Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:25 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wow! And 3078 games of MSN! (I've played 15 :D )

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:58 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well, Roo and Krawk move on to the next, no big surprise as both teams are really playing their hearts out. Hope SK makes it to 3rd though- go beat LD!!! :lol:
Sure wish they still published results for YYB/MSN/SS separately, so I could see how *close* (or not) the games were.
Fingers crossed we make it to 3rd place. And keep Grelinek as top goal scorer so she can be MVP! Which I find rather odd- she's top goal scorer but SK is losing; same with Zo Junior who was top goal scorer for a long time, but HW ranked below teams (whose players are) lower than him on the top goal scorers board. (averages are a funny thing)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:39 am 

Matrinka wrote:
Right now, I'm amused by the Shenkuu Neoboards -- apparently they're calling game goals "punishments" and repeatedly asking for them. Seriously. The board reads like an S&M forum with all the "thank you for the punishment" and "it hurts so good" comments.

*dead from laughing* Thanks for that. XD

shapu wrote:
forcesinbalance wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't been able to reach any page on Neo all day. I can reach everything else just fine. I ran a trace, and the route dies at viacom-inc.demarc.cogentco.com [38.96.187.50]. It's unreachable...and very frustrating with the finals going on.

How widespread is this amongst Cup players? What kind of effect do you think it will have on the Cup?

Neopets isn't loading for me, either.

But don't block cogentco - that's not an ad page; I think that's the company that hosts their servers.

I hope it's just a temporary problem. I hate to suggest it, but it could be because of where you guys are (which info I don't know ^.^; ).... Some of the friends I have online couldn't pull up anything from Megaupload (and a couple other places) for a while because their basic internet provider had a disagreement with the company behind those sites.
*fingers crossed that it simply resolves itself very soon for you*

eilu wrote:
Sure wish they still published results for YYB/MSN/SS separately, so I could see how *close* (or not) the games were.

...See, I was going to mention here that you can check the wins/draws/losses in each matchup by clicking one of the teams on the Finals page that played in it, but I'm no longer sure you're talking about that. ^.^; Um. So, ignore if that wasn't it. (Although, wow, Neopets sure likes their javascript pop-up commands and hiding them.... Sorry. Personal beef. ^.^; )

eilu wrote:
And keep Grelinek as top goal scorer so she can be MVP! Which I find rather odd- she's top goal scorer but SK is losing; same with Zo Junior who was top goal scorer for a long time, but HW ranked below teams (whose players are) lower than him on the top goal scorers board. (averages are a funny thing)

Yeah, you really can't tell how a team is doing by their Top Goal Scorer. XD If everyone on RI scored the same way I do, Lilo Blumario would barely average better than 1 goal per game, but Jair Tollet would be leading the list with a bit over 9 goals per game. ^.^;

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:46 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

veritablegoddess wrote:
Yeah, you really can't tell how a team is doing by their Top Goal Scorer. XD If everyone on RI scored the same way I do, Lilo Blumario would barely average better than 1 goal per game, but Jair Tollet would be leading the list with a bit over 9 goals per game. ^.^;

I agree I started the tournament with a 3+1 formation (3 defenders and 1 forward), so Ealyn was the lone forward. After around 6,000 goals by Ealyn, I had the confidence to go attacking with a 1+3 formation - Soley became the centrew forward, and Ealyn got shunted to the flanks. Since then, Soley is my man, which fits well with his MVP bid.

Also please note that some sports honor the player who is most important to his/her team with the MVP award, and not the overall best player, so not always MVP comes from the winning teams!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:28 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

veritablegoddess wrote:
forcesinbalance wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't been able to reach any page on Neo all day. I can reach everything else just fine. I ran a trace, and the route dies at viacom-inc.demarc.cogentco.com [38.96.187.50]. It's unreachable...and very frustrating with the finals going on.
I hope it's just a temporary problem. I hate to suggest it, but it could be because of where you guys are (which info I don't know ^.^; )....
I'm in the UK and could access Neo all of yesterday, although as I said YYB was slow and glitchy. Today it seems to be nice and smooth again. I'm guessing one or more of Viacom's servers was on the blink. forcesinbalance, I hope you managed to get some games in. :(

veritablegoddess wrote:
If everyone on RI scored the same way I do, Lilo Blumario would barely average better than 1 goal per game, but Jair Tollet would be leading the list with a bit over 9 goals per game. ^.^;
I started the Cup playing with Jair Tollet but switched to a 3-1 formation so I could use Lilo when I saw the GPG list! But yeah, it's not a very good predictor of how the teams themselves are doing except to study general trends (like the rise of Shenkuu = the rise of its top scorer).

And so to the final. Krawk Island, you goin' down. :evil: (I hope. This one's got to be our year. Right??)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:12 pm 

I've called AT&T, who is my internet service provider (after doing some digging, they have a habit of blocking sites on the cogentco.com network). The poor fellow I talked to had no idea what's going on, so he's referring me to the "next level up" of tech support, whatever that is.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Can't believe I've managed it, and a day early as well!

Yooyuball
Goals Scored 22,038
Goals by Mirsha Grelinek 19,746
Goals by Foltaggio 885
Goals by Antola Maeir 1,290
Goals by Larcy Phu 117
Saves by Xana DiLanche 212
Number of Wins 1,979
Number of Draws 0
Number of Losses 0

Slushie Slinger
Games Played 49
Top Score 672

Make Some Noise
Games Played 15
Top Score 6,560

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Congrats, gingernut!! :hug:

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:46 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Woah! I just found a new glitch!

I was playing YYB, and the balls were all going extra slow! Normal was going at ice speed, ice hardly moved at all. It was strange.

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've had that one, it's really annoying!
Pickles wrote:
Congrats, gingernut!! :hug:
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:11 am 

Very much congratulations to everyone who has made All-Star (or met their goal, whatever it may have been). ^.^

Myself, I kind of can't wait until today is over. ^.^; I'm not quite sure what I'll do with those three+ extra free hours each day that'll be magically returned to me, but I'm sure it will feel glorious.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:23 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Totally killed myself with another 235 games on the first day of the final - now at 2,781 games and 35,577 goals. Still debating whether should go for the 219 game marathon today or go to sleep, thinking that 35577 is a nice number!
Eventually deciding to go to sleep - the bed seems way more inviting than Dasher. Hope to wake up rejuvenated! Note to self: May have to regret later.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:56 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

just wondering- do you guys thing the results will be up tomorrow or will it be late and pop up on Tuesday's news instead?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:19 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm assuming that we'll know the results around midnight, like any other match.

:evil: Prizes... we're not seeing those until September at the earliest! :evil:

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm so close to my goal, I need to keep playing!

Set by the amazing Kitten Medli.
Wanna see some of my writing? Click here!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next