Whether it be a puzzle or a war, this is the place to be for all your plot related needs.
Topic locked

Atlas of the Ancients [Split 1]

Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:17 am

Previous Split

Re: Atlas of the Ancients [Split 1]

Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:32 am

Well, Monday doesn't look like it'll be kind to us. Not like its ever really a day to look forward to but according to how things have been going for me, as far as connecting the pipes to get the daily prize goes (6-6-12-24), it looks like a very tedious day of connecting 48 pipes.

/facepalm

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:32 am

You've really had that kind of numbering? I think my pipe connecting was 8/9 (missed the first day; it took eight tries to get the Fire Muffin and one more to get the Lava Rock), 8, and (approximately) 12. Seems more random than anything, least it has been for me.
Last edited by ChaosShadow on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:48 am

I thought at first this was a neat step in the plot. That was... 4 days ago?

Man I miss pyramid wandering.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:12 am

I was thinking that exact same thing.. this has just sadly gotten monotonous and boring. it is generating nothing but page views for them while we drive ourselves insane.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Is there any chance of me getting the muffins, the mote and the book in one day? It seems like today is the last day of the plot too.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 pm

lemonade wrote:Is there any chance of me getting the muffins, the mote and the book in one day? It seems like today is the last day of the plot too.

It seems like the only one you can "make up" is the item from the first day (the molten rock?), and so I'd suggest stopping after you get the book today. That's because I doubt we're getting plot points and a prize shop for this plot, given that this was the only step that allowed you to complete it more than once, and it did give out 5 different prizes for it already. If you really want to bore yourself just in case, of course that's your prerogative. :)

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:57 pm

The promise of plot points and shop is basically the only thing keeping me going through this at this point. This step started off merely irritating and has evolved to a new level of tedium. Seriously, who said "pressing left and right upwards of a hundred times in four days sounds like a great idea!"

Ugh. This whole plot has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm

I don't think we should call this a "plot." At best it's a mini-plot; Altador was much more difficult. So what shall we call it? The Atlas of Atrocities? Avalanche of Awkwardness (regarding comic segues)? Abyss of Anchovies?

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:58 pm

How many "successes" are people needing to get the book today?

<---- deciding whether to bother.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Took me about 8 goes to get the book.

Still trying to get yesterdays one, not looking good :(

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:42 pm

8? What is this 8 business? The last three days, it's taken me ~20, 25, and 30 turns respectively. I just used a kitchen timer set to 4:50 to let me know when to switch back and complete a cycle.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:48 pm

I think it's dumb luck. Until today I didn't have to try more than a dozen times.

Today it was more like twenty. Quite unpleasant. I feel for everybody else who's had to click this stupid thing so often.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:54 pm

for me it took 6,12,18,24,30 for the five items

Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:57 am

Crud. I missed Saturday, which, I guess means I missed a prize...which kind of stinks.

Also, I agree with this being kind of fun the first day...and kind of not on the 4th (and the 2nd, and the 3rd). They are really pulling out all the stops for this plot, aren't they?
Topic locked