Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 2
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:33 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

We might win again today, Terror Mountain not a particularly strong side, although obviously better than Faerie! I'm glad we've got one anyway, I was getting deja vu from last year when I played for Faerie!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Urgh... 15 games won and I'm very quickly tiring of the whole mess. I may just get my avatar and go home... I've never liked Yooyuball that much.

Image Yeah, Ledi needs a new sig...
DeviantART! http://ledicat.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:07 pm 

Rakumel wrote:
Snow Yooyus must die. :x I still can't score more than 6 goals a game.

Quote:
Wait, so people who are putting in the bare minimum on each game are getting the same points as I am??? Jeeze, not fair. My team isn't on a winning track, so what's my motivation to keep scoring 12 goals a game?

Excuse you. Do really think that everyone who's scoring the "bare minimum" on their games isn't trying their hardest? Please tell me that there's no implication of that here, and I'm merely misreading it.

Look, I may not be able to crank out hundreds of fifteen-goal games a day, but I'm trying my best and trying to have fun when I do have time to sit down and play. I don't appreciate being called lazy just because I'm not as good at the game as the rest of you apparently are.

edit: ...okay, I've read through it again. I think I see where you're coming from, but I still don't like the implication. Possibly the number of goals you score per game won't matter much until it comes time to redeem prizes. The people who scored more of them get better prizes, or rather, more points to spend on prizes. Maybe. I'm not really sure.

^.^; Oh, goodness. No, no, no! It wasn't at all any sort of implication about people who can't score very well in YYB. Some few posts before this person's, there was one that mentioned you could get a win with minimum effort by scoring one goal and then just making sure the other team can't get a goal on you by minimizing the game and doing something else. Probably this strategy was itself born out of a frustration with the harder types of Yooyus, but if the poster you quoted has been trying really hard and getting really frazzled with the game, the thought that there are people who are zooming through the ranks and such without as much frustration can really get to a person.

I do agree that it shouldn't phase us much to read about others' such strategies, since the prize points should reflect more than just the number of wins, but coming right off a game where you struggled and struggled just to get a score of 4-0 *cough*stupidSnowYooyus*cough* you can be very discouraged even by the momentary thought that the effort isn't getting you anything special. ^.^;

On a very small side note, I have found that if you can remember to try for a more steeply angled shot, you can get the Snow Yooyu in more often. The problem then is not overshooting the goal... and not getting so frustrated that you completely forget how to do it. ^.^;

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

What I do is fake up real quick to get the goalie moving that way, then quickly turn and shoot down at at angle. Works almost every time, provided my angle isn't too steep ;)

Of course, with the Faerie and Darigan Yooyus, that doesn't apply. I've actually gotten good at using the Darigan one to score, though. I just do the same move (quickly turn up), but turn a little more to angle the ball in that way.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:37 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I find with the snow yooyu, sometimes either frustration or possibly a glitch in the game means if I don't make it in the first two or three shot, I can spend an entire game chasing one round the pitch. In those situations it's sometimes better to let the other team score with it to move the game along. What makes me think it might be a glitch is that if I get another snow yooyu straight afterwards, I often get it in on my first try.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

veritablegoddess wrote:
On a very small side note, I have found that if you can remember to try for a more steeply angled shot, you can get the Snow Yooyu in more often. The problem then is not overshooting the goal... and not getting so frustrated that you completely forget how to do it. ^.^;

I definitely agree with you about getting so frustrated you forget how to do it. I find that if I don't make it with the snow yooyu on the first or second try I get so frustrated and annoyed that it takes me ages to score (if I even do!).

Also woo we got our first YYB win. :) I was starting to get discouraged!

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:05 pm 

To score with the Snow Yooyu, I go down low (to the bottom corner of the middle diamond) and then as I approach the goal line, run at an angle and shoot right at the goal line.

The motivation to score 12+ goals is to shorten the games and therefore play more games in shorter time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

veritablegoddess wrote:
^.^; Oh, goodness. No, no, no! It wasn't at all any sort of implication about people who can't score very well in YYB. Some few posts before this person's, there was one that mentioned you could get a win with minimum effort by scoring one goal and then just making sure the other team can't get a goal on you by minimizing the game and doing something else.

Really? Wow, how'd I miss that? o_O That's not cool. Not much of a win, either. I was afraid I had misunderstood something, looks like I did. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Quote:

Quote:
To score with the Snow Yooyu, I go down low (to the bottom corner of the middle diamond) and then as I approach the goal line, run at an angle and shoot right at the goal line.

Welllll, I'm kinda already doing that, and it still gets intercepted. I'm guessing maybe I just haven't found the correct angle and distance yet. =\ Must keep trying, I suppose. Thanks though!

What's really getting my goat, I suspect, is that I'm not improving like I should be. And I'm not sure why. May just need a break for a few days.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:38 pm 

Ah, you're just having a down moment. Sometimes it happens because I force myself to play for hours (trying to get at least 200 wins a day).

I drew up this map that show my strategy for shooting Snow Yooyus.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kurisutaru wrote:
veritablegoddess wrote:

I definitely agree with you about getting so frustrated you forget how to do it. I find that if I don't make it with the snow yooyu on the first or second try I get so frustrated and annoyed that it takes me ages to score (if I even do!).

Same thing happens to me - usually with snows, but sometimes also with normals (and almost always with mutants). Sometimes I wonder if it's that I'm not starting from the same position, thus angling the shot wrong....other times, I swear, the goalie all the sudden gets SUPERGOOD at blocking that one particular ball. o_O

While it is a good motivation to get more goals because it shortens the game time, I'm just trying to do my best - for myself and for my team. The shortened game time is just an added benefit of that. I think there's nothing wrong if my best is better or worse than someone else's - just because I might be good at one thing, life has taught me that the other person is better at me in many other things. I am very impressed with the people who are still trying, even if they struggle with scoring a single goal - because they *are* still trying, even if it's not something they're good at.

I have very mixed feelings about the "score one goal then sit around" method. I know it's technically not breaking the rules, as the 3 minutes still must tick by, but something rubs me bad about it - like it's abusing a glitch or having the computer play for you.

Serpens Albus wrote:
(trying to get at least 200 wins a day).
200!?! per DAY?! Wow. I wish I had that kind of time....but then, I have to work...and sleep.

Congrats, LD, for beating us (Roo) on everything, BTW. Gonna hafta keep our eyes on you and Krawk....(and potentially Haunted woods and Meridell, too). :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:56 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

>Congrats, LD, for beating us (Roo) on everything, BTW.

Thanks. I'm still in shock we actually managed to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:04 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I have to rant. At people who will never see this, because PPTers don't fall into this category, BUT.

"I know but still by lost desert?? I can see if they got sweept by us (Krawk Island) but not lost desert"
"It is pretty weird that Lost Desert, a team who was a so-so team, would win against a 2nd place champion from last year's Altador Cup. I totally agree with you."

From the Neoboards... UGH. Some people just need to get off their high horses. Out of 16 teams, LD came in 5th last year (Krawk was only 3rd, Mr. HighAndMighty), and LD was in 4th for a good deal of it. This year, we were in 4th yesterday before we had played Roo, and now we're in 3rd. LD is NOT a "so-so" team. We are underrated, and have many hard working members and very very few bandwagon-ers if any, unlike the top 3 or 4 from last year.

Now that I've defended my own team... Every team has great players with insane scores at insane ranks. Unfortunately the more popular teams have more jerks, simply because of the number of people on the team. It just makes it hard to respect the team as a whole for the nicer members when the loudmouths are running rampant everywhere... though after yesterday's game, I don't doubt there are LD jerks coming out of the woodwork now.

Why can't we all just have fuuuuuuuuun? :/

I am having fun though, getting better at getting over 9 goals in a game. It's hard to adjust after going so long aiming for only 3 goals a minute. :D My number of wins is laughable right now though, been really busy with work, school, and a trip out of state. Last year I had a desk job which made sneaking games between work easy. Not so much with being a retail slave. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:08 pm 

Pickles wrote:
Serpens Albus wrote:
(trying to get at least 200 wins a day).
200!?! per DAY?! Wow. I wish I had that kind of time....but then, I have to work...and sleep.

Well, I got 200 wins yesterday, and I even had time to go to the mall.

I've been getting up really early. If I could use the computer whenever I wanted, I could probably get 300+ wins a day easily.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:11 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

metalmario wrote:
Last year I had a desk job which made sneaking games between work easy. Not so much with being a retail slave. :P

Yeah, tell me about it! *high fives fellow retail slave*

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ange wrote:
metalmario wrote:
Last year I had a desk job which made sneaking games between work easy. Not so much with being a retail slave. :P

Yeah, tell me about it! *high fives fellow retail slave*

:lol: I hear you! This year I'm working two jobs and I have a bf...it cuts into my 'free' time quite a bit.

I only have 135 YYB wins so far. However, last year I got 580 so maybe I'll still be able to at least equal what I did last year... I can hope! :P

Set by Moogie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next