Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spooky Food Eating Contest - Plot
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:04 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Found this while browsing the Neoboards: Door Solutions
That may help to some extent to avoid being cursed. :) (Though it's still some luck, as you don't know if it's the good guys or the bad guys on the other side of the door usually).

Seems like wait times are (end of each level):
Level 1: 5-ish minutes
Level 2: 1+ hours
Level 3: 6-7+ hours
Level 4: 13+ hours
Level 5: 17+ hours (unconfirmed - one person on the boards claims to have gotten here already, but no clue if that's correct or not) *or only 8 1/2? - like I had, but no fatigue curse at all on Level 4.

ETA: Got to level 4 and by some miracle, was not cursed with Fatigue, so went straight to level 5 (I had 12 items and still half the floor to check out, but I had the exit and did not want to get hit with the curse, so I just left.) Got hit with the fatigue curse on level 5, and now have about 8 1/2 hours before I can go again. Since that's at like...2 in the morning my time, I'll be catching it when I wake up (assuming I get up before Little P does or before Mr. P leaves for work).

I have also confirmed that the curses do carry over - I still have a curse of foresight that I didn't use on Level 3 or 4 or 5 that is still hanging around.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:27 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hmm, I am sorry you had a few problems with my list Siniri. It worked for me 100%.

Silence does seem to be random, so there really is no way to combat that (unless you have the Curse of Foresight).

Curses do affect certain choices (the list of curses wasn't completely full when I posted before):

Curse of Clobbering - Causes attempts at knocking on doors to fail.
Curse of Feebleness - Prevents the 'stomp' action from working at doors.
Curse of Sarcasm - Prevents Mediation options from working at the next door.

The curses (except for Fatigue) have a door countdown (so it may take 3 doors until the curse is lifted), which means the next three attempts can fail.

So if you find a door that needs one of those actions early in the game, you can try and use a different door first (if you have more to choose at that stage). If not, then unfortunately your choice will be wrong and you will end up with another curse.

There are also still three curses that have not been identified yet (Clumsiness, Lethargy, Mystery) so they also could be the problem with option selection.

* I finished Room 4 and got a 16 ½ hour wait, so I will be ready to resume the monster hunt just after midnight NST.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:53 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Thanks for the clarification, Daze. I'm sure the fact that I'd been cursed made me get cursed more on level 1. I'll be able to do level 4 just after midnight my time. I got 22 items on level 3, and I think with your hints I'll do as well or even better on level 4.

Blue, I hope all these hints will help you avoid getting cursed and help you have the shortest wait times possible (if any).

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:13 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
It's been a crappy day overall. Finally getting to this. Thanks all for your support :)
I'm using the door guide (above) with decent success. only a few curses so far.

This was nice:
Quote:
As you kick the door in with classic Monster Hunter style, you notice a circle of cultists in the middle of the room. They appear to be having a tea party in total silence. Well, to each their own. Oh, wait. They're pointing out the Do Not Disturb sign. You try to apologise, but they angrily hush you and... yup, you're being cursed.

You are cursed with Curse of Fatigue!

But your Curse of Apathy blocks the curse from taking effect!

Oh well. It was a great door kicking, anyway. Corbin is pretty impressed with your technique.

ETA: Made it out of level 1. But... must wait for level 2:
Quote:
"You're suffering from some pretty serious curses. Wait a bit before you come down."

ok.. the ... changed to "~5+ minutes"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:45 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Room 7 and 8 seemed really easy - no big timeouts, but I had to wait 1½ hours to do Room 10 and and a 6 hours 15 minutes wait for Room 11, and now have to wait 15 hours for Room 12.

These times seem about standard for most people. Some are lucky to find the Curse of Cleansing which allows them to move forward.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Made it through level 10 before a long wait (a little over an hour) and then after level 11 I'm currently on a 7+ hour wait (should be able to do level 12 before after dinnertime at some point). It looks like the waits reset at midnight NST are short for a while, get longer, and then reset again? And/or possibly get "shorter" to where you're stuck waiting until the next day (hence why my last wait last night was 8 hours, Mr. P's was 6, but both ended after midnight NST). Just a guess.

JN has updated their guide with all the solutions. It's still hit or miss unless you have foresight, but at least you can see which solutions are more likely.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:38 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh, I was 2/3 of the way through level 10 this morning but had to leave for work, and when I came home and logged back on, I'm now back at the beginning of the level. *kicks stupid gone-for-14.5-hours day*

ETA: Ugh. And now I have to wait until tomorrow (6.5 hours) to move on to level 11. I'm so behind. Stupid curse of fatigue hit me way worse now than it did this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Managed somehow to get through level 12 without hitting a curse (and had enough items to pick up 3 before I left the level). Got cursed immediately on Level 13 for nearly 6 hours. Guess I'm waiting until tomorrow morning for level 14. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
*kicks stupid gone-for-14.5-hours day*

*sigh* yeah. What you said.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:50 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
ETA: Ugh. And now I have to wait until tomorrow (6.5 hours) to move on to level 11. I'm so behind. Stupid curse of fatigue hit me way worse now than it did this morning.

You aren't really behind, I am waiting to get to level 12.

*Someone posted that they are seeing the monster on level 17 and 18.

ETA: Seems there are more than 20 floors.

ETA2: Saw the monster in a popup at the end of level 16. I tried to sceenie it, but it disappeared too quick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm sitting on a curse of cleansing; I'm nearly done with a 1.3 hour wait to get to level 19, so I thought I'd save it for a bigger wait. No sighting of the monster yet for me.

I suppose I should consider finding the exit quickly and leaving before screening the whole room, if I've found at least 3 decent prizes (i.e., books), to minimize my chances of getting fatigued.

So far, these are the prizes I've selected:
Acko
An Acara Named Whirr
An Ogrins Wild Life
Arr Through Yarr - A Pirates Dictionary
Arr Through Yarr - A Pirates Dictionary
Babaas Baba
Bikiwan
Caprior
Clash of Moehogs
Collectable Cards
Collectable Cards
Dark Eyes the Aisha
Defenders Stand for Justice
Dofrey
Encyclopedia Neopia
Encyclopedia Neopia
Faerieland Justice Stamp
Faerieland Justice Stamp
Ghostkerchief
Glurp
Glyme Collectable Charm
Glyme Collectable Charm
Horned Collectable Scarab
Illusens Twigs
Learning To Sing Notes
Learning To Sing Notes
Malkus Vile Book
Mazzew Grooming
Moink
Mr X
My Life As A Sponge
Neopian Chandeliers
Neopian Chandeliers
Old Cobwebs Foreground
plushie adventures
Purple Vaeolus
Schnelly Collectable Charm
serious sadness
seti
skeith tails
Snot My Fault
Speckled Collectable Scarab
Sporkle Syrup
Spotted Red Collectable Scarab
striped elephante pop-up book
The Grand Usul Adventure
The Hidden Temple
Wrought Iron Bed
Xweetok Ice Breakers
Yurble Adventures
Zombie Farnswap

Are there any really great prizes (like paintbrushes or anything) that I should be keeping an eye out for? Or is the best bet usually books (and album items)?

Oh, and here's a Google Doc that is trying to compile the info from all sites along with calculating percentage success for certain solutions. They had a few new (to me) doors that weren't on Camia's petpage yet.

ETA: I just clicked on my curse of Cleansing and accidentally cleansed it instead of the Curse of Fatigue. Going to just pretend I never got it and wait 7+ hours. SFASFASFASFDAFSSc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:22 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm still at level 4. I've decided to just try and shoot for the exit as fast as possible because I only get to keep 3 (or 2) items anyway.

Sent from my Fireball using Tapatalk Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Arrgh! That stinks Siniri. Luckily for me I hadn't found a cleansing curse until just now, so I had enough time to find out how to use the thing.

Going against what you would think, you need to click the curse you want to get rid of, and not the actually cleansing curse.

I used my cleansing curse on a 14 hour wait on 22, but got a 13 hour wait to go to room 23. So I am out for the night. Time will be up by 1am NST. Which is around the same time for all my 'overnight' waits.

I have been using JN's guide on doors. There still is some guess work with silence and whispering but overall the guide really helps. I will also check out your doc as well Siniri.

Hang in there Blue. Sometimes you can get a run of 3 or 4 rooms without the fatigue curse and the timers definitely reset at midnight. This means that the first 3 rooms you do with have very small fatigue times. Then they build up again.

Edited - JN not PPT.

Last edited by Daze on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I breezed through a LOT of levels (14-22) with short curse times today (or no curses, thanks to luck with guesswork and JN's guide)....and then got hit with one that's almost 8 hours long. I should be able to do level 23 later today, and then will probably get stuck with another long wait overnight. Tally-ho.

Daze, where is PPT's guide? I can't find it anywhere.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Daze, where is PPT's guide? I can't find it anywhere.

Arrgghh! So sorry Pickles. That was a typo. I meant JN's guide.

After re-reading that post, I am surprised I only had 1 typo, as it was about 4 am my time. :oops:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next