Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Faerie Festival Plot (a.k.a. Wraith Resurgence Plot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

This plot is so buggy so far. :( I have to say they (JS) really haven't done a good job to take care in making sure all the coding is "kosher" so to speak before taking a very long vacation that most of us cannot afford, unlike TNT might have.

The inflation is indeed insane. I hit my drop limit for another day yet still need more Ectoplasm which even I am not payng 7k NP a piece for. To heck with that. This plot is slow. I'll have time tomorrow. Meanwhile, nothing left I can do plot-wise. Battling is so boring. Click click ... too much clicking.

It didn't take long for me to figure that I can battle on Easy for max drops (sorry, I'm a Battledummie). That way I can make more NP selling all the Healing Potions I've stocked up over 13 years. :P

EDIT: What I wouldn't give for a more puzzle-y plot like LDP again. Glad I kept my ROTL.

EDIT2: They could even improve the Battledome. One-click to use all the same weapons on the same opponent. Neopets (dailies that I've even truncated) is enough clicking already. Yeesh. People have lives. They work hard; surprisingly more adults/veterans of Neopets. I'd rather come home from a hard day of work and map out 1,000 tombs unique to me than ... this.

EDIT3: I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but for some reason this plot is deflating what used to be very expensive Spooky Foods (great for Esophagor quests). Why can't they drop Kad foods instead? lol

Inventor of the Mad Plumber Wizard

Main Account: anjuna
Side 1: thetan604
Side 2: unoriginal_sin
Side 3: mobofo
Side 4: anomalie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:54 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The navigation is so tedious. After making the potions, you're taken back out to the main HQ page, where you have to go back to the potions table to access the infirmary. And giving each potion reloads the page, which takes forever thanks to the achievement pop-ups and levitating jetsam.

And don't even get me started on collecting the achievement prizes. You click on one, and it reloads, taking you back to the first tab, so that it's 7 clicks (and 7 page loads) to get three prizes. Sheesh. The 20th century called and wants its click-o-ramas back, JS!

Anjuna, I was able to get plot drops even after my daily drops were done for the day (they're totally separate).

I'm up to 150 battles against the newest baddie, 200 for the second, and I think 260 or so for the first. My goal is to get them all up to 200, then 250, then... we'll see if a new one is released by then. Meh.

I'm honestly not sure why there will be any kind of overarching prize ranking for this plot. It feels more like a mini-plot to me. Altador was a lot more work.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There are glitches still with the drop caps. Example: Mr. P never got up to 35 ectoplasms (he's done the bare minimum so far, and had none in his SDB before yesterday's steps), and cannot get anymore. In theory, he should've been able to get another 10 to hit the 35 limit, but...nope. He was able to get up to 35 of the others, but for ectoplasm, 25 was it. Others have reported a 25 limit on some item drops as well.

I'm really kind of hoping they will drop the caps at this point, even if I've spent a ton more than I've made off buying/selling at this point. (Okay, so I re-bought most of the ectoplasms I'd bought and then sold, and made more potions.) I've probably spent somewhere between 2-3 mil on items at this point, and I'd still rather they take the caps off, and let people get what they need rather than pay for it. Either that, or make whatever the presumably 4th challenger is drop everything, and no limit on that one, or something like that. While prices have settled down some since yesterday (I was sniping furs in the mid-20k range and selling for 33k fairly quickly), they're still too high to expect people to pay to donate more.

I do recall that a lot of the old plots had a lot of clicking in them, too, and I actually don't mind doing plenty of mindless clicking. I'd do more battling if they were dropping items, and more donating if that were the case as well. I do have a life, but it's been so crazy lately that during the kids' naptime, some mindless activity is GREATLY appreciated. I mean, I wouldn't mind mapping out tombs either, but mindless is OK right now.

The spooky foods are deflating because most everyone is getting their daily battledome drops in the Rattling Cauldron instead of the Dome of the Deep or Cosmic Dome (which is where people tend to do their daily item farming, due to high codestone counts off the Koi Warrior, and Nerkmid drops off the Cosmic Dome).

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Siniri and others with the same sentiments: I can go past the 'item and NP limit' lies in Battledome for this plot, but it's so boring for me and clickedy click carpel tunnel syndrome inducing after about 20 battles, I'm out.

Even the Altador Plot was indeed more ... challenging but in a more rewarding way, agreed. (Hence I'm glad they kept that plot open forever to all newcomers, and also proud of my Mad Plumber Wizard for the Water Plant of DOOM.) ;) (in sig)

I still say I'd rather click and map out a thousand tombs. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Hidden Tower

An invisible tower in the Queen Faeries tower has been home for hundreds of years to the most powerful items in Neopia. She is now selling them to raise money for Faerieland... can you afford the price???

As you enter, you see one of the palace guards gesturing for you to leave. “Fyora isn't here. This shop is closed.” You want to ask him about Fyora, but he doesn't seem interesting in talking (and more than a little scary) so you head back out.

~~~~~

New conversation and new Wild Woods step.

Jetsam is healed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, so much for buying a Royal P/b on discount day. Sigh. I guess that can wait for a while. No hurry.

Found Fyora on my first try through the woods, though this time I went L-L-R based on the fallen columns.

Ectoplasm prices are falling. Surprise, surprise. Others seem to be fairly stagnant at this point, maybe a hair down from yesterday.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Yeah. I was thinking of buying the Fire Sword. Yay, don't need to spend 10M :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:20 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bah. I was thinking of buying a g-bomb or a KT... Guess I can't, now.

I used Daze's clue about the fallen column and made it through the first 2 (RL) but then had a choice and picked R. Guess I'll have to try again. *sigh* I won't be awake in 90 minutes.

Edit: I actually was still awake, but LLR (the first one was random, but I followed the columns for the second two) didn't work. *sigh*

So far I've tried:
RLR
LLR

Edit: Tried again. It was L(unknown-I chose L because there was a column *behind* the columns pointing L)R. This is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:43 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Jetsam appears to be healed, but now Fyora is in the infirmary.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:02 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

LRR failed, too. *Quadruple sigh*

So far I've tried:
RLR (last was the "choice")
LLR (x2: the first was the "choice", then the middle was the choice)
LRR (middle was the "choice")

I did manage to heal Fyora six times and unlock the achievements, so I guess that's something. And technically the Wild Woods thingy doesn't seem to have any achievements attached to it...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, that spiked the prices of pretty much everything (except Ectoplasm, it's down from 6k to 4.5k).

I was REALLY hoping we'd get to fight Fyora in wraith form. That would've been AWESOME. (And possibly worthy of having a good battle pet and weapons!)
I suppose it's still possible. I mean, what if they pull another "crash Faerieland" stunt where, since she never turned into a wraith to begin with, by giving her potions, we turn her into one instead of making her better?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:33 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

So far I've tried:
RLR (last was the "choice")
LLR (x2: the first was the "choice", then the middle was the choice)
LRR (middle was the "choice")

New attempt:
RRL (the first was the "choice", then followed the signposts)

Oh, there's Fyora! Aww. Let's get her to Taelia. Maybe she needs healing... (Wait, I already did that! It'd be nice if you actually had to "unlock" the later steps... Then again, if it's going to be random, then I'm fine with not having to wait to unlock things.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A very informative editorial was just posted. Here's this for the item caps:
Quote:
Scrappy, your beautiful tropical fish — You're smart as a whip and you're cool under pressure. *Throw a ton of cookies* I have material for throws for a long time, no worry. I was thinkin' about the 35 cap of dropped battledome items on The Wraith Resurgence Plot. I'm a little worried about the donations of potion from the injured Neopets. With only a few items to make potions, how we can donate a lot? You're attempted to remove this cap-thing? Want more snacks?
Wow, that was so sweet! I always want more snacks...seriously always! Whenever we get this neocam back up and running the first thing I'm doing is showing you ALLLLL my snacks! You'll be shocked. But anyways, this is a conversation going around TNT. We cannot simply remove the cap completely, otherwise Neopia would be running rampant with these Wraith items and that would just be insanity. However, we also want to make sure everyone has enough to participate in everything! I will definitely release something on Monday/Tuesday to give you a further update on it but we will make sure everyone has enough to be able to participate in all aspects of the plot!

Siniri, I'm glad you finally found Fyora!

Also, if anyone is lurking on the neoboards at all, there's some quite amusing theories about how Fyora got lost...and how she could possibly look ill, etc. Highly amusing. (There's also some entertaining commentary about wraith drops, as well.)

...I still hope we get to fight a wraith version of Fyora, even though I know it's not likely at this point.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Fyora is now in the Infirmary. She requires concoction IV and V.

I am no longer going to be over donating now. The prices are insane and going by the editorial, the caps are staying.

It just doesn't make sense to have caps on items when you can donate passed the achievement requirements.
Even less sense, is TNT's reluctance to specify definitively if we are getting plot points for over donating.

All this 'cloak and dagger' stuff is ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:13 am 
PPT God
PPT God

New Battledome element? Some "fist punch"? Is this a feature or a glitch. I was in the middle of watching NFL playoffs and tried it. Are they trying to give younger pets more of a chance? Don't use it if you already have good weapons/stats. It's pretty weak.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next