Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr Sloth - individual challenges
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It would appear that *some* of the compounds have formulas for the individual Acids. I ventured over to the neoboards, where several users have been working together. From what I've gathered, each different compound looks to have a different formula.

I can confirm that I just used the formula they suggested for Neopium, and got the following message:
Quote:
*BZZT* Congratulations! You have successfully created a usable quantity of perneopic acid, which will be added to the globally available pool of perneopic acid used in testing Duplicate Space Faerie Tokens.

**Don't forget if you're using the formulas, to convert your mm to cm before you start calculating.**

Edit: Removed links as they removed info and link amarise posted later is much better.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

Last edited by Pickles on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:44 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

theonlysaneone wrote:
Don't do it by grams, do it by kilograms. Most of these turn out to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 60,000 grams, and even at 1 second per gram, that would take about 17 hours to complete. I shudder to think what would happen if someone entered a number in the hundreds of thousands in there and was stuck not being able to do anything for the rest of the plot.

There's a cap on the time you can set for the reaction--400 seconds, I think. One of my initial attempts at a formula gave me a result a little over that, and it rejected the number.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I've seen a couple of people say they've gotten the acid test one completed once or twice, but I can't find a mention of a formula. Is there one somewhere now?

edhriel on neopets
DryadSong

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

For anyone who wants to try the individual acid step:

http://www.neopets.com/~SchwoazzaToifl

The formulas are not 100% perfect, but there's a really good success rate. For alternate formulas, or different petpages, look for a thread on the Sloth Plot board titled Acid Production Testing Board.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:36 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I just can't do this part of the plot. It's so hard and I'm just lost totally. Till I understand what the hell I have to do the next step will come so I really don't see me even attempting to do this.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I used the formula suggested by the graphs on one of the sites for the acid test and it worked. It took a few tries, and I tried to get one of the metals that had a good graph and so a good chance of working.

I also got the rod test for multiple players, but it was very frustrating when players kept dropping out or just didn't get it. I stayed for an hour on one where a player got it a couple times so I thought they had it figured out and all I had to do was to wait for two more players who might have it to come in, but the player missed regularly. So I eventually gave up and went to a different room.

The next two multiple players are very confusing to me. I think that I could do them, thanks to all the explanations given, but to work with three other people who may have no clue just really doesn't appeal. If I had to do it on my own, I think I could, but they look too hard to risk the struggle of doing them and then having up to three others mess up, or for me to mess up and frustrate other players who have it. So I decided to not try those- too difficult and needing to be done too quickly for my uncoordinated hands.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Acid making works sometimes, but its confusing to say the least. Sometimes you round up, other times you round down, but at least I got a few correct

*Spring forward, Fall back*

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:33 pm 

I am trying to do the first test the one where you melt a bunch of metal scraps into something. I have read the posts but I'm still not sure of what I'm suppose to do. Am I supposs to multiply the Mass of each metal by the % of each item in it's composition?
Like this:

Mass: 4.4 kg
Composition:
9.1% Zafarium = .4004
45.5% Xweetite = 2.002
45.5% Neopium = 2.002

Am I doing it right? Could someone check my math?

If I am doing it right, once I do the above, then what do I do with this information? Do I find another piece of metal with the same componant and the figure of the two add up to the goal kg for that componant?

Also I made screan shots of my choices of metal so I could do the math on all the componants. Now today all the metal scraps are different and all the numbers underneath are different. Do they change each time? How do you keep track of what you have tried if they change each time? Could someone please walk me through this slowly and clearly? Math was never my best subject.

Thank you

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸*¤*¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
«´¨`•.¤*Kathryn *¤.•´¨`»
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´*¤*`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:08 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

kathryn, yes, you've got the first step right. I found this guide to be the most helpful, as far as step by step instructions on this part: http://www.neopets.com/~Nikitachi

Now what you'll want to do is repeat that step for all the other pieces of scrap metal you've been given. If you leave at this point and then come back, you'll have the same ones. But if you "complete" this step (as in choose what to melt down, then succeed OR fail) and then try to make another rod, you'll get 10 different pieces of scrap metal.

Once you have the composition of all ten pieces, go over all of them and group each amount by *element*. In other words, put all your Neopium amounts together, all your Faerillium amounts together, and so on. My personal list looks something like this (I abbreviated all the elements to save space and writing time):

Md: 1.1, 2.0, 1.9, 0.1, 1.0
Sl: 1.8, 0.9, 0.1, 0.1
Ty: 1.0, 0.8, 0.8, 2.0
Xw: 1.9

and so on. Your numbers will very likely be different.

Now, check the 3-2 list on the pet page I linked you to. That list is of the amount of each element needed to successfully create a rod of that element. That is, it shows you how much Xweetite you need to create a Xweetite rod. So far, so good?

You can get that amount in one of two ways:

1) One of your scrap metal pieces will have the exact amount of whatever element to create a rod. Example: According to that list, you need 1.8 kg of Zafarium to make a Zafarium rod. Well, let's say that one of your scrap metal pieces just happens to contain this EXACT amount, based on your calculations. If this is the case, ONLY choose that ONE piece of metal, and melt it down. Soon, you'll have your rod.

2) If 1) does not apply to you, then go back to your list that's grouped by elements. Add each of those numbers together. For example, going back to my list above:

Md: 1.1 + 2.0 + 1.9 + 0.1 + 1.0 = 6.1
Sl: 1.8 + 0.9 + 0.1 + 0.1 = 2.9
Ty: 1.0 + 0.8 + 0.8 + 2.0 = 4.6

and so on. Now look at the totals you have and compare them to the list on the guide. If you've done your math correctly, only one element total will match up exactly with one on the list. Once you've identified that element, go back and locate the pieces of scrap metal that have this element in it. Select them, and melt those together.

Keep in mind, though, that the furnace can only handle 10 kg of metal total. So far, every time I've had to follow my step 2), the pieces of metal also came under this limit and so I didn't have to worry about it. BUT, it's something to keep in mind. It's possible that you may not need to include every piece of the scrap metal that contains that element, but just the ones that add up to the required total.

EDIT: You might have to do some extra calculating after all.

For example, I just made a rod out of Faeryllium this way. Out of all the scrap metal pieces I'd been given, 5 contained Faeryllium. According to the list, 5.3 kg is needed to create a Faeryllium rod. However, when I added my 5 pieces up, it came to 6.7 kg - too much. But 6.7-5.3=1.4, so if I could shave 1.4 kg off, I could make a Faeryllium rod. Here's what I had:

Fae: 0.2, 1.4, 1.2, 1.9, 2.0

Aha! I have a piece in there that contained exactly 1.4 kg! So I set it aside and added up the total mass of the pieces I had left - but I couldn't use them, because their combined total mass was 10.2 kg- too much for the furnace to handle. That wouldn't work...but now I notice I've also got a piece with 0.2 kg and another with 1.2 kg. 0.2+1.2=1.4. If I leave those two out, that leaves me with 1.4+1.9+2.0, which adds up to the 5.3 kg I need. Add up the total mass of those three pieces, and it comes under the 10 kg limit. I toss 'em in the furnace, and 180 sconds later, boom, success.

If my explanation's confusing, the guide I linked to (also linked to elsewhere in this thread) does a better job overall of explaining things and guiding you through the process. Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:25 am 

Thank you Rakumel. Your post was not confusing and I appreciate your taking the trouble to go through the whole thing in detail.

EDIT: Do I only need to make one of each rod? Because I just got a page that none of the elements I haven't already made add up to the right amounts. So I was wondering if I am suppose to make more than one of each rod. And if so how do you know when you are done?
Thanks

MayEdit: Please do not double-post. If you were the last to post and you have something to add, please use the handy "edit" button in the lower right corner of your post. Thank you. :)

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸*¤*¸.•'´)¸.•'´)
«´¨`•.¤*Kathryn *¤.•´¨`»
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´*¤*`'•.¸)`'•.¸)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:14 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Rakumel wrote:
kathryn, yes, you've got the first step right. I found this guide to be the most helpful, as far as step by step instructions on this part: http://www.neopets.com/~Nikitachi

Now what you'll want to do is repeat that step for all the other pieces of scrap metal you've been given. If you leave at this point and then come back, you'll have the same ones. But if you "complete" this step (as in choose what to melt down, then succeed OR fail) and then try to make another rod, you'll get 10 different pieces of scrap metal.

Once you have the composition of all ten pieces, go over all of them and group each amount by *element*. In other words, put all your Neopium amounts together, all your Faerillium amounts together, and so on. My personal list looks something like this (I abbreviated all the elements to save space and writing time):

Md: 1.1, 2.0, 1.9, 0.1, 1.0
Sl: 1.8, 0.9, 0.1, 0.1
Ty: 1.0, 0.8, 0.8, 2.0
Xw: 1.9

and so on. Your numbers will very likely be different.

Now, check the 3-2 list on the pet page I linked you to. That list is of the amount of each element needed to successfully create a rod of that element. That is, it shows you how much Xweetite you need to create a Xweetite rod. So far, so good?

You can get that amount in one of two ways:

1) One of your scrap metal pieces will have the exact amount of whatever element to create a rod. Example: According to that list, you need 1.8 kg of Zafarium to make a Zafarium rod. Well, let's say that one of your scrap metal pieces just happens to contain this EXACT amount, based on your calculations. If this is the case, ONLY choose that ONE piece of metal, and melt it down. Soon, you'll have your rod.

2) If 1) does not apply to you, then go back to your list that's grouped by elements. Add each of those numbers together. For example, going back to my list above:

Md: 1.1 + 2.0 + 1.9 + 0.1 + 1.0 = 6.1
Sl: 1.8 + 0.9 + 0.1 + 0.1 = 2.9
Ty: 1.0 + 0.8 + 0.8 + 2.0 = 4.6

and so on. Now look at the totals you have and compare them to the list on the guide. If you've done your math correctly, only one element total will match up exactly with one on the list. Once you've identified that element, go back and locate the pieces of scrap metal that have this element in it. Select them, and melt those together.

Keep in mind, though, that the furnace can only handle 10 kg of metal total. So far, every time I've had to follow my step 2), the pieces of metal also came under this limit and so I didn't have to worry about it. BUT, it's something to keep in mind. It's possible that you may not need to include every piece of the scrap metal that contains that element, but just the ones that add up to the required total.

EDIT: You might have to do some extra calculating after all.

For example, I just made a rod out of Faeryllium this way. Out of all the scrap metal pieces I'd been given, 5 contained Faeryllium. According to the list, 5.3 kg is needed to create a Faeryllium rod. However, when I added my 5 pieces up, it came to 6.7 kg - too much. But 6.7-5.3=1.4, so if I could shave 1.4 kg off, I could make a Faeryllium rod. Here's what I had:

Fae: 0.2, 1.4, 1.2, 1.9, 2.0

Aha! I have a piece in there that contained exactly 1.4 kg! So I set it aside and added up the total mass of the pieces I had left - but I couldn't use them, because their combined total mass was 10.2 kg- too much for the furnace to handle. That wouldn't work...but now I notice I've also got a piece with 0.2 kg and another with 1.2 kg. 0.2+1.2=1.4. If I leave those two out, that leaves me with 1.4+1.9+2.0, which adds up to the 5.3 kg I need. Add up the total mass of those three pieces, and it comes under the 10 kg limit. I toss 'em in the furnace, and 180 sconds later, boom, success.

If my explanation's confusing, the guide I linked to (also linked to elsewhere in this thread) does a better job overall of explaining things and guiding you through the process. Hope this helps!

Thank you VERY much, now I finally now what I'm supposed to do. so btw is this step similar to the BD in which we can do it on and on but never finishes?

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:11 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

kathrynmw1 wrote:
Thank you Rakumel. Your post was not confusing and I appreciate your taking the trouble to go through the whole thing in detail.

EDIT: Do I only need to make one of each rod? Because I just got a page that none of the elements I haven't already made add up to the right amounts. So I was wondering if I am suppose to make more than one of each rod. And if so how do you know when you are done?
Thanks

If I understand your question correctly, yes, you can make more than one type of rod. I know I've made at least two Tyrannanium ones. And to kind of answer yours and karnatu's questions at once, this step doesn't have an end, at least, not until TNT says so. In other words, you're not going to get a message that says, "Congratulations! You've made an entire set of testing rods!" You basically just keep making them over and over until you get sick of it, if you want. :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2