Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: New and already confused!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:03 pm 

Hello there! I'm Frou and I'm new! AND CONFUSED.

I tried to post in a topic in the Neopets help subforum, a girl was wondering what kinda colour she should paint her pets. I tried to reply and it said something along the lines of "post rejected, ask administrator for help". What's that? D: Did I do something wrong?

[edit] Now it did work. Is it because I posted here? :oops:
[edit2] Now I got this. Posting suspended; you will be able to post again in a minute.
Are you not allowed to mention other Neopet websites? :\

Post subject: Re: New and already confused!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Vauxhall wrote:
[edit2] Now I got this. Posting suspended; you will be able to post again in a minute.
Are you not allowed to mention other Neopet websites? :\

Yes you are allowed to mention other websites and my guess for the posting suspended is that perhaps you clicked the submit button too many times and the website did not like it
anywho welcome to ppt we are all crazy and random here and we all hope you will be able to stay with us for a long time *hands plate of cookies fresh out of the oven* Enjoy :D

set by Byakuya San.....Thanks your awesome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:19 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Welcome to PPT! *hands out roasted pumpkin seeds*

There's a limit to how many posts you can make in a certain amount of time to deter spammers, but it's rare to actually hit that -- it was more likely a temporary glitch in the site. Don't let that deter you. If you know of other helpful sites, please do post them. My Neopets bookmarks have been mostly populated by links provided by PPT users:The Daily Neopets, My Little Pony (petpage/game guide -- I think that's what it was called; I lost my links a year ago, sadly, and haven't replaced this one yet), the Battlepedia, JellyNeo, and avatar.starried.net, to name a few.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:03 pm 

Thanks guys! *eats stuff*

I wanted to give the girl the link to Neocolours so she could look at the pets herself but it wasn't working. :(

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Vauxhall wrote:
I tried to post in a topic in the Neopets help subforum, a girl was wondering what kinda colour she should paint her pets. I tried to reply and it said something along the lines of "post rejected, ask administrator for help". What's that? D: Did I do something wrong?

You did nothing wrong, and are allowed to link to virtually all other websites (provided their content is not against the forum rules).

The error you've encountered stems from one of our spam-preventing strategies: we block posts containing links (save from a few to known-good domains like neopets.com) if the poster's account is... well, new. I'm avoiding the exact details, but it's sufficient to say that the check goes away after you've spent some time posting on PPT Forums, so most people simply never encounter it.

I've now added the domain you were trying to link to to the list of allowed links (the trouble with neocolours is that they've got an incredible number of aliases). In general, if an error message tells you to contact administrators, you probably should -- we don't bite. :)

Will you stop with the honour stuff?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]