Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:30 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

smudgeoffudge wrote:
I feel kind of silly asking this, but if I say, score 3-1 or something and submit my score, am I esentually scoring a point for the other team if I submit, even if I beat them and it is only one point?

According to the rules, the points you score for your team are based on the difference between your score and the opposing team's score.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:26 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Whoo-hoo! My first 11-0!

Does anyone have any screenies of last year's prize shop lying around? I'd like to put it on my desktop as motivation...

A wise man once said: "Go Shenkuu!!!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:47 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I wish we could get Neopoints for 3 of the games played like in other games...that way, my np income wouldn't go way down during the Altador Cup...that being said, I don't really know how they would do it...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:49 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Daze wrote:
From my observations, the Right Defender on the Shenkuu Team (today's matchup) has the same style as yesterdays Right Defender on the Terror Mountain Team - both have really angry looking faces and walk backwards alot.

Would have to agree with your observation, I've played against Roo island and Darigan citadel and their right defenders do that too. :lol:

Another AI observation: they tend to guard their counterparts when you're on your side of the field and they have their own 'zones' - the AI doesn't trigger unless you're close to them. So you can avoid triggering defenders by running close to the forwards. Same with the yooyu- if it's near the sideline or corner none of them will go after it (not in the AI's zone)

About the art:
Foltaggio (Shenkuu's right forward Mynci) is drawn with an eyepatch, but on the field you can see him blinking with both eyes.
Layton Vickles looks like he's running around the field in a long purple dress :lol: I know he's a hissi and that's his tail, but it looks really that way- specially when his back is turned to you

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:33 am 

Pickles wrote:
Hm. I think they definitely changed the scoring for at least one of the other games. I just got to 145 YYB wins, and have 9 SS and 15 MSN, and I'm now at rank 3. I wonder which of 'em got more?

My best guess so far is that SS is actually giving a point after 2 games, and MSN after 12. ^.^; I'd check, but I have a ways to go yet before Level 3, and I am all AC'd out for the day. XD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

When you imagine Yooyu ball, what do you imagine the pets are doing with those arm thingys? I looked up what lacrosse looks like, and they use these stick things to flick the ball around I guess. I've never watched a lacrosse game. But on the neopet game, well you can't really see what they are supposed to be doing, so I don't know if those are just arm braces or if they are supposed to be kicking the ball or flicking it or what...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:10 am 

15-0 win, i dont konw i might be God :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

veritablegoddess wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Hm. I think they definitely changed the scoring for at least one of the other games. I just got to 145 YYB wins, and have 9 SS and 15 MSN, and I'm now at rank 3. I wonder which of 'em got more?

My best guess so far is that SS is actually giving a point after 2 games, and MSN after 12. ^.^; I'd check, but I have a ways to go yet before Level 3, and I am all AC'd out for the day. XD

What I just scored would corroborate that. I've got 194 yyb wins, had 15 MSN, and moved from 9 to 10 SS, and bumped to the next rank. I guess they're being kind and giving us a better ratio for the "supporting" games.

Definitely SS is now 1 point for every 2 games. Next time I get close to ranking, I"ll bump my MSN to a notch of 12 and check it out. :)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I just got my first 9-0 victory! I am a slightly lesser god!

Also, I feel really stupid it took me 26 games to realise if you waited, the commentators had more than one thing to say.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:27 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Finally got 50 games of Yooyu ball in. :) I'm going to play the side games for a bit because my eyes are starting to go a little buggy on me. :P Yay for the avy too. :D

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:06 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yay, finally got the avatar!

That being said, I still don't like this new version of the game much. It's cute to see all the different players and all, and I'm tempted to say "Mooooooon-a Prism Powa.....Make UP!!" anytime I see a Faerie Yooyu come into play. (My brain works funny.) But these little happies just don't compensate for the wonky controls.

I'm getting used to them (finally scored six points in one game), but I still don't like them. Now I've just come to the point where if I start saying choice four-letter words at the screen during YYB, I stop and switch to SS or do something else entirely for a little while.

Because this is supposed to be fun, darnit! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:37 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rakumel's Status wrote:

You copied me XD

My old siggy expired.
I need a good siggy :(

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:53 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Toropiusu wrote:
I just got my first 9-0 victory! I am a slightly lesser god!

Also, I feel really stupid it took me 26 games to realise if you waited, the commentators had more than one thing to say.

It actually depends. (The sarcastic 'filler' comments for them aside)

After a match ends, (for Roo Island, at least) the second commentator can reply in the following ways (not necessarily exhaustive):

A)
Say nothing. This can happen if you scored the same number of goals for each player that have scored in the match. Or if you scored too little goals to have anything of note.

B)
Comment that the team is solid, but a particular player really shines through. This can happen if the majority of the goals are scored by one player (defender or forward doesn't matter).

C)
Comment that the team has a good overall performance, but one player didn't pull his/her slack. This happened to me once, in which that particular player (and the goalie, obviously) scored 0 goals, whilst everyone else had 1 to 2 goals.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:12 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

yabramokids wrote:
You copied me XD

I don't think so. I've had that same location up for probably close to a year now. Maybe two years...a long time, at any rate. Unless I'm just horribly unobservant, I'm pretty sure I had it first. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Rakumel wrote:
Yay, finally got the avatar!

That being said, I still don't like this new version of the game much. It's cute to see all the different players and all, and I'm tempted to say "Mooooooon-a Prism Powa.....Make UP!!" anytime I see a Faerie Yooyu come into play. (My brain works funny.) But these little happies just don't compensate for the wonky controls.

I'm getting used to them (finally scored six points in one game), but I still don't like them. Now I've just come to the point where if I start saying choice four-letter words at the screen during YYB, I stop and switch to SS or do something else entirely for a little while.

Because this is supposed to be fun, darnit! :P

I agree, the controls are odd, so is the perspective. It took me quite awhile to get used to. I can get around 5-7 goals per game now, but I feel like I have to work a lot harder this year. I suppose I'll get better with practice.

And I hear you about the sailor moon reference. :lol:

Set by Moogie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next