Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Return of Dr Sloth [Split 6]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Previous Thread

ATTENTION

!! Please make sure all your posts are coherent, and that you have spelled all words to the best of your ability. Also, please try to use correct grammar.

PLEASE keep all posts on topic. If you would like to speak to someone personally or off-topic, PM them.

=====COMICS=====
Chapter 1 (29th Jan)
Chapter 2 (1st Feb)
Chapter 3 (5th Feb)
Chapter 4 (8th feb)

=====Helpful Links=====
Wondering about whether you’re ready to battle, if it comes to that? Check out the Weapon Advice & Recommendations thread!

If you're new to PPT forums, and are just joining for our comprehensive & helpful plot assistance, please remember to read The Rules!

=====PLOT ASSISTANCE=====

Step One - Maintenance Tunnels (30th Jan)

The plot begins! The Maintenance Tunnels appeared under the space station map. At the Maintenance Tunnels, if you click on the left hand tunnel, you get directed to this Game in which you must orientate the bubble/arrow things to get Gorix through the maze.

Using the arrows, you have to change the direction he will go when he reaches particular turns, and then press go. While Gorix is walking you cannot change anything. Conveniently, the direction of a particular arrow will change going clockwise each time Gorix walks across it.

Solutions
Blatantly stolen from Siouxper's post here and re-formatted by the lovely Alex.
(Note - these are not the only solutions, there are many combinations that will finish the level)

MAZE 1
Arrow points DOWN

MAZE 2
The four arrows in a straight line, point (left to right), LEFT, UP, DOWN, RIGHT.
The remaining arrow points RIGHT.

MAZE 3
Arrow by itself on the left points LEFT
Top arrows point (left to right) RIGHT, DOWN
Arrow by itself on the bottom points DOWN

MAZE 4
Arrows along the top point (left to right) UP, RIGHT, RIGHT
Two arrows in the middle row point LEFT, RIGHT
Leftmost arrow in the bottom row points UP (other two can be ignored)

MAZE 5
Top arrows point DOWN, LEFT, DOWN, LEFT
Bottom arrows point DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN
*Note, for this one, let the robots close the doors themselves - you don't have to do anything except wait.

Once you have completed the mazes, go back to the Maintenance Tunnels and you'll find a new door that has opened.

Step Two - Breaking Military Grade Encryptions (5th Feb)

!!!DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT USING A DECODER PROGRAM OR POSTING LINKS TO ONE HERE!!!

1. Go here
2. Press "4"
3. Press "2"
4. Cry because the next part is super hard
5. Keep trying different mails till you find one with only one Modifier box. Start here.

Drag the different alien sentance fragments from the left into the modifier box. Keep trying until your "Result" matches your "Target". Its guess and check at this stage.

Once your result matches your target, the mail will be translated. Now repeat for all the single modifiers. Simple huh? Yeah - try doing it with more than one modifier.

Please note - you must do all the single modifiers before it is possible to do the double modifiers. The same for the triples in regards to the doubles

These two petpages are very helpful

http://www.neopets.com/~_Blue___Berry_ <--- for 2 mod encryptions
http://www.neopets.com/~charmander2058 <--- for 3 mod encryptions
http://www.neopets.com/~Vulpixxx20 <--- for 3 mod encryptions with O as a possible symbol

Guide from ELiPteK in the spoiler box below.

Hints:
- What are numbers anyways? Aren't they too just symbols?
- I hope you like linear algebra!
- The modifiers "operate" on symbols in the key

Solution:
The symbols are just integers written in an alien language. Each symbol in the "modifier" performs an operation on the corresponding symbol in the "key". If you are familiar with the modulus operator from discrete mathematics, then you can probably anticipate where I'm going with this!

The symbols have the following values:
"C shape" = 0
"V shape" = 1
"X shape" = 2
"mushroom" = 3
"figure 8" = 4
etc...

All you need to do is figure out what you need to add to the key to get the target. Anything above the highest available symbol makes you roll back to zero.

...The only other thing you need to know is that the codes with multiple modifiers may perform an automatic operation on the key. I found, for instance, that the codes with two modifiers automatically subtract 1 from the key!

Hope that helps!! (Let me know if you have any questions)

(More guides hopefully coming soon)

Step Three - Escaping the Guards (7th Feb)

http://www.neopets.com/space/ros/bay.phtml

Note: You can only participate in Step Three if you have previously completed Step Two.

=====A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME...ERRR, PLOT=====
Around 4 years ago, the "in things" were Neopets Trading Cards (exactly how "in" Trading Cards are is an entirely preferential opinion...). Neopets would put out booster packs, as so many card companies do, and one such pack was the Return of Dr Sloth TCG kit.

To accompany the release of the Return of Dr Sloth TCG, Neopets were intending on releasing a Return of Dr Sloth plot. However, time constraints and a certain annoying Usul's plot prevented them from being able to ever actually release it. After post phoning it a few times, they just decided to scrap it and focus on making the next plot - a Curse on Maraqua - better.

Believing they'd never do the Return of Dr Sloth plot, TNT began (creating and) releasing the games they had set to tie in with the plot - IE: The Return of the Return of Dr Sloth, Escape to Kreludor and Moon Rock Rampage - but what to do about those awesome characters (and their escapades) that featured in the TCG expansion pack and in the games?

Simple - throw together some articles in the Gallery of Heroes that detail what the plot was going to be like, release some cool looking items and pretend like the events actually happened in Neopia, but not in the Neopets.com realm of users, plots, events etc.

Now, TNT (in an awesome move) have decided to revisit the Return of Dr Sloth plot in all its chicken-headed glory. Unfortunately, as they didn't want their characters and games to go to waste, the plot's rough outline is already detailed throughout the site. Long story short? There are articles, games and cards that explain what the expected plot will be. Short story long? Anything by DickensKoL ftw

Chapter three of the comic has revealed freakishly tall anthropomorphic Ixis, cool BING-ing retinal scanners, awesome golden statues of Sloth that should be immediately restored to their glorious previous positions and the fact that the Space Faerie's help is out of the question. What does this mean for our Heroes? Why are the maintenance tunnels so painfully designed? Will I be right in my assumptions about the Mysterious Cloaked Lupe? I don't know, but discuss it here!

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject: Re: Return of Dr Sloth [Split 6]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:42 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Okay, so I posted the last post on the previous sloth board and I'm guessing no-one will read it.
So I hope the mods don't mind me posting it again because I really need help with this!

No-one answered my previous post so I'm going to ask it again and hope someone takes pity on me!
Ok, I'm really confused
I'm up to my 2-mods (I checked the others and there were only 2- and 3-mods left)
Now I've got the equation worked out and everything, and the petpet page with the chart (http://www.neopets.com/~_Blue___Berry_) seems to have the right thing going for it BUT
I can't seem to get it to work because all the mods don't have the symbol I need.

For example (I've tried to use letters to represent the symbols as closely as I can. If you're confused I can describe a bit more):
Key: V
Result: C
using that page gives me
Mod1: C
Mod2: Z

However none of my mods answers have the Z symbol in them so I can't do any of the mods.

HELP!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Shouldn't you add the info on the latest activity?

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:46 pm 

I'm a little slow..but can anybody explain to me how to do Step Two - Breaking Military Grade Encryptions...i don't quite understand it..

WILL ANYBODY EXPLAIN IT TO ME?? I'M NOT ASKING FOR CHEATS OR ANYTHING....

Last edited by nativebeauty_2006 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Katdragon wrote:
Okay, so I posted the last post on the previous sloth board and I'm guessing no-one will read it.
So I hope the mods don't mind me posting it again because I really need help with this!

No-one answered my previous post so I'm going to ask it again and hope someone takes pity on me!
Ok, I'm really confused
I'm up to my 2-mods (I checked the others and there were only 2- and 3-mods left)
Now I've got the equation worked out and everything, and the petpet page with the chart (http://www.neopets.com/~_Blue___Berry_) seems to have the right thing going for it BUT
I can't seem to get it to work because all the mods don't have the symbol I need.

For example (I've tried to use letters to represent the symbols as closely as I can. If you're confused I can describe a bit more):
Key: V
Result: C
using that page gives me
Mod1: C
Mod2: Z

However none of my mods answers have the Z symbol in them so I can't do any of the mods.

HELP!

There is more than one solution for each Key and Result....keep going down the list on the site until you see the next set of two mods that will give you the result you need.
x & v will also give you the result of C
Quote:
I'm a little slow..but can anybody explain to me how to do Step Two - Breaking Military Grade Encryptions...i don't quite understand it..if anybody wants to help just message me please....

Okay, when you get the start up screen, click in it and type 4 using the numbers above the letters on keyboard, not the numbers on the keypad. You will get "invalid entry" and a set of numbers to choose from--type 2. This will bring up 20 encrypted message lines. Start at the top and check to see if the message is a one, two, or three modifier (lines you need to drag into box). Start with the one modifier messages and go through process of elimination as to which line of code is the correct one. After all the one modifiers are done, start on the two modifier messages. You can either go through entirely by elimination (1&2, 1&3, etc.) or you can use the code help sites that show the combinations that will bring a symbol in the key to the symbol in the results line and do elimination from there. After you have finished all the two modifiers, start in on the three modifiers that *DO NOT* say incomplete data. As you solve the three modifiers the ones with incomplete data will get the data needed to be solved.

Last edited by Deevil on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
cybertrini wrote:

I'm getting to it...I'm not superhuman though and can only do one thing at a time :P

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:51 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Deevil wrote:
There is more than one solution for each Key and Result....keep going down the list on the site until you see the next set of two mods that will give you the result you need.
x & v will also give you the result of C

Phew, that makes me feel much better! I can go and have breakfast now :)
Thanks muchly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:55 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

May wrote:
cybertrini wrote:

I'm getting to it...I'm not superhuman though and can only do one thing at a time :P

Sorry, my bad *hangs head in shame*

(edit) Time for me to go home peoples. To all those still trying to decrypt, may any and all of the gods be with you.

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

nativebeauty_2006 wrote:
I'm a little slow..but can anybody explain to me how to do Step Two - Breaking Military Grade Encryptions...i don't quite understand it..

WILL ANYBODY EXPLAIN IT TO ME?? I'M NOT ASKING FOR CHEATS OR ANYTHING....

Basically you have to drag the symbols into the the modifiers to get the target. It adds the key and the mods together to bring out the target.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:04 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

cybertrini wrote:
To all those still trying to decrypt, may any and all of the gods be with you.

It wouldn't be quite so bad if my job didn't have me sitting in front of a computer proofing and editing text that was run through an ocular reader for 10 hours a day. By the time I get home I do not need be staring at symbols in glowing green text for hours on end.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Ahh, this step is a refreshing break from those encryption puzzles. <3 That was actually fun, and it was great taking out every single guard in each level. (They began to look like tarantulas to me, so it was doubly fun. :D )

I am shocked they put out a new step so quickly, though. I was convinced that we wouldn't get anything new to work on until Monday. This may sound weird, but did anyone else think that that first closeup of Sloth was creepy awesomness? xP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:18 am 

I'm having the same problem as someone else, the symbols I need aren't listed on the key. (yes, I've looked at everysingle one). I need a symbol (I'd describe it as a "planet") it is a green vertical oval with a green dot in the middle. Also, My codes have stopped yielding the corresponding result.

On a separate note, I've noticed you don't have to put them in EXACT order. If you have 1,2,3 you can put it 3,2,1; 2,1,3,... You'll get the same result any which way.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:21 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Okay the new puzzle seems fairly easy except i am stuck now, i am on one of the bigger screens and i keep getting caught? Can't seem to find the right way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

~Tara~ wrote:
Okay the new puzzle seems fairly easy except i am stuck now, i am on one of the bigger screens and i keep getting caught? Can't seem to find the right way to go.

It changes every time. Notice the guards move differently every time you are caught.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:22 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I have been waiting so long for a Sloth plot but I am honestly thinking of giving up because of the codes. I've finished the one and two modifier codes but I don't know if I can do any more.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next