Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spooky Food Eating Contest - Plot
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:51 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Daze wrote:
Arrgghh! So sorry Pickles. That was a typo. I meant JN's guide.

After re-reading that post, I am surprised I only had 1 typo, as it was about 4 am my time. :oops:

LOL, s'okay. I figured that's what you meant, but since you'd mentioned it twice, I actually went looking, heh.

I'm a bit surprised I haven't had any funktastic typos (while it's not 4am, I'm exhausted)...but instead, I managed to exit level 23...without using the curse of cleansing that I picked up by chance right after getting fatigue. *headdesk* I guess I've got it saved for tomorrow...since I won't be doing another level today.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:40 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have to leave for work before my last curse of the day wears off. Guess I'll get very few levels done tomorrow (especially since I'll be exhausted by the time I get home). *sigh*

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:12 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

This door image was found by someone looking through the coding:

I haven't seen this door yet, but apparently it is a 'riddle door'. You get a question with a selection of 3 answers. :)

**The fatigue curse seems to be given out really small times again.

I have finished 10 rooms in 30 minutes. On level 32 the highest wait time I have had is 15 minutes.

ETA: Got my first riddle door:
Intriguingly, this door has a face on it. You're pretty sure that's not normal. Then again, you are wandering around in an evil lair, so maybe talking doors are regulation here.

Like an ancient prophet, the door intones, "They punished pride and claimed the Obelisk's first light, with methods cloaked in the shadows of night."

Sway
Thieves Guild
Awakened

ETA2: More riddles:
Intriguingly, this door has a face on it. You're pretty sure that's not normal. Then again, you are wandering around in an evil lair, so maybe talking doors are regulation here.

Rattling its hinges, the door barks, "Rattle bones, flutter sheets, sink fangs, hand out treats."

Wraith
Stealth
Halloween

In a surprisingly civil tone, the door recites a riddle. "A tongue that wags without lips or teeth, amusing the trees it wanders beneath."

Tentacle
Slorg
Dribblet

1 hour wait for Room 34.
6½ hours for Room 35.
Got a Curse of Cleansing and used it to get to 36.
14½ hours for Room 37.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Got all the way to Level 34 before hitting an hour wait, now on a almost 7 hour wait before hitting level 36. I've still got my curse of Cleansing from yesterday stored up.

I figure, I wait the 7 hours, get through level 36, use the cleansing, then I can do 37 before I have to do the overnight wait. That was going to be my strategy yesterday too, but...apparently my tired brain had other ideas. ;)

I'm actually starting to pick up things besides books, if only because I've got 4-5 copies of a lot of them now and don't really need more than that for my pets, so I've gotten some of the collectibles and at least one gourmet item. Not sure what I'll aim for next.

This has actually been working out pretty well. I do the crazy number of levels right after little P goes to sleep, then have the hour wait, do it still during his nap, and the 6-7 hour wait puts it right after he goes to bed. Convenient, that.

ETA: Got through level 36 (but had to use cleansing), and of course got hit by fatigue early in 37. Done for today.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've got 1:20:00 before I can tackle floor 33. I have one curse of foresight saved. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to skate through 33 without fatiguing (though I doubt it!).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:25 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Ok... stupid question: Do I need to leave the window open for the curses to count down? I stopped last night in the middle of level 7 with Curse of Snow (2) and Curse of Narcolepsy (3). After 24+ hours, I finally have a chance to try and get through a level, and ... still Curse of Snow (2) and and Curse of Narcolepsy (3)!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:25 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

No Blue. You can shut down the window. But the only curse that counts down in clock time is Curse of Fatigue.

All the others are the amount of doors to open before they go. So in 3 doors you will get rid of Snow and Narc. :)

The Curse of Fatigue has been very kind to me, I have whizzed through another 13 rooms and am up to 50 with a 1 hour wait for 51. I have a Curse of Cleansing and a Curse of Foresight that I haven't used yet. :)

ETA: Had a 7 hour wait for 52 but cleansed it, now have a 17 hour wait for room 53. That is my longest fatigue curse yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:39 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Daze wrote:
No Blue. You can shut down the window. But the only curse that counts down in clock time is Curse of Fatigue.

All the others are the amount of doors to open before they go. So in 3 doors you will get rid of Snow and Narc. :)
Thanks Daze. Unfortunately, clicking on a closed door doesn't do anything :(

ETA: I changed browsers and I'm back in business :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:36 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

On a 6:45:00 wait to get to floor 49. I have a curse of foresight and a curse of cleansing saved, so I should be able to get to at least 50 tonight.

I'm still mostly buying books (and album items when I get them), but I've had some bad luck on some levels, so I've had to buy a few other things. I've only had to buy food once, and I just chose a food that fits my gallery theme. There are some books that I might stop buying soon because I have 4-5 copies of them already, but only if I have something else to choose that's worth more. I know the rare food will eventually go back up in price, but when it's going for 10 NP in the SW right now... might as well stock up on it there!

ETA: Stuck on an 11-hour wait time for floor 51. I have an alarm set, but I'll probably turn it off and go back to sleep. Sure, it's a time I've been getting up all week, but I'm not sure I want to be up that early on a Sunday just for Neopets, especially since I'll probably get to do multiple levels, which will take a while. (I had incredibly bad luck. After entering all the rooms I could answer with 100% certainty and using up my Apathy curse on a door I had a 4/5 chance of guessing correctly, I used my Fortitude curse on a "Silence" door leading to a treasure room -- which means any guess would have been correct. The next door was also a silence, and I had a 4/7 chance of being correct, but was wrong. After getting fatigued, I of course picked up another Fortitude curse at the next door. Saving it for tomorrow.)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:16 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hmmm...Just as well I check my catacombs. Either I miscalculated badly or my fatigue curse is counting down in double time. I have 4 minutes left. o_O

5 hour wait for floor 54.

ETA: Checking the times I posted on PPT, I indeed miscalculated when I was due to go back in. When I saw 17 hours, I quickly surmised that it would take me past 12.00NST.

My 5 hour wait, will now take me to around 1.40 am NST.

ETA: Just blitzed through 16 floors and now have a 2 hour wait for floor 71.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:54 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I've got a 5 minute wait for level 67, with Curses of Cleansing and Fortitude on deck. I'll hopefully be able to get another 2-3 levels done before I have to leave for church, and then maybe 1-2 more when I get home.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Got to level 53 yesterday by the end of the day. I've started tracking the books I still need, which isn't many (6 books I still need - 1 of 2 of 'em, 2 of 2 of 'em, and 4 of 2 of 'em). I'm kinda randomly picking other items now, as I've added all the collectibles to my albums and what not.

Got to level 69 before hitting a 10 minute break (13 levels, sheesh). Got Fatigue'd on 70 with an hour and a half wait to get to 71.

...is this ever going to end? Also, why is it we seem to be able to do more levels every day? (which is getting soooo much longer...)

ETA: 6 1/2 hour wait until level 72. Might be able to do it tonight, if I don't crash out early tonight. Guess we'll see.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:20 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Just starting level 74. I had some decent luck not getting any curses, or getting non-fatigues. I finally had to use my cleansing on 72, and I was able to use my foresight on 73 and find my way to the exit by choosing guaranteed doors and more-likely-than-not chance doors. We'll see how long this lucky streak lasts. I like the riddle doors, and I seem to be getting a lot more of them lately.

ETA: *sigh* spoke too soon. First door on 74 was the loud chanting. 75% chance that humming was correct... but it failed. Maybe I'll get a curse of cleansing in the room; I guess it can't hurt to try to get one, as long as I can have any other curses I pick up wear off before I change rooms (which means saving guaranteed doors for the end).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Wonder how Blue is doing?

It seems we are all around the same levels. It does look like we get about 10 - 12 levels before getting hit with the bigger wait times.

Due to this, I rarely use a guide anymore, I know the 'whisper' option is random, so I pick 1 option per floor and it usually works. LOL.

Time to get back into it....starting at 74.

ETA: Whizzed through 20 floors tonight.

Got a 1 hour wait, then a 7 hour wait (but used my CoC), then the big 16 hour wait to get to Floor 95.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:20 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Daze wrote:
Wonder how Blue is doing?

Sadly, he hasn't been. Between work, broken car, and life in general, Neopets is very much back burner. I'm on Floor 15. The only good thing about being so far behind is I haven't seen any wait times between levels since level 1 or 2.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next