Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Return of Dr Sloth [Split 6]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Locetic wrote:
i didnt see the links on the last page maybe i missed them. anyways the problem im having is going from the key to target line, iv e used some of the links on the first page but they dont seem to match up, i will use the symbols they have as modifiers and i get something completely different sometimes. i know there is a math equation or something to figure it out, ive seen people use #s and lines of 0 and 1, i iguess im confused on what ones to try. sorry if not specifci having hard time explaining it, i look at all the options and it confuses me lol if you need more information i will try to describe it better

Sorry my link didn't work. Pickles posted (on p. 8 of this thread) links to several users' explanations on how to solve the 3-mod puzzles. One of those might help you (or Arka's description right above). If the solution changes, you're probably trying one of the 3-mod puzzles with the "O" symbol -- you can check to see if you have "incomplete data" on the page. If that's the case, you can't do that 3-mod puzzle yet; you have to complete one or two without the extra symbol first. The codes change with the new symbol, so you have to use the correct petpage for the type of puzzle you're doing.

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:16 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

So... going off-site isn't okay anymore? Will this board be shut down because of what TNT said?!

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:37 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Matrinka wrote:
Something just still irks me about the decree about outside programs helping with the plot. While I do understand that Neopets is being run how TNT see best, and ultimately, I have no power over the rules... I just want to know why the calculator was deemed "bad" but the star mapper is A-OK. I can speculate that it has to do with one being a logic problem and the other a spacial problem... but it just doesn't feel right. They accomplish the same thing, generally. I wish that they would tell us the difference in the two situations rather than restate the rules.

The thing to remember is this: This is the first major plot since Adam and Donna haven't been here.

Goodbye good-ole-days and Hello Corporately-Owned Neopets. While things like the star-mapper were fine with Neopets before, perhaps the new owners don't like them for some odd reason. Why? I don't know. Supposedly "for your own good." Personally I find it ridiculous, but if they want to run their business in a way that users don't like, that's their perogative. Hopefully, that message in the Neopian Times does not mean PPT is no longer allowed. PPT is actually one of the main reasons I play. I enjoy the interaction with other users and I'm smart enough not to give my information to people on the Neoboards or PPT Forum.

Users are not happy with this decision of Neopets, as far as I can tell. So this doesn't even make sense business-wise. What are you thinking, Viacom?

Anyway. I've heard a lot about "double-standard" and all that. I was just saying that this is not the same Neopets anymore. The New Member owners have taken the perogative to create a policy that was not there before. So, to be fair, it is not double-standard, just a stupid business move.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:58 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Puzzle three. I found it did help to ambush at least a few of the guards. To ambush them you have to have them move next to you first, then you move to their square. If you move next to them first, it's over.

Something else that confused me was that after the last puzzle that I had a big black block on the page with a little square in the upper corner. If you refresh the page then the ending appears.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:10 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

pinkflamingonewsgirl wrote:
So, to be fair, it is not double-standard, just a stupid business move.

:roflol:

I've been a member since the early days (mid-2000, just before plots and way before battledome ;)). There's been lots of changes since then, many of which annoyed me quite a bit. But this new management has upped the frequency of these changes a lot. I don't like using things like the calculators, ect, so that doesn't bother me much. But there's the neomall, and I've started regularly seeing commercials for neopets on nick (which annoys me to no end. Seriously). But there's not much you can do except leave, and I like my pets too much to do that. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:12 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I noticed that guards can see past each other. Once, 3 Garoo Elites were coming after me in a LINE. I know this isn't that useful but it does expose a feature of this puzzle.
By the way, everyone should notice that there are 3 doors in the maintenance tunnels. All 3 have opened. The next part is probably somewhere else. So those who haven't finished part 2 should hurry up - we don't know if the maintenance tunnels are going to close after this.

Valrigard the Draik
Neopets username: lord_valrigard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

eurgh. I just did all the combinations for the first character for one of my 3 mod ones and none of them worked. eurgh.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:49 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

One thing helped me in the 3rd part with the guards, if you move back and forth between 2 blocks, it helps to get them in a better position. Sometimes it would take quite a few clicks between 2 blocks but, it's better to be patient than to just run around on the board.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:56 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Valrigard wrote:
So... going off-site isn't okay anymore? Will this board be shut down because of what TNT said?!

I doubt Neopets would go after PPT for offering the same plot advice that is readily available on the boards, particularly since the links being offered for help are all back ON Neopets and the advice being offered is the same stuff you could find on the Neoboards. While the PPT forums are not officially sanctioned by Neopets to offer help and support on the plot, the mods are making sure to act according to their wishes and not show users how to exploit the flaws in their system. Neopets doesn't really condemn us, but if the PPT linking to the calculator DID somehow get someone frozen, they are not culpable because they did not in any way encourage the use of off-site support.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:58 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

mercurius wrote:
One thing helped me in the 3rd part with the guards, if you move back and forth between 2 blocks, it helps to get them in a better position. Sometimes it would take quite a few clicks between 2 blocks but, it's better to be patient than to just run around on the board.

I had a couple favorite areas in the last maze where I would have an escape route of the timing with the guards was off. The problem is making sure none were sneaking around behind to cut it off.

Act my age? I am too young to be THAT old!
Member: NTWF (Neopian Times Writer's Forum)
http://ntwriters.proboards.com/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:45 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Still on second part, only 4 more to go, I'd rather mover furniture, blocks, carry sand :x

Sounds like part 3 is better. I hope it is.

Quietly contemplating life

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:51 am 

Okay, so it's been awhile since I've logged on here ... stupid grad school taking up all my free time, but I just have to say there is so much awesome support and help here, so thanks PPT!
I posted my question under a spoiler just in case in contains something people don't want to see.

So, my question is, I found the Garoo message, but my dialogue between Gorix and Cylara at the top didn't change, and I also can't access part 3 I get a 404 does not exist page. I haven't completed all the translations... I still have one 3 mod, and 2 3 mods with the O symbols in them left. Do I have to translate all of them? or just the one without the O? I hope I'm not asking a repeat question, but I couldn't find the answer (but seriously after looking at green symbols for so long on black, that wouldn't surprise me =P). Thanks for your help! =)

Edit: Nevermind, I just found my error. I have *a* Captain Garoo message but not *the* message. ::sigh:: back to the grind.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I patiently stalked and dispatched all the Garoo Elites to get through. It was the only way for me to not be caught repeatedly. Just walking back and forth in a safe place until one walks by and then *Vulcan Death Grip!!!* :evil:

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:39 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

im doing the ones without the o symbol, the 3 mod one u got get before that, i really got no idea where to even start, i tried a couple of the suggestions but am still having difficulty i'll try tonight and tomorrow if not then i might give up

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:50 am 

well I finished the 3 mod and the robot game too tonight. I'm exhausted

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next