Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (until it has an official name)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

No update yet, but at least JS is working on the site theme again. Icons are being done to reflect the theme.
This gives more weight to my theory that it was released before it was finished.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:28 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Thanks Daze. Good to know. I have to admit that I am liking the timing of this event. RL life is simply insane right now. I am back in the business travel again. Work all day at an off site location, but do not get "regular" needed work done. Sit in hotel doing "regular" work until falling asleep. Wake up early and repeat. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

In the news today:

The winds are truly changing because Fyora is finally ready for you. So don't wait, train up now because the armies are gathering and a time for action is sooner than you think...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:25 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Fyora has gathered her troops and is finally ready for you to join her at The Faerie Resistance Headquarters in time for The Wraith Resurgence! You've waited patiently for our next adventure and now the time has come for you to make waves and assemble your pets for total domination. Earn rewards as you complete activities to help the Faeries finish this once and for all!

To start, we saw Kaia earlier looking to be in some sort of a trance so go see if you can figure out what's wrong. Good luck, the future of Neopia is in your hands… And, while you’re at it, don’t forget - Taelia is in dire need of a potion!! She needs to concoct something so powerful that it brings these Wraiths down! So bring forth your items from your winnings now to help heal your pets and all of Neopia, there really isn't time to waste!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Figured out Kaia's first clue.

Take a screenshot of the words. Refresh, and most of the letters will change. Take another screenshot. Repeat. Now find the letters that are the same in all three screenshots and enter them in order, left to right, top to bottom. That's supposedly a clue... but to what, I'm not sure, since it didn't seem to do anything for me. Maybe tomorrow?

Terrible timing with the (U.S.) holiday and people traveling. I hope there's a ton of time between steps. And I presume no GMC this year...

(Oh, and my mouse broke tonight. *sigh* Time to find a new one, but I'm really picky. I want one with a cord, not batteries, because the cord never needs replacing at inopportune moments, and why would I want my mouse far away from my computer, anyway? And I've got small hands, so the "ergonomic" ones are way too big for me.)

Edit: Nope. Mine is just broken. Great... Should have known, JSNT is the faerie queen of glitchiness.

Edit: If yours is broken, too, go back to TWR HQ and keep refreshing until you see a link to the chest (maybe go back and forth clicking the link to your location until it appears). Then you can unlock the chest to unlock the first BD challenger. Right now, I haven't unlocked the chest achievement. Not sure if that's a glitch caused by the lack of light faerie or general bugginess, or maybe it's coming later.

Edit: Nope, the chest achievement is unlocked by having five or fewer misses. Refresh the page if you miss more than that. Oh, well.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Made it past Mystic Murmors... Sort of

I solved the puzzle

Quote:
A light faerie suddenly appears in front of you. "I'm glad I could get to you before the wraith got here! They're attacking in hordes, so you better be careful. We've gotten together to craft a special weapon that should help you take them down, but we locked it up so it doesn't get into the wrong hands. Open this when you're ready to fight."

But moving forward to open the The Faeries' Chest, my browser just gives a black background and white dot... Switching browsers, the puzzle is arleady solved but clicking on my answer just takes me to the location in Neopia... Grrr.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:33 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm lost already. I see the chest at the HQ but can't unlock any BD challenger.

All the word puzzles are different numbers of letters and it seems to randomize upon every Reset.

The formatting seems sucky. I wondered if I should switch browsers but all the ones I used are Chrome-based and really don't want to install something unfamiliar. :(

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

For the word puzzle:
1) Take screenshots of your puzzle.
2) Refresh. Take another screenshot.
3) Repeat step 2.
4) Compare your 3 screenshots letter by letter. There should be ten letters somewhere in the puzzle that are the same in each one when read as a book (left to right, top to bottom) (and yes, it's messed up regarding formatting - a line with too many I's will have an extra letter in it). For my puzzle, they were in the first few lines, with 3 letters per line (1 towards the left side, 1 towards the middle, and 1 towards the end). My location was UGGASHINIES - so it didn't really look like much of a word at first!
5) Once you type in all your letters, you'll get a pop-up. Then you can click on the name to go to the location and get the light faerie pop-up (hopefully).

For the chest:
1) If following the link from the light faerie doesn't work, go back to TWR HQ. There should be a link at the bottom that takes you to the chest (it's different from the NC chest thingy at the top of the page in the picture).
2) Click anywhere on the picture when the innermost 2 turning items are lined up.
3) Once the connected turning item is lined up with the next item, click again.
4) Repeat step 3 until all items are lined up. If at any point your "missed" count gets above 5, refresh the page and start over so you can get the achievement.
5) Once you open the chest, you'll get the wraiths as a BD challenger and can fight. (Battle link at the bottom where the chest link was.)

And for battling:
1) Battle the snapjaw wraith 5 times on hard (or more times on medium or easy) to unlock one of the achievements.
2) Today, the BD started dropping the potion ingredient. When I went back to Potions Class with Professor Snape - er, Taelia -- and clicked on the ingredient list, I got this message:
Quote:
It Worked!

You just created a potion! You can find it in your inventory.

Taelias Concoction I

However, I have NOT unlocked the "brew your first potion" achievement yet...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Good advice Siniri

I did the word puzzle a little differently:
1) HIghlight all of the letters, copy them and paste into something like notepad - something that lets you use a font in which all letters are the same width. If using notepad, turn off word wrap
2) Refresh. Copy all the letters and paste into next row after #1
3) Repeat until you have 4 or 5 lines
4) Look across and you should see some columns with all the same letter. Those are your answer.

It took me a little while before I realized I could not type into he answer box... You must click the letters in the puzzle. After I had clicked on 8 or 10 letters, it autofilled the rest. My answer was ANCHOR MANAGEMENT
5) Once you type in all your letters, you'll get a pop-up to go to the location.

If your browser does not work for the treasure chest puzzle, you can get there directly here: http://www.neopets.com/twr/lockpuzzle/lock.phtml

Once you have created Talia's potion - you need two of them - first visit the Giant Omelette, then visit the Giant Jelly. You will use one at each location. However, it seems a little glitched, as It asked me to use another one at the same location - don't do it. Just refresh the page.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bah. It didn't work, so I refreshed as suggested, but now there's nothing... Headed back to HQ, no achievement. Maybe if I go to the Potions Class? Nope... Nothing doing. How hard is it to design a glitch-free event, JS?

Edit: According to JN, the achievement is glitched for everyone. So I guess not having anything at HQ or at the omelette was the anticlimactic ending of the current steps?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:35 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, the achievements are not working properly. I think the only way to know that you did the potion step "properly" is that the purple haze is gone from both the giant omelette and the giant jelly.

If you are keeping track, there are three achievement awards that are glitched:
1. Oh, Snap!
2. Snap, Snap, Snap
3. Bubble, Bubble

One can hope they are fixed soon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:47 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

There doesn't seem to be an update today (Monday).

Sorry for not coming back sooner. :oops:

A great guide for the plot:

http://www.neopets.com/~Aqueall :P

JN is also good.

I haven't had any problems so far in the plot. I hope it gets a little harder.

EDIT:
TNT have been working on the Achievements page. The 'glitched' achievements have now been altered.
The prizes are no longer available and new text has been added: "Completing this helps you move up the ranks in the Resistance."

FAQs are also available, although there is no link on the HQ page. (In spoiler to reduce size)
The Wraith Resurgence Achievements
1.How do I view the achievements for a specific activity?

Each activity's achievement can be viewed by clicking on the icon on top that represents the activity. By default, when you visit this page, the general achievements related to the plot will be displayed with the plot's participation badge as its icon.
2.How does the achievement system work?

Completing an achievement earns you an achievement point. These points add to your ranking meter in the plot. The higher your ranking, the higher your final trophy level will be. So try to complete as many achievements as you can!
3.I should have received a prize for completing an achievement, but I can't find it in my inventory.

To receive an achievement prize in your inventory, go to the achievement that you have completed and click on the gift box next to it. On clicking on the gift box, you will receive the prize and have it added to your inventory.
4.Is there a way to access an activity from the achievements page?

If you have an achievement that is available for you to attempt, clicking on the faded gift box or the achievement point button will take you to the activity page. If you have already completed the achievement, this link will not function.
5.What are Achievements in The Wraith Resurgence?

Achievements are special bonuses that you earn in the plot. These bonuses can either be prizes, an increment to your achievement points or both. Achievements are available for each activity in the plot. New achievements will be added as the event progresses, so keep checking back to see what's currently available for you to attempt.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So by not realizing I needed to refresh for that stupid circle challenge (which was ridiculously glitchy), I'm already possibly out of the contention for the top prize? Greeeaaaat...

Unless:
Quote:
These bonuses can either be prizes, an increment to your achievement points or both.

Maybe it's a prize-only achievement? *shrugs*

Anyway, thanks for keeping us informed, Daze. If we're lucky, JS won't release the next step until after GMC is over. I wonder how many wraiths you have to kill to unlock the next two achievements. I'm surprised some of the Neo-obsessed haven't already hit at least one... I'm at only like 1500% of the beat-5 achievement, which I guess means I've only killed 75 wraiths thus far. Better step up my game, but I don't have time...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Siniri, if you haven't got your prize for that achievement, you should be able to go back and redo your Faerie Chest puzzle again.

Go to the achievement and click on your prize box and it will pop up, click the text underneath to be taken back to the puzzle.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Daze, I've been back several times, but you can only open the chest once. Or at least I get the instructions, but it shows the open chest, and clicking anywhere on it does nothing. Wait... There's the achievement underneath, and clicking that let me retry.

Thanks, Daze! That was super tricky. At least it wasn't quite as laggy as the first time I tried, so it was easy to do.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next