Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: AC IX
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Pickles wrote:
ETA 5/9: Neopets News yesterday indicated that ACX was coming soon. Please remember to redeem your prize points if you haven't already!

Prize shop
Staff Prize Shop

...I've got 16k prize points in the regular shop, and 20k+ in the Staff shop. I need to figure out how I'm going to spend those, and fast.

Oh wow! Thanks, Pickles. I have a measly 406 points in the main shop, but 20,288 for the Staff Shop. I'd better get shopping!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:29 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

For the other procrastinators...

AC 2014 staff Prizes
Item PP NP NP:PP ratio notes
leftovers 1 5 5.000 food
tostada 25 10 0.400 food
construction 250 20 0.080 toy
nesting dolls 1000 900 0.900 toy
zafara plushie 2000 9000 4.500 wearable
plushie collection 3000 29000 9.667 wearable
How to Archive Mail 5000 9000 1.800 book
flaming toaster 7000 18000 2.571 weapon
tired eyes 9000 44000 4.889 wearable
bottomless coffee 10000 52000 5.200 wearable

Sorry, too tired to prettify it. (I won't be offended at all if Blue/another mod does it for me... or you can just copy it into Excel, separating by spaces to get it in a nicer format.... that's where it came from.)

AC prizes coming later...

Been spending too much time on the Neoboards; as I clicked "submit" I had a moment of freakout: "Oh, no, I didn't copy it, and "coming" is going to set off the filters, so now I'll have to type it all over again..." The horrible filters have made me search for "naughty" words within words (words like "rape," "kill," "anal," "weed" which are in things like "grape," "skill," "Anala"/"analyze," "seaweed" -- and a couple that might not get past the filter here, but are in words you might use to describe how much snow you've gotten, or a cellar...).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Heh, I just did a rough glance at the top things, and just bought what I could yesterday afternoon. Ah well. I probably could've done better if I'd done a more thorough analysis. I was just too tired and in too much of a hurry to do it while I actually had a few minutes of spare time. Thanks for the analysis, though, Siniri! Looks like I at least picked a couple of the better ratios!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:27 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yeah, I nearly bought the book, but I only have 7k points, so I'll be getting a wearable instead and paying NP for the book... will do the real shop later; I have a ton of points to spend there!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:42 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

5/13 - It would appear that the main shop is now closed. Staff shop is open

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, I rushed to spend all my staff points. I have faith TNT will restore the prize shop. Otherwise this will be the third year TNT has closed a prize shop with no notice and cost me the better of my two sets of AC points... I had SO MANY points! But I know that there will be a huge uproar, so they HAVE to restore it. They have ALWAYS told us before closing the shop, and they've had a "whoops" before...

I obviously submitted a ticket.

If JS is dumb enough not to restore it, I will quit. And so will a lot of others. It would almost be a relief, at this point.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Eesh. They even edited out the section that was in the news put up last night reminding people to go claim things. Uuuugh.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

My ticket is currently labeled a "work in progress." I guess temporarily editing the news until they can restore the shop makes sense... but better would have been an edit: "Hey, the shop is temporarily down, but we expect to have it back up by X, and you'll have until Y to claim those prizes!"

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Based on some of the neoboards, people are reporting their tickets are being closed with responses that it will not be reopened. Didn't this happen with the main shop last year?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:35 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

They did that with the staff shop two years in a row. The second time, they announced only the main shop closing date, and I assumed it applied to staff as well. When I submitted a ticket, I got a very rude response. IIRC, last year they accidentally closed one or both early, then reopened it/them with an apology and extended the date. Last year they finally got it right.

I've heard that they announced on JS FB that they won't reopen it. Which contradicts the post on the news that they erased. They don't even know how many people they will lose over this. I'm serious. I will bounce. If they can't even understand basic Neopian culture and norms, they just... If they don't back down and fix this, they will never fix anything. So I might as well cut my losses. Still hopeful they'll do the right thing here, but if they don't, I at least had a good 10-ish years on Neopets and made some good friends.

ETA: They finally got around to my ticket. I heard today that they said they'd deleted the prize ship data; I updated my ticket and suggested that they give everyone their points back (since they're still on our trophies); it's not a perfect solution, but I'd rather give some double points than some no points, especially since I think most would be honest. When I updated my ticket with this idea, I was frank and said that I was considering leaving. I cited the ongoing issues with the site, all the missing/broken puzzle/creative/interactive content. I said that I'd been patient trying to wait through the transition fixes, but this was taking my last bit of hope that Neopets would be restored since it's such a blatant disrespect to tradition/culture. I mentioned that many of my friends have been on the edge, too, lately, and that many will be returning for the AC, and they'll be shocked by the prize shop's closing with no announcement and all the missing/broken content -- and that if they don't have something major for them, they're going to lose them permanently, along with the half of the daily user base they've already lost. This is the response I got:

Quote:
Thank you for writing in.
Unfortunately tis true, the AC prize shop for last year's event is now gone.
We apologize for any confusion and will certainly take your feedback into consideration for future events.
We thank you for participating and hope you'll join again this year to earn new points!

The only thing that's kept me going is my friendships and Food Club. And Food Club just isn't worth it. I've been thinking about leaving for a while; I've had less free time, and there are other things I'd rather be doing. I'll still pop into PPT, but I'm going to self-freeze my Neopets account.

But I've got a lot of good stuff in there, so I'm going to take my time and give it away. The bulk of my NP, etc., I'm going to donate to TDN's avatar lending program. I'll be donating some things to my guildmates. But my PPT friends, as my nearest and dearest, are getting first dibs on basically everything. I'll make a separate post on what's available where, but basically my pets, battle set, clothes, gallery items, SDB, etc. are all up for grabs.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 3:41 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

OH Siniri, that is just so ridiculous of TNT/JS to shut the shop within a few days of announcing it, then backtracking in the news. It is now just another nail in the coffin for Neopets.com.

I had come here to see if we were going to bandwagon a team for the AC, but now to hear of your decision has made me less enthusiastic to even want to play.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh. I was really, really hoping they'd change their stance on this. I'm lucky I spent my points already.

If I participate much at all this year (not likely, as I'll be in the middle of moving cross country), I'll be joining RI, as usual. However...I'm probably just going to make it to the first trophy...and quit there, just because it irks me that they've handled this so badly.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:52 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Honestly, I stopped doing much in the AC a few years ago. It simply took me too long to play. Time I don't have so much of anymore. Losing a whopping 406 points isn't really going to bother me much. I am irked at how poorly TNT/JS handled the shop this year. Frankly, I had more fun in the staff tourney. At least I did manage to spend my 20k points in that shop.

I really hope that you can hang in there, Siniri. I really don't have much, if any, time to dedicate to Neopets anywhere as much as I did even 2 or 3 years ago, but there is still fun to be had. Most days, I zip through my dailies, but other days, it is a good stress reliever to dive a little deeper and play some games. Whack a Kass is still my favorite. The events are usually fun - especially the mini events. I found that you can pretty easily exist on bank interest (with a bank balance somewhere between 3M and 5M) and the payouts for dailies. Finding and acquiring a brand new item for your gallery (and have the very first one in the wild is a special thrill, too). Anyway, maybe before you ditch it all, you could consider just giving up food club, play only for the participant trophy in the AC (as a completionist, I am sure you want that trophy), and so on. You may find, like I do, it is still a decent stress reliever. God knows I need a few outlets. Especially lately.

ETA: I also rarely train. Saves on the need to buy codestones. I just do what I can in the battledome at the level my pet can fight. So far that strategy has only hurt me once in one plot. However, I would imagine that your current battle pet could sustain without any further training.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:16 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I'll play as I can, but I'm now a grown-up with a master's degree who is hunting for a Real Job, so that's probably going to impact it, and it's not like I ever did well enough to get top-tier prizes before. Usually I just get whatever books I can to read them to Melisandale.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9