Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dr Sloth and the Evil Overlord List
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:22 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hi everyone!
You may recall that I posted on the Plot splits about the evil overlord rules that Dr Sloth has contravened.
For those of you who don't know, the evil overlord rules are a list of things that you should do if you want to be a successful evil overlord (like Sloth is trying to be).

The list begins with the following statement:
Being an Evil Overlord seems to be a good career choice. It pays well, there are all sorts of perks and you can set your own hours. However every Evil Overlord I've read about in books or seen in movies invariably gets overthrown and destroyed in the end. I've noticed that no matter whether they are barbarian lords, deranged wizards, mad scientists or alien invaders, they always seem to make the same basic mistakes every single time. With that in mind, allow me to present...The top 100 things I'd do if I was an evil overlord....

So I thought it might be fun, while we're waiting for the next plot step, to go through the comics and see where Dr Sloth has screwed up.

For example:
Chapter 1, page 3, panels 4-6.
Rule contravened #2: My ventilation ducts will be too small to crawl through.

Chapter 2, page 5, panel 6/
Rule contravened #1: My Legions of Terror will have helmets with clear plexiglass visors, not face-concealing ones.

I've spotted a few more out there but I'll leave them for you to find and post here.
The evil overlord list is at: http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

Happy plotting!

This very cool comic followed PPTers suggestions

Post subject: Re: Dr Sloth and the Evil Overlord List
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

No monologuing. Win first, then gloat.

No big red button for the hero to push and defeat the villain with a single button.

Don't leave plans or critical information just laying around.

Don't reveal plans to anyone. Keep all information in your own head.

If allergic to any food or substance, try to make sure no one ever found out about it.

Be mysterious, but now and then, let people see that you do in fact exist.

Don't have a secret lair. Move around. Never rest. Sleep seldom.

Prepare your own food, or someone might poison you.

Keep in good physical shape. It would be a shame to have a heart attack during battle.

Learn many fighting techniques. Don't let anyone learn to predict your next move.

Don't clone yourself. One of your clones might turn against you.

Learn to feel numb. You can have emotions after you win.

Become a master of disguises.

Confuse the gullible. Make your subjects think they want you as ruler. Make them think things will actually be better if they are under your control. Give them enough of a taste of what life will be like under your control, that they can't remember what life was like before. Brainwash everyone so that they can't imagine life to be any different. Convince them that they NEED YOU that they are HELPLESS without your control.

This pretty much reminds me of some real life villains. There are many who would convince the world that they are good. People learn to put up with anything in order to continue to live the lives they have grown accustomed to.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:35 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

5. "The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness."

Space Faerie token that's probably hidden in some far-off reaches of the Station?

My Dinomon needs your help!
Click here to feed him the flesh of the living!
Get your own at Dinomon!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:19 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

65. If I must have computer systems with publically available terminals, the maps they display of my complex will have a room clearly marked as the Main Control Room. That room will be the Execution Chamber. The actual main control room will be marked as Sewage Overflow Containment.

I'm going to say that this would apply to secret millitary messages as well. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:02 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Here is another: Don't have a really cool mutant pet with a cute name like Fluffy. If Fluffy dies, you can bet you are next.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:44 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

smudgeoffudge - we're looking at the evil overlord list as it applies to things Sloth has actually done in the cartoon. Not that I don't appreciate your addition to the list, but it's not what this topic's about!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:37 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

20: "Despite its proven stress-relieving effect, I will not indulge in maniacal laughter. When so occupied, it's too easy to miss unexpected developments that a more attentive individual could adjust to accordingly."

First page of chapter 8, he's laughing maniacally. Another violation! :P

29: "I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."

So far, Sloth's been wearing his usual black robe with high collar, which seems to be the standard in evil attire. However, I'm pretty sure there's been at least one Caption Contest where he was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and swim trunks - so surely he's got to be aware of this rule?

17: "When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice."
- and -
91: "I will not ignore the messenger that stumbles in exhausted and obviously agitated until my personal grooming or current entertainment is finished. It might actually be important."

Chapter 9, second page, where he's getting his portrait painted. While he's not exactly ignoring what-his-name, he isn't taking the guy's advice seriously, which could prove to be just as bad. :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]