Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Returning after years :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:41 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Hi :)

To be honest, part of the reason for this post is to see what signature I have here...

...and to say hi. I've returned to Neopets after a 4 year break (and my stocks are still -0.003% or something!)

I'm looking to find out the best way to make the most of the large amount of retired books I have in my SDB also.

Is there a place I could potentially have a catch-up? Like, a changes over the last 5 years thread or something? :lol:

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject: Re: Returning after years :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:13 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hi and welcome back! Glad your account was still intact.

I guess the biggest change over the last five years was Nickelodeon selling Neopets to JumpStart. The transition was very rocky, and a lot of players left for good, fed up by the lag and glitches. Most of original TNT was fired a few months post-transition, and a few of the site features are gone permanently (Habitarium, Petpet Park, random contest), while others probably are, too (though not necessarily officially -- such as Key Quest and the caption contest).

All in all, though, the site is still plugging along as it used to. The events we've had since JS took over include the Games Master Challenge, the Altador Cup, and a new thing called Charity Corner, which gives people a reason to clear out their SDB every few months (and hoard things in between), because you donate items of certain types (have to be R99 and under) and receive other items in return (of the same rarity). Oh, and the Negg Festival is currently going on right now! We've got a thread on that.

I guess maybe the new battledome came after 4 years ago? Every two weeks, there's something called the Battle of the Obelisk (a spin-off of the last plot-like site event run by Nickelodeon). You sign up for one of three factions Monday-Wed. (the next sign up is a week from yesterday), battle Thurs.-Sun., and then the winning faction receives something called boons (you can select one of 5) which they can use the next week (we're collecting boons right now). Boons are things like double spins on the wheels for a week, a stock market discount (you can buy stocks at 10 instead of 15), a little extra bank interest, being able to borrow others' avvies temporarily on the boards, using intelligence for your strength in battles...). Opponents range from super-easy to not-very-strong bosses (if you've invested in weapons and training, you can knock them out in one hit). The abilities are different in the new battledome and it looks a lot cooler, but it really functions much the same as the old one.

I guess you could sell your retired books. I know you're supposed to keep advertisements for shops/trades on the appropriate board, but I think it might be okay to give a list on the avatar chat board (whichever that one is) (with no links to your shop/trades, just a simple "Hey, I'm back and found these titles in my SDB if anyone needs them for the High score table").

Again, welcome back! I'm sure someone else can fill you in on additional changes...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wow, that's a great lot of information! Thank you very much - I'm going to go and check out those things right now. Especially interested in the Charity Corner - where do I find information about that?

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Hi twinklyspangle, Welcome Back!

Siniri has summed up the changes over the last four years rather well. The transition to JS was indeed rocky, but most things seem to have evened out OK. Bilge Dice is still "undergoing a quick fix or revision" (LOL, sure it is) along with a few other games that were apparently easy to hack. Ah well.

There are a few threads here in Neopets Chat on the Charity Corner. (Latest)

Glad you are back and feel free to post lots here, there and everywhere :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Welcome back!

Siniri did a great job of summing up the biggest changes. :) If you want a play-by-play, I'd suggest checking JN's History (which shows dates for new p/bs', links to event summaries, etc). They don't have anything up yet for this year, but so far, it's been the daily Faerie Quest event and the current Negg hunt event.

Some things to note that I can't remember if they changed in the last 4 years, or sooner:
*Faerie Quest rewards now go to your ACTIVE pet. So make sure whatever pet you want to get the stats is active. Plus, Faerie Quest rewards have gotten better....and there are some new faeries. JN's quest info
*Trudy's surprise is a new daily wheel that appears until you spin it. Some of us post daily, just to keep track of when we spun and what day we're on (as the last 15 are identical).
*Several things updated on Neopet's 15th birthday. You might want to read our thread on that.
*New Dailies (some of these may be not new for you, but I just went back for several years): Kiko Pop, Grave Danger, Spaceship Interior (Random Event Machine), Anchor Management, Forgotten Shore, Negg Cave, Faerie Caverns, Apple Bobbing

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]