Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tyrannian Plot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:57 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

The Second Assault has started.

A lot of the newbie battlers are complaining the difficulty went up too much.
A lof of the veteran battlers are complaining the difficulty didn't go up enough.

Meh! I just see this as an event that wont come around again, so I don't really care either way. LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:57 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ugh, lag! I couldn't even get my black worm, because each of the two pages to get there took so long to load! Expellibox gives me the "Neopets is down for maintenance" page.

Daze, I agree about the complainers. We're barely into the second wave, so it's far too early to say it's too easy or too hard. Regarding the auto-healing, we've known that TNT has been pretty aggressive about fighting event-related inflation lately. I figured they'd do something to keep healing potions from escalating too much. People who drastically overpaid for a LEV could have chosen to stock up on healing potions instead, or a more inexpensive healer. Or bought soon after the battledome changed (at already partially inflated prices), before the war was even announced, in anticipation of what might happen, like I did. I don't regret my BoHD -- it'll be useful against the hardest baddies even if I do full-heal after each win, because it'll help ensure I do win. TNT has never told us in advance exactly how an event would work; we've always had to guess and prepare however we thought best. It's a bit silly to complain about that now. (Also, regarding not increasing opponent HP -- at least TNT has addressed it. Even if it's not in place for this war, they've promised they're looking into it. People have the right to rage-quit over it if they want, but to me, it seems a bit silly.)

Professor Lambert's new quotes (I'll be editing them in as I see them):
  • This looks to be the main component of their various armies. Hold fast, and let the wisdom of the Seekers guide you in battle.

Battle Taunts:
  • Charming Subversive: Did you say you would like to fight me? ... You were quite lucky this time...
  • Zombie Hooligan: GRRRRRRRR ... GRAR GRRRRR GROAN.
  • Back Alley Bruiser: You, Me FIGHT! ... You beat me!!
  • Roadside Bandit: Oh, you want to fight me? ... You will not have so much luck next time...
  • Hedgewitch (love the name, btw): You think to fight me?!? ... Bah, you were just lucky!
  • Smug Philosopher: ? ... ? (don't get to fight him!)

ETA: I've managed to collect exactly 1 worm. Even when I click on others within the 5 minutes, I'm getting a message saying nothing's there. So aggravating.

And yay, I just got another light faerie bottle! One more to get lens flare (because I already got Shhh)!

Ugh, and the log is dropping wins. I just beat the Back Alley Bruiser a second time (I know because I went to add in his taunts above and they were already there), but no win update. It's already taking long enough with the lag, TNT!

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

Last edited by Siniri on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I agree with everything you said Siniri.

Quote:
TNT has never told us in advance exactly how an event would work; we've always had to guess and prepare however we thought best.

Exactly! I enjoy the unknown challenge. If TNT told us everthing it would be just like the AC - just repetitive clicking towards a known outcome.

I haven't been able to get into Neo for about an hour. I thought it was my end.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

The lag suddenly got a lot better in the past minute or so. Pages jumped from minutes of loading time to 10-30s. And Expellibox is working again.

:roflol: Grainne, smart Seeker that she is, decided to try to blend in with the locals today: she got zapped Tyrannian!

Basic Wave Info:
You get wave points for losing, but not for battling first wave opponents. Doing your part requires 50 mighty wins (not sure how many for easier battles or losses, but it's more). {I guess it might be time to start selling some of my medium-strength healing potions for those for whom this is their last wave (who probably don't have a healer).}

Achievements:
Not A Quitter: Do your part for this wave. Prize: Caramel Iced Coffee with Extra Caramel.
Daring Dare-doer: Complete a faction challenge. (which I would gladly do if the other factions weren't so scared of me) Prize: Gold stars sheet.

Yay, finally got a faction challenge. Won a Flight of the Battle Faerie book from it. I didn't win any red codestones today or yesterday. As long as others are still winning (and selling), I guess I don't mind.

Last edited by Siniri on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I thought this wave was a nice step up from the first one. Though, I am looking forward to more of a challenge in the upcoming waves.

I'm too old for this!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay, finished both achievements and did my part. That took a little longer than last time with the extra lag and 10 more battles.

I may refresh for more faction challenges, but probably not today. Maybe tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Favorite Cheese: Mozzerella String Cheese
Oh goodie. New wave... Insanely slow on my end, too. :(

Kanrik's quotes (like Siniri, I'll update as I go)
  • Wake up, there's a new wave. Time to remember which end is the pointy end.
  • It's like the obelisk is surrounded by idiots. Oh wait -- it is. Clear them out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:04 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Can anyone tell me what the smug philosopher says in the battledome? Just find it interesting to see what others are experiencing. (I already saw his pics. I think a better name might have been Swanky Philosopher. Can you really win his wig from a cask?)

Just got a timed challenge from refreshing. The message was:
Quote:
The clock strikes in 6.2 minutes. Will the Weewoo warble? Time will tell.

By the time the picture loaded, revealing the Charming Subversive, there was less than 6 minutes. By the time the Battledome fight page loaded, it was well under 5 min. I finished the fight with 4:08 left on the clock, but watching the loading circles was nerve-wracking!
Quote:
Defeated? Me? This is a disaster. My contact will be furious. I must hide!

I won a Left-Over Turkey Steak Sandwich. Where are the codestones and bottled faeries?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:00 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Siniri wrote:
Just got a timed challenge from refreshing. The message was:
Quote:
The clock strikes in 6.2 minutes. Will the Weewoo warble? Time will tell.

By the time the picture loaded, revealing the Charming Subversive, there was less than 6 minutes. By the time the Battledome fight page loaded, it was well under 5 min. I finished the fight with 4:08 left on the clock, but watching the loading circles was nerve-wracking!

Ditto - right down to the times... except I had an hourglass to watch (Windows XP ATM)

For a while, I thought I'd never get a challenge. I think I had two or three fights left before filling my purple bar when I got it.

Wave 2 complete for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:19 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wave 2 is most likely my last fighting them on Mighty-- even now, they sometimes fight me to a draw. But Melisandale is getting a lot of battle practice out of this, and once I get her level back up to half her endurance she'll be stronger by the time wave three rolls around.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Yay, the challengers seem to be slightly nicer today (hold down F5 with your finger for ~20s, and you should get one most of the time). And I got a Mag on my first battle.

Wow, the zombie hooligan is insane. After I beat him 7 times:
Quote:
Hee hee, that tickled. You're kind of chokato and faeryllium, you know that?

Weirdo!

The Professor is saying the same things he did 2 days ago. I guess that makes sense, but it's kind of boring now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:47 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Hooray! I finally won a weak bottled dark faerie!

Only 9 more to go to get the Irritable Minions...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:32 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

A hint to when this phase of the war might end: cask keys will stop being sold 3/24. I really hope there will be another phase after all the waves.

The thief challenger is cocky: Care to wager? I bet you can't beat me 7 times. Sorry, you're just too clumsy.

How wrong he was. I forgot to take note of what he said when I beat him, though. He probably cried.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:20 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The Smug Philosopher is a bit full of himself: "Study as much as I have, and then maybe you could beat me 6 times. Only then."

Upon beating him he says, "That... was... BRILLIANT! You must show me how you won. I'm impressed!"

I didn't even crack a book. Perhaps stole one or two... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:17 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Wave 3! These are their reinforcements? I can still take out 3x their max HP on a single turn on mighty while losing less than 6% of my own HP. And I can still make it a 1-click battle using my KBT (or with my YB, too, though HCC doesn't quite do it).

Be careful, one of them has a nasty poison dagger. I wonder how much the cure will skyrocket.

The battle taunts are lacking color this wave; they're interchangeable. And perhaps their challenge taunts are repeated. Midnight Smuggler: Care to wager? I bet you can't beat me 6 times. Sorry, you're just too clumsy. ... You... won? You are the better warrior. I'm still the better thief, though.

However:
"Midnight Smuggler stabbity stabbities you with their Thieves Dirk!"
Brute Squad challenge taunt: Want some training? Try to beat me 7 times. It'll be a great workout... for you. ... Argh! Noo... I have never suffered such a defeat. I've never seen such strength!
Ghostly Knight Timed Challenge Taunt: BRALLALARGH!! Doom! Smashing! Pumpernickel! You have 8.6 minutes. ... {same bit about chokatoes and faeryllium}

Achievements:
Flawless Victory: I could have been nice and let 'em hit me, but why?
Win a battle with full HP (I used my RFF on the first round and my BoHD + KBT on the second round and got it -- other sites say "win a battle while taking no damage," but that's not strictly true). Prize: Amber Sword

I Used To Be A Great Battler: Incomplete But then I took an evil muffin to the knee.
I suspected it was to lose a battle, and other sites confirm this, but I haven't tried it yet; I want to "do my part" before I try. Confirmed. Prize: Ice muffin.

Apparently the quote is a reference to something, but I've no idea what.

P.S. The BD is rather glitchy, though there's no lag. I was on my second challenge, against the Ghostly Knight, and I'd done at least 3 battles against him, but when I refreshed to confirm whether it was 3 or 4 (of 6), it reset back to 6/7 on my first challenge against the Nefarious Plotter, and I lost all 3-4 of the GK fights and the last of the NP fights. I couldn't remember whether I got the faction challenge item twice or not (I'd already collected, but it was among regular loot), nor did I have any idea what it was, so I figured I'd have gotten an item with the GK challenge anyway (which I had to finish fighting since I'd already selected "play again," and beat the NP again, so I very likely completed the same number of battles for it, anyway). Besides, I lost 4-5 battles in my do-your-part bar!

P.P.S. Maybe I didn't lose those battles, after all. I was able to fill my DYP bar at 45 wins (9,9,2,20,5). Is this correct, or was it 50 again? If it was 50, that means I didn't completely lose those 5 battles after all. At any rate, you need 45-50 wins on mighty to do your part.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next