Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:02 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:30 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

kcharles wrote:
I'm so close to my goal, I need to keep playing!
I know the feeling! I have 78 YYB games to go today, plus one SS and 12 MSN... and once I hit it, I don't plan on putting a single other Yooyu in that damn goal. :roll: Unfortunately the house is hosting a party today, so I keep sneaking back to my room to play another three or so games...

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:45 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

shapu wrote:
I've called AT&T, who is my internet service provider (after doing some digging, they have a habit of blocking sites on the cogentco.com network). The poor fellow I talked to had no idea what's going on, so he's referring me to the "next level up" of tech support, whatever that is.

I've had some success getting through by changing my static DNS servers in my router. I'm currently using the ones from OpenDNS in San Francisco on a list of public DNS servers I found. (The specific addresses are 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222.) You should probably flush your DNS resolver cache after changing them to make the change take effect faster. The command for doing that on a Windows box is ipconfig /flushdns. (If you don't know have a link to the command line in your Accessories menu, you'll have to run C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe to bring it up.) Make sure you write down your original DNS server addresses before you change them.

My current guess is that there was an address change somewhere in Viacom's network, and the change hasn't propagated correctly to all the DNS servers. There was a major worldwide DNS patch recently, and it may be having some unforeseen side effects.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:20 pm 

forcesinbalance wrote:
I've had some success getting through by changing my static DNS servers in my router.

forcesinbalance, you're my hero.

Set by Zilary.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:13 pm 

averly wrote:
forcesinbalance wrote:
I've had some success getting through by changing my static DNS servers in my router.

forcesinbalance, you're my hero.

Still no go for me, though. Changed the DNS servers, flushed the dns cache, but the site still won't load.

EDIT: I take that back. I used these two servers:
and
From Verizon.

EDIT2:
Alright, so some of you have already proven themselves as pretty bright (like the guy two posts above this one), so here's a question for those who may know: Why is it that YYB seems to slow down on my computer as I'm playing? I've got a P4 at 2.2 ghz, 784 mb of ram, and no shortage of hard disk (or firefox cache) space. But as the game goes on, it gets more and more sluggish. By the end of it, I'm lucky if it takes less than 10 seconds between when I highlight my player and when I've gotten close enough to take a shot.

It seems to speed up again if I move between tabs or reload a web page (sometimes), so I have google in another tab.

It's like a temporary and resettable memory leak, except that my memory-monitoring software (yes, I've run freeram in the background trying to figure this out) shows no problems.

Any thoughts? PM me so as not to clutter the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:54 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

That is me DONE. Bronze shield in the bag, 584 YYB wins, and a total of 6,264 goals for Roo Island - more than last year, although I finished two ranks higher then. I never want to see another Yooyu as long as I live.

At least until next year.

I'm pretty sure I said that last year too...

MayEdit: New Split!

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10