Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr Sloth [Split 8]
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:45 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

(This post was being written when the forum went down.. :( )

You know what? I'm sure someone noticed this as soon as the top post started linking to the Orn codestone symbol... But to point out where the symbol meanings come from (again?)...

me, from before wrote:
X = 1 mod n
V = 2 mod n
C = 3 mod n
8 = 4 mod n
P = 5 mod n (this symbol is also known as mushroom)
Z = 6 mod n (if necessary)
O = 7 mod n (if necessary)

Compare the above ordering to:

codestone1.gif: Image Mau, X = 1
codestone2.gif: Image Tai-kai, V = 2, rotated so that the 'bottom' (dirty) edge of the stone is in the same orientation as the others
codestone3.gif: Image Lu, C = 3
codestone4.gif: Image Vo, 8 = 4
codestone5.gif: Image Eo, skipped - maybe looks too similar to Mau (also an X)?
codestone6.gif: Image Main, P = 5
codestone7.gif: Image Zei, Z = 6
codestone8.gif: Image Orn, O = 7

...I'm almost certain that this was intentional, and TNT set this up at least to be digit-based, not brute force. We might even still be missing something which would help out on codes...is there anywhere on the site that produces strings of codestones, or strings of numbers?

I'd be on the watch for these symbols to possibly reappear in a future step of the plot...

There are two more codestones, of course, in addition to the skipped Eo:
Image Har = 8?
Image Bri = 9?

Both of these might need to be rotated to match the orientations of the other stones.

The obvious thing is that they might eventually encode the authorization code for the mines, but that's kinda flimsy. They skipped the Eo stone, and the authorization numbers are out of ten digits (with only nine codestones left). Still, the code might not have zero in it, or they might just use Eo anyway, but an X with a dot to the top instead of the bottom.

I'm also curious about those who say they have a different assignment of numbers. What's the assignment(s), and, especially, why is it different?

~Habitual over-analyzer

Last edited by TDG on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Removed link just to be on the safe side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:12 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ah, yeah, I saw the Codestone connection. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but now that I am... that's really cool.

I wasn't around during the plot, although I do remember when you could still find the entire thing from the Space Station (I remember looking for it a while ago and not being able to find it, quite disheartening). When the Space Station was first released, codestones were released in tandem. Since the Battledome -- and consequently training -- didn't yet exist, they were used for a different purpose; decoding the Space Faerie's message (a certain number had to be donated to... I can't remember who... and after the number was met, the next part of that plot would go on).

That's interesting how they tied together decoding using codestones with... more decoding using codestones. Only with actual decoding elements, and simply referencing codestone symbols.

My Dinomon needs your help!
Click here to feed him the flesh of the living!
Get your own at Dinomon!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I say the person who invented the codes part needs his/her own level in whack-a-staff so we can vent our frustrations.

And I am dying for the next part personally, I hope its soon.

Am looking to refer a few people to premium! Want a referal please contact me!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oooh, AySz88, thanks for posting the link! I might go back and do the last three now. Might. (I'm not quite sure if I'm that crazy yet. We'll see how bored I get this week.)

I didn't have time to post my opinion about the editorial, since it went up *right* before I left work (when I posted it), but yeah. I'm definitely very pleased with the nod to older players. It's about time TNT took a chance to acknowledge that we exist, especially with all the "childizing" as of late. As much as I hate to say it, I kinda am hoping for more complicated brutality this plot (yes, y'all can kill me later if it comes). I can't help it, I'm drawn to a challenge!
At the same time, I can see how it's frustrating for the younger kids who do want to participate.

As for more steps - I wish they had released something else this weekend, as I have Monday off, but at the same time, the break not only allowed me to catch up on other things that needed to be done, but it let my younger brother finally catch up (he doesn't get to play much with me around to answer questions/explain things). Not only did the stinker do most of the 1 and 2-mods in his head (ugh, mathematical genius!), but he ended up only having to do one 7-mod - he picked the right one on his first try. Of course, since he can keep track of multiple columns in his head, he didn't even have to try anywhere near all the combinations as he was super-intelligent-brute-forcing it.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:54 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Sylence wrote:
I say the person who invented the codes part needs his/her own level in whack-a-staff so we can vent our frustrations.

And I am dying for the next part personally, I hope its soon.

:roflol:

I'd play that level of whack-a-staff...lol...

is silently happy everyone is liking the word "childize" because it fits the situation of Neopets so nicely

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:28 pm 

AySz88, thanks so much for posting that link to the second puzzle. I'm one of those crazy people who was tempted to solve all the puzzles, but my browser died and once I reopened it, I could only get the continue screen. I kept hoping that there was some way to get back to the puzzle solving screen. Now I can go bash my head against the rest of the codes. Thanks! :D

~ wintersoul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

wintersoul wrote:
AySz88, thanks so much for posting that link to the second puzzle. I'm one of those crazy people who was tempted to solve all the puzzles, but my browser died and once I reopened it, I could only get the continue screen. I kept hoping that there was some way to get back to the puzzle solving screen. Now I can go bash my head against the rest of the codes. Thanks! :D

~ wintersoul

I felt a certain urgency about finishing the codes, especially when the next step came out so quickly. I was afraid they would close up the code section before I had completed it. I haven't looked at what AySz88 linked to, but even if I could go back and just for fun do the rest of the codes (just for fun????) there's no way!!! Even with the idea of just playing with them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm abou to bite something or someone with frustration. I don't get any of the guides! All those charts and numbers and stuff, I've tried and I don't get them. Rawr. I guess I'm in the middle because, while I don't like how they're childising and kiddyising (Yes, they are spelt with an S, not a Z [zed] [/off topic rant]) the site, I really am finding these difficult. Rawr, again.
Maybe I should just skip those plot.
But I don't wanna! It seems really intricate! o_O
*dilemma*

I don't exist. omo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:23 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

AySz88 wrote:
...I'm almost certain that this was intentional, and TNT set this up at least to be digit-based, not brute force. We might even still be missing something which would help out on codes...is there anywhere on the site that produces strings of codestones, or strings of numbers?

That's a really good idea. I've never seen one, but that doesn't mean anything.

ChaosShadow wrote:
Since the Battledome -- and consequently training -- didn't yet exist, they were used for a different purpose; decoding the Space Faerie's message (a certain number had to be donated to... I can't remember who... and after the number was met, the next part of that plot would go on).

I believe it was the Island Mystic. (Back when he wasn't a Kyrii...lol) The coding part kind of makes you feel sorry for him. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Helena wrote:
I'm abou to bite something or someone with frustration. I don't get any of the guides! All those charts and numbers and stuff, I've tried and I don't get them. Rawr. I guess I'm in the middle because, while I don't like how they're childising and kiddyising (Yes, they are spelt with an S, not a Z [zed] [/off topic rant]) the site, I really am finding these difficult. Rawr, again.
Maybe I should just skip those plot.
But I don't wanna! It seems really intricate! o_O
*dilemma*

Just keep trying. You'll be able to do it. :)

And now childizing is officially a word because someone has Britishized it. :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

AySz88 wrote:

Well, the Volcano requires sets of 10 regular codestones to make red codestones, but I don't think there's a connection. For one thing, where would the Har and Eo stones fit in? (The list the Volcano is currently asking me for includes a Har and a couple of Eos, and I don't think it's changed since before the plot started.)

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:
And now childizing is officially a word because someone has Britishized it. :P

Personally, I prefer "childifying" or "kiddifying". They lend themselves to constructions like "the kiddification of Neopets". :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I prefer "childization" myself. :) As in, the childization of Neopets.

To everyone still working on the mods...keep pluggin!

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:15 pm 

im new to these ppt fourms... but anywho,
i managed 2 complete step 2 of the plot after who knows how many days
and now im stuck on the final leval of the guards thingy
and what sucks is that there isnt any cheats to help me out because the guards move randomly
grr...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

xjamiexmariex wrote:
and what sucks is that there isnt any cheats to help me out because the guards move randomly
grr...

Hide behind a civilian, jumping back and forth, until a guard comes near. As soon as you can, pounce on him. Its pretty easy to take out the guards on this level - MUCH easier than the one prior to it. Just look for Cylara's parents in the north west corner and head towards them.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:34 pm 

Matrinka wrote:
xjamiexmariex wrote:
grr...

Hide behind a civilian, jumping back and forth, until a guard comes near. As soon as you can, pounce on him. Its pretty easy to take out the guards on this level - MUCH easier than the one prior to it. Just look for Cylara's parents in the north west corner and head towards them.

thanks, i forgot i could pounce on them :D

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next