Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: AC VIII
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:39 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I'm so proud of RI. Altador put up some monster numbers, their best all season, and we still beat them in SoSd. I was right about YYB -- I think we could have taken them in SS had we abandoned YYB and focused on the sides. But yay for RI's best performance all season! Double digits in SoSd!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
I'm so proud of RI. Altador put up some monster numbers, their best all season, and we still beat them in SoSd. I was right about YYB -- I think we could have taken them in SS had we abandoned YYB and focused on the sides. But yay for RI's best performance all season! Double digits in SoSd!
Here, here!! We may still be a "lesser" team than them - but at least we got a win, and we don't have two known cheating groups on our team. Makes me wonder how we would've done if Altador didn't have the extra "help." JN mentioned that we pulled off the SOSD win without sacrificing our other scores - which I guess is pretty awesome, at any rate.
I was actually able to max out on SOSD as well - I'm glad to see our efforts did actually get us somewhere!

In other news, Siniri, you're ahead of the scores needed to get to all star now. :) You only need to be at 8320 SOSD equivalents at the end of yesterday.

Daze wrote:
Mr. Insane - 155* Do I change or keep and see if he will redeem himself - that is the question. :)
I'm torn on this, too, Daze. He's usually such a strong player, I'm still really surprised at his low score.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Mr. Insane had a slow start last year, too, so he might come back. I switched to Maggie because she seems strong, too, though.

Pickles, at the end of each day, I've been calculating the number of wins I need per day (excluding byes) to get to AS -- it dropped from 646 to 515 yesterday! I won't be slacking today, though -- BV is scary, the way they seem to pick their opponents' 1-2 weakest games and go all-in on those games. I tried spying on their Neoboards to see what they're focusing on against us, but they were silent on the topic. My goal is still ~800 SoSd equivalents for the day; I just wish I knew which games to focus on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:57 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Siniri wrote:
Mr. Insane had a slow start last year, too, so he might come back. I switched to Maggie because she seems strong, too, though.

Pickles, at the end of each day, I've been calculating the number of wins I need per day (excluding byes) to get to AS -- it dropped from 646 to 515 yesterday! I won't be slacking today, though -- BV is scary, the way they seem to pick their opponents' 1-2 weakest games and go all-in on those games. I tried spying on their Neoboards to see what they're focusing on against us, but they were silent on the topic. My goal is still ~800 SoSd equivalents for the day; I just wish I knew which games to focus on.

We're the studious bunch. And clever, too :P

Go Brightvale!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:38 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, I played nothing yesterday. I remember TNT saying way back in an editorial that non-players don't hurt a team, but barely-players do, and it was already bedtime by the time I got all my stuff done that I needed to. I'm glad we got the sweep without my help (sorry, Blue -- I was originally Team BV in my very first AC, until I read the team description and read that they have a propensity for cheating -- ironic given the rampant cheating going on in the current AC, especially since BV is not one of the guilty teams -- or if they are, they're not very smart about it).

Apparently TM's recent success can be attributed to cheaters, and TNT has started cracking down on them (hence their lower scores yesterday). The TM ones must be more blatant than the N******x ones, since Tyrannia's scores are still insane (14!?!). And of course it's hard to tell how much of Altador's scores are from their large ASG vs. their small cheating groups. I wonder if TNT's "punishing" TM and Tyrannia in the rankings because of the cheating, and that's why Meridell and Altador are ranked ahead of them, respectively? I don't think that's a fair way to do it, personally -- if you're going to include the cheating scores in the team victory each day, that's got to reflect in the bracket, too. If you can't tell what's a cheating score to discard it, then you can't just punish the whole team by assuming "well, they wouldn't be this high, let's stick 'em there" -- it's too arbitrary.

The bracket rankings aren't budging with the results (and RI should be ahead of KI in the overall rankings, too -- we've done better overall than they have). Our next bracket will be AL, TY, Meridell, KI, and KL (the only teams we haven't played yet, plus our partner). We'll be ranked 5th at the start -- and at the end, unless TNT fixes the brokenness. *sigh* Well, we just need to keep winning, and hopefully TNT can fix the broken standings before the end. Someone has to be looking at the current brackets and noticing "this ain't right."

Today: Kreludor is tough. We need to push hard in SS and MSN, but not slack in YYB or SoSd, either. We can beat 'em as long as we take them seriously.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Okay, so I took the weekend off. I needed it - too much else going on. I might play some today, as I know I probably won't be able to do much on Saturday again, either (and I'm assuming Sunday will be the 4th and final Bye day).

But seriously, what's with Meridell being in 1st for it's bracket? It had mostly losses - and TM had mostly wins, and generally higher scores at that? I hope TNT fixes it, Meridell definitely doesn't deserve the points for first place this time around!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:31 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I actually took both days off this weekend, too, so I'm going to play some today to make up for it. Not a full 800-worth, but at least half that.

The Minitheus bracket finally budged today, and the results are still pending, so TNT might be trying to work out the bugs still. I wish they'd go back and fix round 2, too -- both KI and Meridell could have ranked lower based on sheer results (not factoring in strength of victory except as a tie-breaker).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

This morning, I finally achieved my personal goal of earning "Rank 1" :) Today is a bye for BV, so I did it with SoSD ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Siniri wrote:
The Minitheus bracket finally budged today, and the results are still pending, so TNT might be trying to work out the bugs still.

I hope so!
Blue wrote:
This morning, I finally achieved my personal goal of earning "Rank 1" :) Today is a bye for BV, so I did it with SoSD ;)
Congrats, Blue! Did it give you the avvie?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:45 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Pickles wrote:
Blue wrote:
Congrats, Blue! Did it give you the avvie?

I didn't notice any announcement. Is there a new avvie this year? IIRC, I earned an Altador Cup avvie several years ago.

Sent from my Fireball using Tapatalk 4 Beta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Blue wrote:
I didn't notice any announcement. Is there a new avvie this year? IIRC, I earned an Altador Cup avvie several years ago.
Nah, not that I know of. For some reason I thought you didn't have the avvie.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Is it one of these?
ImageImage
And this one's related:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Phew, TNT at least ranked us above KI and Meridell in the bracket (deservedly so). Let's hope TM and/or Maraqua move up in their bracket this round (if that's even possible...); DC does not deserve 3rd. I'm hoping that in the next bracket, Altador and Tyrannia will be in the same bracket, and RI will be the top team in a different bracket (paired with someone else who might deserve 3rd place, along with anyone ranked above/at the same place as us who doesn't). TNT didn't fix the bracket scores from yesterday, and MQ and TM are screwed again, unless TNT lets current bracket rankings float.

KI today. We can take them in YYB and SoSd if we do our absolute best, and we've even got a shot at SS and MSN, too (we're about the same in both, with bests of 7).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

@Blue - I don't even know which is which, to be honest.

I guess we'll see what happens. I still don't think this "pairing" system was fair all around - while most obviously unfair to RI and KI, it's still unfair to other teams, too, like KL (being paired with Meridell). I'm not sure why TNT decided to do the brackets that way. I do hope that we still have a shot at 3rd place at the very least.

I maxed out on SOSD today by some luck in timing of things, so hopefully we'll do well against KI. Will be interesting to see results tomorrow.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:26 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Get yourselves down to the Quidditch pitch, because we've got the latest brooms to show you: the Clean Sweep 2013! I stayed up playing until midnight NST, nearly got 2 full ranks (I'm 39 SoSd from 17 -- and Pickles, I made sure to send a lot of "good" scores instead of just single-goal SoSd's). I think we've proven we deserve that 3rd spot on the podium.

We can't relax, though, because Tyrannia is up next. I don't know what we're going to focus on; the boards are debating between YYB and SoSd. I think we need to bluff on the boards and focus on something else, so Tyrannia will slack in that other thing, to have the chance to take even one game. I'd love to be the team to break them, but knowing they have a bunch of cheaters? I'm not sure I see the point -- they'll just load up their cheats in whatever we pick. The rest of the bracket is tough, too.

TM's gotten royally screwed by the brackets not budging despite results, as have a few other teams.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next