Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AC IX
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I remember ERVO from the RI boards last year. They're a French ASG, if I remember correctly. Small, but friendly. They'd always come onto the English Neoboards and score-dump their tally from the French boards.

If the ASGs are beating the ACGs, that's awesome! Sad that they have to unite to even have a chance against them... or maybe some of that is TNT's new anti-cheating measures actually working? I guess we'll find out when we start hearing about legit and not-legit freezings...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:20 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I can't imagine a circumstance in which I'd be willing to sit through 139 games of Slushie Slinger in the entire cup, let alone one day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:02 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks, Siniri! Wow, that'd mean that there's 3 ASGs on the same team. Pretty cool!

Chivewarrior wrote:
I can't imagine a circumstance in which I'd be willing to sit through 139 games of Slushie Slinger in the entire cup, let alone one day.

I think the max used to be 200 a day. I think. :o

I've actually done 400 SS games in one cup before (and done 250 in at least two others). Yep, that was back before having 2 kiddos.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:45 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks Blue, Pickles. :)

I always start out fast, but I get lazy as the month wears on. LOL.

I just hit Rank 4. Maxed out on SoSd and got 20 YYB wins in today.

I have switched over to using the mouse, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be (once I got use to the autoselect). I miss the SHIFT option but I am getting between 7-10 goals per game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:51 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Daze wrote:
I have switched over to using the mouse, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be (once I got use to the autoselect). I miss the SHIFT option but I am getting between 7-10 goals per game.
I have always used the mouse, and I know that the shift feature worked in years past to send everyone to their starting position. Did that change this year? I didn't notice if it did or did not during my outstandingly stellar run of THREE YYB games that I've played so far :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:13 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Unfortunately shift only works if you are using the keyboard and not the mouse.

I hate a cluttered goal as I find it hard sometimes to disguish my players from the other team. But now I just constantly left click so the autoselect chooses the closet player to the ball, it saves time trying to work that out for myself.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Autoselect using the keyboard is awful; it never seems to select the closest player, or worse, it switches back and forth so I can't move anyone closer. Often, if the other team gets the ball, I just have to switch to my goalie and hope I can block the shot. I wish there were a way to turn off autoselect and "tab" through the players using a certain letter (or just assign each character a letter -- let the user pick them, whatever makes sense for them).

I made rank 1 at lunch today. I've got a lot of catching up to do, but I hate the AC and am having trouble being motivated. Which I really should be, since my team is facing a tough opponent today.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:31 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm.. I could swear I use both keyboard and mouse. I'll need to pay attention next time I play!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:16 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I had a bad start yesterday - there was something in the air and both kiddos were acting unusually cranky all day long, so I didn't get a chance to play as much as I had hoped (short nap, and late bedtime, ugh).
I managed to max out on SOSD today, but with the max being so low, it's going to take a bit longer to catch up to where I'd need to be if I'm going to have a chance at making all-star this year. I think I'm going to try for it, even though I may not make it - as long as Little P and Baby P both align their naps (and take full ones!), I might be able to come close.

I wonder if we still get rank points on bye days? I might have to do some playing on those days.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:16 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like RI was swept by Kreludor :(

Congrats to Virtupets, Haunted Woods and Moltara for being #1 in their respective brackets after the first round.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

...and we've been swept in the second round too. *sigh* We just aren't having a good beginning.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Aww, poor Rooligans. Rumors are swirling around that the ACG that supposedly joined DC actually joined Moltara instead, but that's kind of unfair to Moltara without any evidence. If they did join DC, maybe they're having trouble getting around TNT's new measures -- people are saying it took the ACGs some time to pick up steam last year.

Pickles, you can earn rank points on bye days (according to people on the boards, anyway), so that's perfect for some 1-goal SOSD maxing. Have you thought about adding in some SS to your SOSD (you can get in a lot of SOSD games while SS is stacking up the slushies, and the minimum score is not too hard -- I start SS, play 5 games of SOSD, clean up in SS, play 4 games, etc.).

I'm going to leave town before the Cup is over, so I need to get myself in gear if I want to hit AS before I leave.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've thought about that, Siniri, but I'm too lazy to try and switch back and forth.

I kinda figure since we don't seem to have an ACG or ASG on our team, we're going to be lucky if we place decently at all.
Nonetheless, I went ahead and maxed out again today (though it's now past my bedtime) and I'm caught back up...for now. Tomorrow will be a whole different story...

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Blue wrote:
Hmm.. I could swear I use both keyboard and mouse. I'll need to pay attention next time I play!

I tested it tonight (first chance to play). Using the mouse to control the "active player", I can use the left shift key to send all non-active players back to their home position. Works great and helps with defense.

(if it matters, I use the space bar to start the game and each kickoff after a goal)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I made rank 3 last night. 8)

So I timed myself because people always say YYB is less than 3 minutes if you skip the cut scenes, making it quick to rank up. In 15 minutes, I still had nearly 2 minutes on the clock in my fourth game of YYB -- even though I was skipping everything I could as soon as I could. So for me, it takes much closer to 5 minutes per YYB. I can play 5 SS in the same amount of time -- and during each SS game, 9-10 SOSD games, which means that I'm getting about 6.5 YYB-equivalents in (I can also play a game of SOSD while waiting for the ball to load after skipping the cut scenes, or when I have a Darigan YYB, so it's probably also closer to 6 YYB-equivalents in that same amount of time, but I think the SS-SOSD combo is better for me). (All SOSD games are 5-goal games because it helps the team more.) I've given up on MSN this year; it lags too much on my new laptop, and it's so stressful on the hands.

I really don't understand the ranking system. Virtupets has had higher points each day compared to Moltara, and yet Moltara is suddenly in the lead? I'm thinking that the ACG that was supposed to go to DC went to Moltara instead. I guess when Virtupets and Moltara play each other, the rankings will show who's stronger -- but if the super-ASG can't take on the cheaters, TNT is going to have to do something drastic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next