Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr. Sloth [Split 11]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Well, that was the best plot ever [/sarcasm]. Seriously, I was so bored throughout the entire thing that I didn't end up participating in half of the plot. The detachment from the comics was a major factor in that. I didn't feel like it mattered if any of us solved the puzzles or participated in the battledome, because the plot would progress anyways.

I'm really hoping that TNT does a plot that doesn't leave us hanging at the end and has steps and comics that make me rush home from work to participate. I miss the days of actually looking forward to the next step of a plot :(

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Bleh, that was unimaginably disappointing.

May wrote:
Well, that was the best plot ever [/sarcasm]. Seriously, I was so bored throughout the entire thing that I didn't end up participating in half of the plot. The detachment from the comics was a major factor in that. I didn't feel like it mattered if any of us solved the puzzles or participated in the battledome, because the plot would progress anyways.

I'm really hoping that TNT does a plot that doesn't leave us hanging at the end and has steps and comics that make me rush home from work to participate. I miss the days of actually looking forward to the next step of a plot :(

I'm with you there May :( I think that the next plot should be a predominantly battle / war plot, a la Battle For Meridell, with minimal / separate puzzle elements, then the one after that should be a puzzle plot with minimal / separate battle elements, and so on. This plot seemed to try for the latter, but failed to really click. TNT is trying too hard to appeal to both sets of players, but pleasing neither.

I can't remember a plot that was as disjointed as this one, although the last plot i participated in would have been the very start of LDP *sigh* I wonder how different it would have been if Adam and Donna were still running the show :(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

May wrote:

I hear you. I remember the excitement of having to choose sides in the Meridell wars and second Maraqua plot, an actual feeling of being able to influence what happened - back when plots were 'something is happening in Neopia, join in and help decide the outcome!' rather than 'here is a story we have written and here are some activities you can do that relate to it'. It didn't matter that my pet was hopeless in the Battle for Meridell - a whole three of those points scored by the Heroes were mine. MY OWN contribution!

That said, lots has changed for the better since then. Now we have varied challenges, combined puzzles / wars, quality comics and prize shops. But.... we had those things in the LDP too....

I never, ever thought I could be nostalgic about Anubis Toxicology Reports. :oops:

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:07 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'm afraid all I can do is agree; when the opponents came out I was expecting a fully-fledged War to break out and was really looking forward to it. I managed to do a lot of battling compared to what I thought I would manage but something was lacking a bit in that respect. I missed the Maraqua War as I was in Hospital so the last War I took part in was the Hannah one I believe and despite the bad prize (-prods wind-up toy-), illnesses given out by opponents and the slightly corny ending (just making it in time to Taelia XP) I was really up for it. =D The fighting just felt a bit... rushed I suppose. -prods her opinion of lack of depth of challengers- Or maybe that's because my battle pet is more powerful now. :P Regardless though... meh. I wanted to take down Dr Sloth. ;.; Sigh.

Or maybe the fact I couldn't sleep properly after doing the Mod-Codes made me all grumpy. ^^;; Poor shoulder. ;.; ...-prods ending of Chapter 13- That was so like the ending of the Anime Movie Laputa: Castle In The Sky. O.o Not like I'm complaining or anything as I really enjoy/ed that film but I just found the whole amulet-magic-words-boom-bit a bit... similiar. Meh. :P Just me that noticed I'm guessing. XD;; I liked Chapter 15 - twas a nice touch. ^^ Made up for the amulet-bit me thinks. -nods to self-

On the orange spots thing, I'm glad my Purple Grundo has lost her Orange Spots but I can understand why people would be upset after them being there for so long and it would be a good idea for wearable Orange Spots... I'd half expected 'Orange Spots' to appear in my Closet after reading the news. ^^;; Meh. I may be glad that she lost her Orange Spots but I'm glad that she still has her Orange Eyes... -nods to self- ...Purple Grundos deserve a reference to their History on Kreludor other than the wearable Grundo Slippers Item. -convinced original decription of Kreludor mentioned it was inhabitted by Orange and Purple Grundos before it became a mini-world- I can't remember... something about getting a Clone of Sloth as a Battledome Challenger. >.<;;

This was a decent enough Plot I suppose, meh. Twas expecting more dramatic-ness from Dr Sloth after he took forever to come back though. ;.;

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:24 pm 

Might as well give my two cents. While the plot was ok. Not the best. In fact, it had lots of room for improvement. At first it seemed to start out strong. We were guiding Gorix through the tunnels so he can meet up with Scout. As the chapters progressed it felt distant. Like we were taking a back seat to the plot.
Story wise it was allright. Not the best, but not the worst. They could have combined a few of the shorter chapters (six and seven for instance). Of course I also would have preferred Sloth to be a smart evil overlord instead of breaking evil overlord rules, win a few battles, enslave the inhabitance of the space station and it would be up to us to fee them and save the day...of course thats just me.

Anyway, it was average. Just wish it was better. Still going to play Neopets.

Biggest gripe: Sopix was in the entire plot for a grand total of FOUR panels...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

May wrote:

Totally with you there May. They just really didn't coordinate the steps and comic's well. Cyarla's comment on the Token Testing (something like "that wasn't so hard) had me reallying thinking if what we did mattered.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

afyapardess wrote:
You can't be serious.

I was late coming to the plot, and I was just doing my last 3mod, when suddenly.... a load of weird codestone symbols appeared in place of my mods, and when I refreshed, 404..... comic up, battledome challengers down.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *pick up desk, apply to head*

Wow. That really sucks :(

My only gripe is that they put the stupid Daily Dare in the middle of it. For those who are site-event trophy obsessed like me *cough* it's really cruel to make us choose one or the other. I never ended up doing a single thing in the last step because of the Daily Dare and some real life commitments (not blaming TNT for that one, but they sure could've helped the DD overlap), not to mention all the guides I read were really vague and confusing, and I kept getting kicked out of the room because TNT didn't really provide any instructions.
I also didn't max out the (very few) war opponents, I have weird non-even numbers for a couple, and I never ended up beating the 300 difficulty guy because I'm unlucky and he kept using his big bombs when other people said that he rarely used them... My final battle wins were 500-100-15, 125-57 (was trying to get to 300 (still getting em in one hit at 125) and 60), and 0 (was trying for 1). Le sigh.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Yeah, Unicron corrupted his receptacle of awesome goodness too (Sloth being sucked into the Space Faeries token and corrupting it in the last panel of episode 14), but he was a helluva lot cooler.

I never got past the codestone code breaking thing anyway. *shrug*

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:30 pm 

=blinks= the plot is over?

I'm mildly confused that there were so few steps (of course, i never did complete the super hard mod puzzles). woah the past few plots have been disappointing...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

metalmario wrote:
My only gripe is that they put the stupid Daily Dare in the middle of it. For those who are site-event trophy obsessed like me *cough* it's really cruel to make us choose one or the other. I never ended up doing a single thing in the last step because of the Daily Dare and some real life commitments (not blaming TNT for that one, but they sure could've helped the DD overlap), not to mention all the guides I read were really vague and confusing, and I kept getting kicked out of the room because TNT didn't really provide any instructions.
I also didn't max out the (very few) war opponents, I have weird non-even numbers for a couple, and I never ended up beating the 300 difficulty guy because I'm unlucky and he kept using his big bombs when other people said that he rarely used them... My final battle wins were 500-100-15, 125-57 (was trying to get to 300 (still getting em in one hit at 125) and 60), and 0 (was trying for 1). Le sigh.

I agree with you. I actually really enjoyed the plot up until the end. It seemed like the last bit was rushed to make room for Daily Dare. I wasn't able to fully participate in the last step because it ended too quickly and it wasn't entirely clear what we were supposed to do. Guides really helped but even some of them weren't fully completed!! As usual the comics were excellent. I always enjoy the artwork.

I REALLY hope we get a Space Faerie Token as plot prize. <3

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm a bit suprised that it ended so quickly. I was expecting the plot to go on for at least a few weeks. I didn't max out on all opponents and I didn't do that much testing because I thought there would be more steps and team steps didn't really count for much in the last few plots. If I had known this I probably would have tried a little harder.
The comic and puzzles were great, but like most people I would have liked to see a bit more correlation between the puzzles/what we were doing and the comic. And there are so many unanswered questions that I was expecting to be answered in this plot. What about the code for the mines, what exactly has Sloth to do with the lost isle etc etc.

But I've been thinking. Maybe it's not that the plot wasn't good, maybe it's just that we had to much expectations? I know that I had really high hopes when the plot was released, I know alot of other people had that too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:28 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

fructy wrote:
But I've been thinking. Maybe it's not that the plot wasn't good, maybe it's just that we had to much expectations? I know that I had really high hopes when the plot was released, I know alot of other people had that too.

I'd say that that's probably true for most people. I mean, it was Sloth's big return. Everyone was expecting awesomeness. Also, as someone, Pickles I think, said a couple pages back, this is probably the same plot from whenever it was they were planning it. Which was before the plots most people bring up when they talk about their favorite plots (LDP, ToW). This plot wasn't that bad. Maybe shorter than I'd of liked, and the steps felt a bit disconnected, but all in all it was pretty good. I'm especially fond of the mods (*gasp*) and the comics, though a bit predictable/cliche, were awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:30 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The epilogue totally makes up for any disappointment I might have harbored.

Given the stat of the Lost Island plot, I really didn't have particularly high expectations of this one. I did feel the disjointedness between the comics and the plot, and the team testing was just frustrating (I always always always got a team that hadn't done any research into how to proceed...) but the flare of triumph finishing the three-mods, and the triumph of finally finishing one token testing thing, and finally being able to rip into the Battledome again was actually really refreshing, and overall, I had a good time.

Yeah, it was short and it was kind of disappointing and they just sort of threw an ending at us, but eh; I really can't complain. For how long it lasted, I had fun. (Even the three-mods. Just... not token testing. When I did get a group that worked, it was great, but notsomuch when I could breeze through the mathematics steps and nobody else had quite figured out how it worked). It was really cool figuring out how to do the acids testing, though; I was proud of me for figuring that one out.

And, I got the four things I really wanted out of the plot: Sloth, fighting mutant grundos, the Silly Fate of Gormos, and the Cybunny scout's name. I'm quite satisfied.

Bring on the prizes. >.< Those three-mods better have been worth it.

My Dinomon needs your help!
Click here to feed him the flesh of the living!
Get your own at Dinomon!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:17 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I am glad that there was a plot- wanted to make that clear- but I didn't find it as much fun as others. I liked the plots where you go through a maze- the one where you had to pick up the items, and climb down a rope- that was one of my favorite things.

This one was extremely tedious and difficult- there's no way I could have figured out those mathematical formulae, and trying to work with three others at a time who might not know what they were doing- or not knowing what I was doing and not wanting to spoil the fun for the others- made me frustrated and uncomfortable. The three mods were quite tedious, but at least I could do them. I can understand that everybody combining their skills and working together is a good thing. I loved the grave digging game in the one plot, even though my slow dialup kept getting me kicked out. At least this time the dialup didn't seem to be a handicap.

I just didn't have fun- the only part I really liked was the part where we had to avoid the guards.

The comics were good, and I'm glad we had them to tell us what the story was. I felt they tied in well enough with the games.

But in the end, for me it wasn't as much fun as other plots have been, and I'd hoped for something longer- some more fun parts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

You know what this plot's ending felt like? KotOR II's ending. And we all well some of us, know what happened to that.

But it had the same rushed, cut off, oh-crap-we-need-to-finish-this-earlier-than-we-thought feel to it.

MayEdit: New split here

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10