April 23, 2007)

Ever wanted to know the proper way to say or spell the proper plurl of Neopets words? trouble yourself no more with the Learn to speak Neopian page. It has the all the singular and plurl Neopets, important characters and a few other words which you may find difficult. Although it needs to be updated (Hissi and Xweetok aren't there), it's the place to go to learn Neopian.

You can find this link and many other helpful research links at the Research resources help page on the NeoDex.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Is the NeoDex down again, or is it just me? :(

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next