Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Official NeoDex Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:45 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hello, and welcome to the official NeoDex discussion board! Discuss topics and articles of the NeoDex, and share/edit information to help expand the NeoDex into the most informative Neopets database around.

for those that don't know about the NeoDex, a little information: The NeoDex is a wiki created right here at PinkPT on August 17, 2005. It contains (or it will) all information about Neopets, online and offline, for users to learn more about the complex world of Neopets. As the NeoDex is a wiki, aka based off of Wikipedia, any and all people around the world are editors, and can add to and edit articles, making them larger and more complete.

For those new to the Wiki system, be sure to read the help articles to have a better understanding of coding and writing techniques. also, be sure to see the To Do List and the Under Construction list, showing articles that have been flagged in need of editting. And if you should have reservations about editing a certain article and have questions, feel free to ask them here or on that articles discussion page. Let's work together to make a comprehensive encyclopedia. Huzzah! 8)

(edit on November 25, 2006)
I know there is a rule against double posting, so i thought i should edit the post instead. :D anyways, to all people who have editted or wanted to edit the NeoDex: i'm extremely adamant about users placing random comments on articles, especially if they overwrite data. My automatic response is to ban that IP address up to year 2009.

Of course, this is always a problem, because someone might not know better and not realize they are doing something very wrong. So if this should occur, please contact me about the error, and i can unban you so you can try again. or better yet, post here, so it can be discussed what is right or fair to place on an article. they may be those who are wrongly banned...but i don't know about them. looking forward to hearing from those people. *thumbs up*

(edit on December 7, 2006)
See, i'm not going to double post! :D *ahem* I've added a new feature to the funfiller on the front page, titled "Important Science Facts", which will showcase oddities in the Neopian world. It's more like a creation of whim, because...

1. i haven't changed the funfiller in awhile, and...

2. i didn't feel like writing the next part to "Battle for the Dung"...which is why a new part hasn't been written in awhile. ;)

so even though this was created as a lazy attempt to move forward, i think this has a lot of potential to be great. "Important Science Facts" will occur every month or so, spinning around other events which are currently happening (such as the unfinished "Battle for the Dung"). Hoping you all enjoy the new feature. Huzzah!

======================================

:P Help support the NeoDex!!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:35 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Popping in to say hi and well done with the neodex! It has grown so much and all those new features and organisation, woweee. I was super impressed today when I saw the grey faerie article and all it's references and everything.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks a lot. been trying to continue and organize everything, and we are always finding something new to be added to all the articles. we've come a long way, but we have a lot more ground to cover. We got a over 1000 articles to perfect, and the number continues to grow. *falls over from exhaustion* but it's fun, so i relish the work. :)

Note to all users: we are in the process of completing/expanding help/rule articles of the NeoDex. you can find a good majority of them here and here if you see something we missed, be sure to let us, the administrators of the NeoDex, know about. also, if you have an questions about any rules or editting in general, let us know and we will do our best to help you.

This weeks featured article will be Web of Vernax, so we will need to make sure it's properly prepared this Friday. if you should see something missing in the article (game mechanics, tips, tricks, history, etc.), don't hesitate to edit it.

p.s. Be sure to use the "Show Preview" button when you want to see how your current edit looks. Don't click "Save Page" until you hae what you really want. ;)

p.s.s. Hey! i didn't need to edit my first post to reply. :roflol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Jacob, I have a question about editing the Neodex. How do you go about inserting pictures into the articles? I was looking through and wanted to put a couple things about the Frowny (petpet), but I was discouraged since I couldn't figure out how to put the pictures in. Am I missing something really easy? Thanks for the great work you've done!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

mayanspypilot wrote:
Jacob, I have a question about editing the Neodex. How do you go about inserting pictures into the articles? I was looking through and wanted to put a couple things about the Frowny (petpet), but I was discouraged since I couldn't figure out how to put the pictures in. Am I missing something really easy? Thanks for the great work you've done!
Placing an image on an article is very easy if you know the coding and the image url. For the Frowny, simply put in this coding at the top of the article...
Code:
{|align=right
|http://images.neopets.com/items/petpet_frowny.gif
|}
You can view similar pages to get other examples of this coding. Also, if the image is right on the database of the NeoDex (and not being pulled from Neopets), the coding for this same action would be...
Code:
[[Image:petpet_frowny.gif|right]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Maybe a referencing tutorial on the NeoDex to help people add stuff easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kym wrote:
Maybe a referencing tutorial on the NeoDex to help people add stuff easier.
something like this has been in the works for awhile (or wanted to be at least). While links to help articles on Wikipedia itself are present, how-to guides specific to Neopets are a must, and should be created (and will be of course ;) ).

3 new articles have been put to the list for future featured articles, which are the Court Dancer, the Zafara, and Simon the Scorchio. Contributions to these articles for their future display are appreciated.

(edit on January 30, 2007)

New pages linked to the help contents have created, most notable an image help and editting and uploading. also put in place is a username help guide, on creating a username and what an editor can do with their user space.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:58 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Jacob, I didn't even know that the Neodex existed until a few days ago when a friend told me about it. I have been taken with it ever since then. So much stuff at my fingertips. I think that it is just fantastic and my hat is off to you, dear sir, because you must have spent hours and hours on it.

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hah you only just found out! Great isn't it lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:30 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Kym wrote:
Hah you only just found out! Great isn't it lol

Kym, methinks that you need to do a superdeduper promotion of it. Because I just bet that other PPTers are unaware of its existence. And it is just too great of a project to keep hidden from people. :) Maybe put a blurb about it in the Neopets General Chat section????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

That's a great suggestion star! I'll do that on PPT main.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:41 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Kym wrote:
That's a great suggestion star! I'll do that on PPT main.

You called me Star! Oh well, I will let you. After all, you are the ruler of PPT. You can call me just about anything. Just not late for dinner. Or however that phrase goes. The NeoDex is cool and yeah, lots more people should know about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:53 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Cakes for Jacob!

The article on Cellblock & The Neopets Team are very informative and well-written, you've certainly..how shall I say this a la MTV style.. pimp'd our site!

I say we take Kym (despite the fact that he revised my midterm papers for me(Thank you, again)) and turn him into a walking advertisement for the Neodex.

Awesome job. :)

generally unimpressed. Koku.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Xil wrote:
Cakes for Jacob!

The article on Cellblock & The Neopets Team are very informative and well-written, you've certainly..how shall I say this a la MTV style.. pimp'd our site!

I say we take Kym (despite the fact that he revised my midterm papers for me(Thank you, again)) and turn him into a walking advertisement for the Neodex.

Awesome job. :)

Spread the love I say ... spread the love!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:57 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

You've got to make some buttons for shops.That would be #1!!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next