Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup III (2008) - Split 1
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Pickles wrote:
myname7772 wrote:
Do the points in slushie slinger or that shouting game actually matter because, apparently, last year they didn't and only counted the games played.

They do count, and they did last year. Please see my above post for how they count. :)

I meant the score inside the games like 23353 or 3569 because normally they count for neopoints but I don't see any purpose in them right now.

Save the trees! Don't do homework!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:05 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well I got off to a late start this year. I was hoping to exceed what I did last year, but now that I'm working, most likely won't be an option. :P I'm disappointed to see Shenkuu lost, but truthfully not surprised that we lost to Roo Island, they're a tough team. We have another tough match today. I've only done 22 wins, but I'm hoping to get to over 50 by the time I go to bed tonight.

Good luck guys!

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

myname7772 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
myname7772 wrote:
Do the points in slushie slinger or that shouting game actually matter because, apparently, last year they didn't and only counted the games played.

They do count, and they did last year. Please see my above post for how they count. :)

I meant the score inside the games like 23353 or 3569 because normally they count for neopoints but I don't see any purpose in them right now.

Aha, sorry, misread. I think there might've been an (undetermined) score you had to get above in order to have it count, but no one was ever able to confirm that or not. Basically, they made it so you couldn't just open the window, hand off a single slushie, and count that as a submitted score. I think. Like I said, was never confirmed.

veritablegoddess wrote:
Huh. Um, I think either SS or MSN counts more than we think it does, because I was Level 1 with 89 YYB, 12 SS, and 50 MSN, but the 90th YYB win pushed me into Level 2.
Hm. Maybe they changed it around? o_O

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:20 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Pickles wrote:
stuff

I just tested it and the the cut-off point now looks like 0. If you submit a score of 0, it doesn't count, a score of 5 does count and that's for just handing out a slushie :P

Now I'll go test it if I can get the avatar this way.

Save the trees! Don't do homework!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:02 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Whoa... that was weird..... I just had an awesome glitch where my team was really fast and the other team was regular speed. I dunno how it happened, but it was harder to score :(

Also, a strange glitch to note:
If you click somewhere in the audience to make an X appear, your player will walk off the field

My old siggy expired.
I need a good siggy :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:08 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

yabramokids wrote:
Whoa... that was weird..... I just had an awesome glitch where my team was really fast and the other team was regular speed. I dunno how it happened, but it was harder to score :(

Just had that glitch but reversed. Reloaded the game and it was fine. Dunno if its a glitch or a random easter egg thing - other people have said they've had it where all the players permanently face backwards, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:18 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Whoo-hoo! First 10-0 game! (now to work on a little consistency...)

Well, I'm rank 1 now, 53 games, which doesn't sound impressive until you realize that's farther than I got during the ENTIRE ACII. :oops:

A wise man once said: "Go Shenkuu!!!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Heh, those people saying 60 games a day for top prize :o How much time does TNT think we have on our hands O_o Thats about 100 hours over the course of the 34 days lol. I've just reached 60 games, only 40 of which were today n I'm bored to death. Averaging around 11 goals per game, although recent games have all been 12 and up. Woulda made 15 last game but for a spot of bad luck.

Btw, the theoretical limit based on time is 16 goals - 3 seconds to grab the ball and score + the 8 seconds each goal takes off makes it 11 seconds per goal, 3 minutes is 180 seconds, 180 / 11 = 16.36, so the limit is 16 :D *that bored*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Phlameseeker wrote:
yabramokids wrote:

Just had that glitch but reversed. Reloaded the game and it was fine. Dunno if its a glitch or a random easter egg thing - other people have said they've had it where all the players permanently face backwards, etc.

I didn't need to reload. It went away after that match. I dunno whether I should be glad it went away or not XD

My old siggy expired.
I need a good siggy :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:27 pm 

Phlameseeker wrote:
Heh, those people saying 60 games a day for top prize :o How much time does TNT think we have on our hands O_o Thats about 100 hours over the course of the 34 days lol. I've just reached 60 games, only 40 of which were today n I'm bored to death. Averaging around 11 goals per game, although recent games have all been 12 and up. Woulda made 15 last game but for a spot of bad luck.

Btw, the theoretical limit based on time is 16 goals - 3 seconds to grab the ball and score + the 8 seconds each goal takes off makes it 11 seconds per goal, 3 minutes is 180 seconds, 180 / 11 = 16.36, so the limit is 16 :D *that bored*

I've yet to score 9 goals in a game, although last time I was able to go 9-0 with impunity. I really, really, REALLY dislike the new layout, especially how while the field is drawn with perspective, ball and player movement (especially from bottom to top) isn't.

Arrrrrrrghhh.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:31 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Phlameseeker wrote:
Heh, those people saying 60 games a day for top prize :o How much time does TNT think we have on our hands O_o Thats about 100 hours over the course of the 34 days lol.
It's not about how much time they think we have on our hands, but how much some people DO. :) They work out the prize costs based on the range of scores players actually got. The more hours Neopians overall spend playing, the higher the prize costs will be. So, for example, they'll make the top prize accessible to the top 1% of players or something like that.

Anyway, I find pacing yourself is the secret. If you set your targets too high early on, you will get bored and burn out and end up scoring much less than you would have if you set realistic daily targets and stuck to them. I'm aiming for 25 YYB wins a day and a bit of extra effort in the finals.
Phlameseeker wrote:
I appreciated this actually! Although I have not been able to score a goal in less than 4 seconds, even with my fastest player making a lightning fast grab-and-shoot with a Fire Yooyu, so it might not be possible in practice to score over 15-0.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:40 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

shapu wrote:
I've yet to score 9 goals in a game, although last time I was able to go 9-0 with impunity. I really, really, REALLY dislike the new layout, especially how while the field is drawn with perspective, ball and player movement (especially from bottom to top) isn't.

Arrrrrrrghhh.

Hmmm. Hasn't bothered me a bit in YYB, but the fact that the counters in SS are in perspective but the drink cups (and the speed at which they return to the slinger) is not has caused me to drop a lot of cups... this bugged me a lot last year too. I generally just go mash some keys... uh... make some noise to blow off the frustration.

A wise man once said: "Go Shenkuu!!!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:54 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

afyapardess wrote:
Phlameseeker wrote:
I appreciated this actually! Although I have not been able to score a goal in less than 4 seconds, even with my fastest player making a lightning fast grab-and-shoot with a Fire Yooyu, so it might not be possible in practice to score over 15-0.

My first goal always goes in at 2:57 remaining, so the 3 seconds is def poss. Maybe its down to pc / internet speed though *ponders* I've def made it to 14-0 though, and that was with two darigan YYs in a row that i missed the first two shots on, so it is doable if you have a perfect game. Aiming for 65 games a day now to make up for only doing 10 on the first day. Exams are finished tomorrow, but sposed to be finding some more work, plus... PARTY? Lol.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I feel kind of silly asking this, but if I say, score 3-1 or something and submit my score, am I esentually scoring a point for the other team if I submit, even if I beat them and it is only one point?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

smudgeoffudge wrote:
I feel kind of silly asking this, but if I say, score 3-1 or something and submit my score, am I esentually scoring a point for the other team if I submit, even if I beat them and it is only one point?

You'll have essentially scored 2 points for your team. The third point will cancel out. :)

Hm. I think they definitely changed the scoring for at least one of the other games. I just got to 145 YYB wins, and have 9 SS and 15 MSN, and I'm now at rank 3. I wonder which of 'em got more?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next