Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (until it has an official name)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:15 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yay!! Congrats Siniri.

~~~~~
TNT has replaced the Poisonous Spear Wand with a downgraded version, Corrosive Spear Wand
11 - 16 icons (5 physical, 5 light, 1 fire + 5 fire)

The outrage is palpable on the site event board. But in all honesty, that weapon was way to overpowered for such little effort and at the start of a plot. That would have made an excellent end prize.

As it is the new weapon is still nice for little effort. I mean 11-16 icons!! This range is now the norm.

I remember doing the LDP and having enough plot points for the RoTL. Wow!! What a weapon that was back then. 9.5 icons and 100% dark blocker. Which in turn was overshadowed by another plot prize years later, Hanso Charisma Charm, 10 icons and 100% dark blocker.

Now people are complaining about a 11-16 iconer being given out as an early stage prize.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:09 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for the warning re: the weapon, Daze! Plot inflation is real. I'm glad they downgraded it. It's still a really really nice weapon for crazy low effort! I wielded double YBs (hard earned, mind you) through the TOW, and they served me well enough. I think those were 13 icons, no blocking. A more powerful weapon for 5 battles?! Yeah, too ridiculous.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:55 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Thanks Daze. I actually had swapped out my remaining YB with the Spear. But, I rarely used the YB anymore anyway thanks to some very generous friends ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

TNT has reset the battle percentage bar back to 100%.

Not sure what this means for personal plot points.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:09 pm 

anjuna wrote:
I'm lost already. I see the chest at the HQ but can't unlock any BD challenger.

All the word puzzles are different numbers of letters and it seems to randomize upon every Reset.

The formatting seems sucky. I wondered if I should switch browsers but all the ones I used are Chrome-based and really don't want to install something unfamiliar. :(

using notepad with no word wrapping with about six refreshed versions of the 'puzzle' each version on a separate line ( copy, paste )

there's a guide somewhere with similar directions...

the keyword finally became visible; before even finishing spelling that out, the faerie caught on and i was prompted to the next stage or phase.

that seemed to almost help.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So, I've managed to complete all the steps, but didn't get a chance to do it Friday (away from the computer all day) or Saturday (driving all day long and not arriving in our hotel until after midnight NST due to unexpected delays), so the first chance I had at doing them was on Sunday (19th). I was at 2000% before they reset the counter, and I'm kinda OK with that, as I've hardly had any time to keep up with things for the last few weeks. I had really hoped they would wait until after the GMC to start things, but...obviously they didn't.

According to the JN guide, there's a much more complicated (and devious) way that we were (presumably) supposed to figure out which letters to click on in our letter mess. I was actually impressed with the complexity of it. If TJNT hadn't randomized the letters that weren't the right ones every time, it would've taken everyone a more significant amount of time to get through that step. If you haven't read through how we were supposed to figure it out, you should.

As far as the weapon goes, I'm with Daze. I'm glad it was downgraded. The initial weapon was WAY too overpowered for an essentially freebie item. As it is, the 11-16 icons is still pretty hefty for a practically freebie weapon.

I also remember how awesome it was to work your tail off and get a RotL. Even though I have a HCC, I keep the RotL equipped (even though I never get around to using it), because I like the icons on the RotL better, even if it's .5 less, and because I like the reminder about the LDP every time I battle.

Rant section (ignore if you wish):
I am super bummed to see that JN reported this (and I was able to find it myself) but that TJNT seems to have included an achievement for visiting the hub page every day of the event.
Source code of Achievements page wrote:
visit hub every day
Completing this helps you move up the ranks in the Resistance.
For short events, like the Faerie Festival, DD, GMC, or Faerie Quests, that's one thing. For plots that span months and really get started the weekend before a major US holiday? Really kinda upset they might include this. Does it mean if we didn't check for new dialogue every day from when the Faerie Festival ended, we're out? Or was it only once the first actual "step" happened? I'm hoping that TJNT will address this potential plot achievement when they're back in the office. I know there's been a number of people who have already missed a day, because they checked elsewhere, saw there were no updates, and didn't go to the Neo page.

I guess I'm mostly miffed they'd do this with a plot, because while we've all come to expect it with events, it's not been something with plots (that I can recall, at least).

/endrant

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles, I doubt I've checked it every day, either. That's just ridiculous. If you're going to go weeks between steps, you can't expect people to check a big page of nothing every day. *sigh*

JS gets all the things wrong all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmph. I know for sure that i have not checked the hub every day. Not going to worry about it now, either. It is truly an "oh well" thing. Oh well, indeed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Shouldn't we technically change the name of the topic now that the plot has an official name?

What would you like to see in this plot? I think it'd be fun to have some cooperative steps to re-elevate FL (as long as it doesn't go back to its old nauseating color scheme - I think it'd be cool to actually take the greenery with it, maybe even a chunk out of Neopia in a little "oops").

I like the complexity of the word puzzle; I wish they hadn't ruined it by randomizing everyone's puzzle (and the randomization of the clues hiding the numbers seemed like overkill. You want it tough but solvable).

Also, I cannot find the number six anywhere in this line: Report to the Colonel about any sightings of the wraith!

Last edited by Siniri on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:07 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
Also, I cannot find the number six anywhere in this line: Report to the Colonel about any sightings of the wraith!

That one has the number "one" in it, not six. ;)

When they removed all the extra achievements today, the visit every day one disappeared, too. Hopefully that means we won't be seeing it again?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, since my puzzle was 4-3-6, that doesn't make sense. I've only seen 2 of the allegedly 4 possible sets of messages, and the first 2 lines of this one had the correct numbers. I don't really feel like wasting any more time trying to get the correct one to work. Like I said, it was an unnecessary layer of complexity, especially since they ruined it by randomizing the other letters.

Just out of curiosity, would it save memory to randomize extraneous information each time (the letters in the puzzle) vs. keeping it set but unique for each user (i.e., randomize once and then save it)? But then why did they bother having four clues per person if they were worried about memory... Nah, just JS being weird, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:23 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm super confused about the bugginess of this plot. My battle bar always remained at 100%, was never reset. Then a few days later I noticed more potion making steps, and I tried to do more but they seemed not to be credited. Then a day later they were all removed. Taelia is still asking for 3 Wraith Ectoplasms, but so far I've removed the smog from the Jelly and Omelette and it appears I've completed everything so far. Is there anything else I should be doing?

I believe I might have visited the hub or HQ daily, but how can I be sure? I don't see an achievement slot for it.

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Shouldn't we technically change the name of the topic now that the plot has an official name?

Thread renamed :)

Siniri wrote:
ETAWhat is this in reference to? Am I missing a step?
Oy. I just read the "how to" on how we were supposed to solve Mystic Murmurs... WOW is that complicated.

Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (a.k.a. Wraith Resurgence Plot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Anjuna, they might have accidentally released later potions too soon. I think right now there's nothing new, probably because of the holiday/GMC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks Blue. I had a mental block and couldn't work out how to do it. D'oh! I realised how easy it was after I checked again. *smacks head*

I never even bothered to check my numbers. My brain does not work like it use to! I get a headache just reading about how it was suppose to be solved.

I just wish now the plot would continue.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next