Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Return of Dr Sloth (split 3)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I have 4 3 modifier puzzles with "Incomplete Data" I'm going to guess that when I finish the other 6 3 modifier puzzles (in 6-9 years) then the "Incomplete Data" puzzles will be solvable

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Trilian8 wrote:
I have 4 3 modifier puzzles with "Incomplete Data" I'm going to guess that when I finish the other 6 3 modifier puzzles (in 6-9 years) then the "Incomplete Data" puzzles will be solvable

I've done 3 of the 3-modifiers, and I"m no longer seeing any "incomplete data" puzzles. There is hope!!

Edit: BTW, we just broke the record number of users online! :P

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:39 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Pickles wrote:
Trilian8 wrote:

I've done 3 of the 3-modifiers, and I"m no longer seeing any "incomplete data" puzzles. There is hope!!

Edit: BTW, we just broke the record number of users online! :P

Good to know YEA!!!! Just got one 3 modifier done!!!! And I checked--- at least 1 of my "Incomplete Data" puzzles doesn't say that anymore wooHOO

Do you have your towel?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

....but now I have yet *another* new symbol. Looks like a bullseye with ears. That makes...7 symbols now?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:42 am 

Here's another tip: For the 3-modifier ones, if you know what all of the combinations of two add to (Like C+P = Z) you can deduce the rest without trying them. For instance, if you know C+P=Z and P+Z=B, then 2P+C=B.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Okay after finally figuring this out all i have to say is there is no way around it your going to have to make a chart. I hate making lil charts but otherwise oh brain hurting.

just randomly write down anything that adds up and yes you are going to have to add in your key. (even tho then to me it wouldnt really be a key but that's beside the point)

(note: this refers to the 2 modifier puzzles)

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Woot! Made it through my 4th one! Got a "Military com."
My Lord, We've begun moving the civilians to the transport shuttles as planned. The public decks are secure although we've had some trouble finding our way around the maintenance levels; there could still be traitors hiding in that maze. Nonetheless, the shuttles will be ready to launch shortly, and then we won't have to worry about the civilians anymore. -Commander Garoo

Unfortunately, it appears that my patterns changed when the new symbol was added. (C+I+I+I is now equal to the new symbol instead of C.) Grr.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Pickles wrote:
My Lord, We've begun moving the civilians to the transport shuttles as planned. The public decks are secure although we've had some trouble finding our way around the maintenance levels; there could still be traitors hiding in that maze. Nonetheless, the shuttles will be ready to launch shortly, and then we won't have to worry about the civilians anymore. -Commander Garoo

Unfortunately, it appears that my patterns changed when the new symbol was added. (C+I+I+I is now equal to the new symbol instead of C.) Grr.

So how are you doing it exactly? Process of elimination? 'A Beautiful Mind' type intelligence?

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:03 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It would be awesome if one of the solutions was the first three modifiers in the list...
I have a pseudo-cipher going, but I'm not sure how much time it's knocking off...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:11 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Pickles wrote:

Aarrrghh. So that explains why I just went through every possible combination using my chart and didn't get the right solution. Time to remake the chart.

On second thought, how about bed? The puzzle will still be there tomorrow, after all...

Blue graffitied on my signature... But it made me laugh, so it's all good!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:12 am 

zorg wrote:
Pickles wrote:

So how are you doing it exactly? Process of elimination? 'A Beautiful Mind' type intelligence?

You have to chart all of this out. The symbols have their own weird sort of math, so C+V=P, etc. They don't translate into weird numbers. The point is to make them all add together to equal the "target" result.

I'm still trying to break my first 3-modifier :oops:

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:16 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Well I have to go to work tomorrow, so I have to stop. I can see that I'll have to make a chart. The match the last numbers seems to work better for me, but I haven't been able to do any of the three modifiers yet. Good luck, everybody!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

theonlysaneone wrote:
zorg wrote:
Pickles wrote:

You have to chart all of this out. The symbols have their own weird sort of math, so C+V=P, etc. They don't translate into weird numbers. The point is to make them all add together to equal the "target" result.

2 Modifiers are easy, but 3 modifiers.... bleh.

Do you miss Bill? I miss Bill. Go to this thread to petition Bill Back!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:18 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Just have my (ten) 3 modifiers left...have been going thru trying to match the last symbol, but that's still reallllly time consuming. There has to be a better way! I have to get some work done for now, though.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:19 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

theonlysaneone wrote:
zorg wrote:

Unfortunately, yes, you need to chart it out. I've got a lot of cross-out marks on my chart now, though, because of that new one. Bleh.
As far as how I'm doing it? Once I know what "equals" the last "digit" of my goal, I try all combinations of that set. It's still a lot of combinations...but a lot less than trying to do *all* combinations!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next