Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr Sloth (split 4)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think a better solution than freezing would be to disqualify people who used the generator from participating in the rest of the plot, personally.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:51 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Nekopan wrote:
Kaebel wrote:
Wish I would have known that before I used the decoder. I thought it was like using the star mapper for the Altador plot. =-/

I used it too, I didn't see anything wrong with it. I still don't.

If I get frozen, oh well. Guess I'm done with Neopets. But I don't think I will get frozen.

This seems really bogus. TNT knows that fansites give advice and the like, and they've never had a problem with it before. I still think the problem was not so much that it was a solution page, but that he received gifts and NP from grateful people. Seems harsh though.

Even if TNT decides that this is a definite 'no', I can't see them freezing everyone who used it. They'd probably let this be grandfathered in and give a stern 'no' for future incidents.

Razamatazamo misses being a Fuzio!
CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000
...and yes, I have joined Twin Skies. Have you?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:52 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Byakuya San wrote:
I think a better solution than freezing would be to disqualify people who used the generator from participating in the rest of the plot, personally.

Well, that's kind of unfair for people who didn't know it was cheating. Wouldn't it make more sense to just not award them points for this part of the plot?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Nekopan wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

Well, that's kind of unfair for people who didn't know it was cheating. Wouldn't it make more sense to just not award them points for this part of the plot?

True. But also if they froze people, Neopets may lose business. After all, many people who are frozen don't come back.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lee wrote:
Nekopan wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

True. But also if they froze people, Neopets may lose business. After all, many people who are frozen don't come back.

What she said. And really, what I said was more of a worst-case scenario kind of thing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:58 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Just a quick check: am I the only one still trying to get past the 2 mods?

CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh, what a mess. Hopefully they won't freeze anyone - but if they truly cannot tell if you used the program or not...?
I just hope that there's no consequences for anyone who didn't use the program - cause it would really stink to have gone through all that and lose plot points or be frozen, etc.
Really and truly, I don't mind if people used this program, and if they still get points for it - even if some of us were crazy enough to go through it the hard way. You still had to get through at least the singles and doubles before you can get through the whole thing, so yeah.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think it would be (place very bad word here) stupid if they freeze people for using it. how many people used the star mapper? seriously now this is day two i have written out a ton of things and still cant figure out my 3 mods on my own. Any step that is that hard deserves to have something to help. This program as I see it does nothing more or less then the star mapper did previously.

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Pickles wrote:
Ugh, what a mess. Hopefully they won't freeze anyone - but if they truly cannot tell if you used the program or not...?
I just hope that there's no consequences for anyone who didn't use the program - cause it would really stink to have gone through all that and lose plot points or be frozen, etc.
Really and truly, I don't mind if people used this program, and if they still get points for it - even if some of us were crazy enough to go through it the hard way. You still had to get through at least the singles and doubles before you can get through the whole thing, so yeah.

It's tough. It's no different the then star mappers, but yet there is that neomail from TNT on sunnyneo. But according to the counter on the guy's site, over 42k people have used it. TNT can freeze people, just not that many. I think they will freeze some on the neoboards to discourage it, but that's it.

cybertrini wrote:
Just a quick check: am I the only one still trying to get past the 2 mods?

Probably not.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:06 pm 

I doubt they'll freeze people for this, but I also doubt this part will be worth many points at the end.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:15 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Nekopan wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:

Honestly, as someone who used the calculator not thinking there was anything wrong with it, I think even that would be unfair.

If I had thought TNT would think there was something wrong with using the calculator, I wouldn't have done it. I COULD have worked them all out for myself (I did some by hand before I went to bed last night) but didn't see a reason to when there was a calculator available.

With almost all plots there are helps or solutions available online: the Altador star mapper, or for that matter petpages with instructions on how to get through the maintainance tunnels for the first clue in this plot. I don't think anyone who used the calculator thought this was any different.

I don't think it would be fair to punish us for doing something we had no idea we weren't supposed to be doing in the first place.

I mean, compare this to the poisoning wave of Ice Caves wars when TNT more-or-less rewarded people for doing the back button trick, something pretty much everyone suspected was questionable at the time.

Last edited by bgryph on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:20 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I see this as just like the star-mapper. If they freeze people for using this calculator now, they need to go back and freeze people who used the star-mapper on the Altador plot as well. Or else they need to come out NOW and address it directly on that page so it's clear it's cheating and then freeze anyone who does use it from that point on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I just popped into the ROS Neoboard, and it seems they're locking all discussion of the calculator, with the message "Cheating is not allowed." TNT has taken a position. Use the calculator at your own risk--and if it's true that they can't tell if you use it, don't mention it anywhere online. The only reports of freezing I'm seeing are from people who admitted on the boards that they used the calculator.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Ninboy found another site to host the 3 mod solution generator.

(edit)

The heat is on. TNT has let it be known that they will freeze people for using this generator, so I can't see the point in giving people the link to get them frozen.

-------------------

Teelie wrote:
I see this as just like the star-mapper. If they freeze people for using this calculator now, they need to go back and freeze people who used the star-mapper on the Altador plot as well. Or else they need to come out NOW and address it directly on that page so it's clear it's cheating and then freeze anyone who does use it from that point on.

I'm with you. There are still star mappers up because the Altador plot is staying up for any new users. And there are plot guides on many fan sites. I gave my friend the URL for one and they did the plot in one day, so I have a hard time seeing the distinction here.

TDG Edit: Please don't double post :)

CyberTrini
Neopian since 5/5/2000

Last edited by cybertrini on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Just thought I'd post this.
http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... =118069482

Quote:
Posted: 6 Feb 2008 - 1:35 pm

*** THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED! ***

Cheating is not allowed. Do not use, ask for, post, trade, or sell cheats anywhere on Neopets. Using the \"calculator\" or any other program to solve the plot IS considering cheating and WILL get you frozen!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next