Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AC IX
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:16 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

And it's good that it's a bye day because my friend is coming over and there's a library booksale, both of which are pursuits that are much more interesting than yooyuball. I shall return to contributing to my team tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Only got to play half the games I wanted to on Thurs (and made it to rank 5). Played none yesterday. Little P is sick, and I've had too much else to do. Real life always wins over AC...especially when you've got kids! I guess I'll see if there's any way I can catch up to being on track for All-Star...but it's already looking pretty grim. I figured this would probably happen, though, so I'm OK with not making it this year.

ETA: Maxed out on SOSD today with 2-goal games (I don't have the guts to send just 1-goal games, even though I know it's "safe"). 2-goal games are MUCH faster than 5-goal games! Shame I actually kinda care about how our team does, so I only send 5-goal scores on days we're actually playing.
I'm apparently now only 174 SOSD games behind where I should've been at the end of yesterday. Tally-ho rank 6.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:36 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I made it to rank 9 today (courtesy of Super Slushie Showdown Ball). In my best set tonight, I managed 8 YYB, 10 SS, and 141 SOSD in 35 minutes. Of course my GPG were hovering around 3, and they were all 1-goal SOSD (using Blue's tab-tab-space-tab-space-tab-tab-space-click method). I maxed SOSD, but only got in 30 YYB and ~46 SS total. All told, I played about 2 hours 15 minutes today, I think.

Some people have already made it to All Star. That's just insane.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'd be careful with the mutli-gaming.
This Week's Editorial wrote:
Hi, TNT! Would it be against site rules to play two games of Yooyuball simultaneously on the same account in two different browser tabs? Please remove my username. ~username removed
Uh, no. That sounds like it just promotes cheating and abuse. Please only play one game at a time.

I'm not risking it. They're specifically stating YYB, but...

About to get started for the day. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:02 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, no. Playing the same game in multiple browsers is different -- it's like playing the mirror game and the real game. Multitasking is totally a thing. And it's not against the rules. People leave their habi open all the time while browsing the site in another tab. People leave the WoMon open while doing other stuff. People play KQ and other games (Neoquest, card games, etc.) at the same time. I'm the boss of my own time, and if TNT's going to include dead time inside games, I'm going to maximize my time by doing something else during that dead time. Sometimes I screw up and lose a game of SS with too low a score. That's a risk I take. But that's the only way these games are even remotely enjoyable, and I'm not breaking any rules.

(Besides, I thought you could only have one instance of a game open at a time -- the other ones shouldn't send a score. At least that's what's happened when I accidentally opened two tabs of the same game without realizing it in the past -- until my score didn't send. So bypassing that would be cheating.)

Thank you for sharing the editorial info. It's a decision everyone has to make for themselves, but I can't play SS and just sit there waiting for things to happen without doing something else. A game of YYB takes close to 5 minutes on my computer (even skipping all the cut scenes and scoring 10 goals in a game). If I want to compete with people with faster systems, I need to utilize the delays caused by my system to be as efficient as possible. Anyone can multitask, so it's not like I have an advantage over anyone else.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:02 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Maybe it's the lawyerbot in me, but their editorial response said it's NOT against the rules. Re read the question and the response...

Breaking it down:
"Is it against the rules..."
"No"

Sent from my Fireball using Xparent Blue Tapatalk MegaSuperb Pro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LOL, Blue. I think they were more saying, no, you can't do that. But yeah. I'm not going to overlap AC games, just to be safe, but I know that there's never been an issue in the past with overlapping other things (as Siniri mentioned). Honestly, I'm kinda hoping next year (assuming they do another AC) they take some of the AC side games out, and put in newer games.

I just wanted to get the editorial quote out on thread for anyone who hadn't seen it.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:56 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I like Blue's interpretation!

The thing is, nearly every single All Star (and many non-All Stars) play Super Slushie, at the very least. There's just way too much dead time built into SS. And there's a big difference between playing the same game in multiple tabs vs. different games. Some people were like "Why didn't I think of this? I could max YYB in 1.5 hours! But then it'd hurt my GPG... so never mind."

I agree that changing up the side games would be cool. I think they should combine DD and the AC: have a single round robin, and each team hosts a day, with the side games coming from their land. The traditional AC side games could be saved for the playoffs at the end (which determine final rank in brackets of 4, with a bye day or two before the playoffs to break any ties that would stretch across brackets, to be fair). This would also make it harder for cheaters, since they would be scrambling to write cheat programs for different games every single day (TNT could change up the coding for the AC side games for the last few days, just to throw them off, since it'd only be 2-6 days of playing them, and it takes the cheaters 1-3 days to crack the games.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

At least we did better yesterday, yay!

I picked my Staff Tourny team:
SenorMalo
Blitzkrieg
El Picklesaur
Bancha Ninja
Snarkie

I would like to remind everyone that Lawerbot CANNOT be the same player as last year (because of the company change - Snarkie's Tumblr confirms this!) , and thus should probably be treated as an "unknown" (like Droplet and The Anvil)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:06 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
I would like to remind everyone that Lawerbot CANNOT be the same player as last year (because of the company change - Snarkie's Tumblr confirms this!) , and thus should probably be treated as an "unknown" (like Droplet and The Anvil)

Garrr. I had not considered this! Maybe I won't like the new Lawyerbot!

Hmm... What if "new" Lawyerbot is an older model that can't use a mouse? What if it is from the future and thinks that the mouse is an antiquated microphone?

Bah. I'll risk it. *sticks with Laywerbot*

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:46 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Is anyone else finding Altador's computerized team significantly harder to play against than any of the others so far?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:44 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I am not finding Altador hard, CW, but I did find KI hard. Weird that it should work like that, but honestly, I couldn't get more than 5 goals on both of those days. I average around 7 on the other games.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:22 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I have attained Rank 2!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:32 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Chivewarrior wrote:
I have attained Rank 2!
Awesome! Congrats!

I have played 13 games.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:03 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Congrats on rank 2, CW! I am currently rank 13.

I still need to make my staff tourney bets. I want to do it tonight, but I'm also trying to catch up on AC games because I lost a day and a half due to real life stuff. (I'm going to miss the end of the tournament due to traveling -- I won't even be able to collect my bank interest and make my Food Club bets because there's no WiFi -- only cell phone access, which is useless to me, so.... (unless I can borrow someone's Flash-capable 4G iPad for a week... which I don't think I know anyone who has one, much less who would be willing to lend it to me...).

ETA: Hit rank 15 yesterday; should get 16 and 17 today. My friend came over to hang out last night, and our conversation got really deep, and he left after midnight NST -- so I missed the staff tourney deadline. :( Just for the record, I'd have gone with Senor Malo, Blitzkrieg, El Picklesaur, Bancha Ninja, and Comastar. (Though I strongly considered dropping El Picklesaur for Droplet -- fast typing skills probably translate to good YYB playing, right?)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next