Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Journey to the Lost Isle Discussion (Split #16)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The plot is now finished. You can no longer complete it

Journal: http://www.neopets.com/mip/index.phtml
Comic: http://www.neopets.com/mip/comic.phtml
Official Solution: http://www.neopets.com/mip/solution.phtml
PinkPT's Solution: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=33653
Prize Shop: http://www.neopets.com/mip/prize_shop.phtml

Past Threads:
[original], [Split 1], [Split 2], [Split 3], [Split 4], [Split 5], [Split 6], [Split 7], [Split 8], [Split 9], [Split 10],
[Split 11], [Split 12], [Split 13], [Split 14], [Split 15.

---------------------

Many people currently believe there will be a second half of the plot released. Some signs are:
- The unresolved ending
- The shortness of the plot
- The Altador Cup "getting in the way" of the Journey Plot
- The "A Mysterious Voyage Continues" notice on the bottom of the News Page (in the "Coming Soon" box)*
- The Question Mark after "The End" on the final chapter of the comic.
- This Neopedia Article features the line "The Fairweathers and their scientific team are currently trying to put together another expedition to the island."

*Please note, this has been there since the start of the plot. So it may not provide solid proof that a second half will feature.

Post subject: Re: Journey to the Lost Isle Discussion (Split #16)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

the_dog_god wrote:
- The "A Mysterious Voyage Continues" notice on the bottom of the News Page (in the "Coming Soon" box)*
*Please note, this has been there since the start of the plot. So it may not provide solid proof that a second half will feature.

I could've sworn that someone asked about that in one of the editorials (shortly after the plot was "over") and TNT stated that they just hadn't taken it down...but I can't remember if there was a "*shifty eyes*" at the end of it or not. Of course...it could all be just my imagination, or I could've confused it with a different question regarding the plot...who knows. When I get home, I'll see if I can locate the editorial question if no one else has by then.
Edit: Okay, I can't find that anywhere, now, so I guess I was just imagining things. Ignore me - it was probably the remains of the fever I had yesterday making me silly! ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Okay, in the New Features today they put up a Neopedia article on Roxton A. Colchester III, and at the end it says

neopedia wrote:
Thankfully, this suave explorer is more than happy to save ladies in distress and, at the end of the day, was even willing to go back to the island to continue the expedition. Everyone agreed, however, that they would need to be much better equipped on the next voyage.

Basically, I think neo is confirming that the plot either isn't over, or there will be a 'phase 2'. Either way, I'm happy. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hopefully we'll get better trophies if there is a second half...the current one is degrading the awesomeness of my prized possesion...my LDP trophy (even though it isn't the top rank).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:00 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

amarise wrote:
Okay, in the New Features today they put up a Neopedia article on Roxton A. Colchester III, and at the end it says

neopedia wrote:
Thankfully, this suave explorer is more than happy to save ladies in distress and, at the end of the day, was even willing to go back to the island to continue the expedition. Everyone agreed, however, that they would need to be much better equipped on the next voyage.

Basically, I think neo is confirming that the plot either isn't over, or there will be a 'phase 2'. Either way, I'm happy. :D

The article also has a link to the Journal - another clue that the plot is going to have a part 2.

TNT are always doing new things with the plots and I have no doubt that we will be going back to the island soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:02 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

hopefully this time is the war time, they already solved the puzzle in the island anyway...
so I am imagining that the challengers would be reactivated, and we will continue with our old records, and also have to face new challengers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:58 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

apranum wrote:
hopefully this time is the war time, they already solved the puzzle in the island anyway...
so I am imagining that the challengers would be reactivated, and we will continue with our old records, and also have to face new challengers

that, or they start with a clean slate (possibly just saving the points we've earned in the previous plot) for the second expedition and we get another trophy (i'd like that, seeing as how i missed out on the VERY last part of the plot)

i'm not too big on war plots... just a bunch of clicking and weapon splurging to collect points... i'd like a good mix of war plot and puzzles since my pets aren't really battledomes... i kinda liked the pace they went at with this plot (i was moving house at the time) though it does sound like a second part will eventually come, so i guess we just kick back until it comes, then freak out XD

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I haven't really been following this plot at all, but I did do a few things at the beginning in order to get a basic trophy and hopefully a sidebar. Question is: is there a sidebar? I didn't get any notice.

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:58 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm betting that the new plot will coincide with the start of the new American school year (around mid-August or so). Mainly because kids will be busy - and need something to keep their attention on Neopets.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Susannahmio wrote:
I haven't really been following this plot at all, but I did do a few things at the beginning in order to get a basic trophy and hopefully a sidebar. Question is: is there a sidebar? I didn't get any notice.

I don't think there was. I've gotten my trophy, and played with sidebars recently, and didn't see any new ones added - and I had the "max" points.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:13 pm 

Wasn't all that impressed with the prizes, then again, I dunno if I really scored that much or how the scoring even worked. Granted, I bought the one thing I wanted, (Rex's Hat) but that pretty much killed my points. Thought I did pretty good on the plot, and was very disapointed on my prize point results.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:05 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Quite honestly i would be ready for a full on war. Unfortunatly knowing TNT that won't ever happen again. They would rather mix puzzles and battling and make battling quite insignificant to the plots.

IDB Supermod and Rater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:11 am 
PPT God
PPT God

benladesh wrote:
Quite honestly i would be ready for a full on war. Unfortunatly knowing TNT that won't ever happen again. They would rather mix puzzles and battling and make battling quite insignificant to the plots.

I'd love to have another real war for our next 'site event'. Don't get me wrong, I love puzzles, but it's been a while for me since I felt my BD wins actually counted for something. Not to mention, it would be really nice if I could have the option to fight more than one opponant.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:23 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

What would be ideal and i feel would make more people happy (not everyone) is having a full out war, then place a supporter role with a puzzle. The battlers don't need to worry about the puzzle and the puzzlers don't need to worry about the battling.

The only problem is that the puzzles would need to require ALOT of work so that the point ratios can be equal for equal prizes...or both have different prize shops. Either way the puzzles would need to be very difficult to finish and get top prize because battlers fight a lot to get top prize. i feel that this way both sets of prizes would satisfy the people and the prizes would retain more value.

IDB Supermod and Rater

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:35 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
They'll probably never do a battler-supporter war again. The one time they tried that, geesh, the madness. (Pirate Usuki play sets, anyone?) And Neopets has this habit of only going down a path once if their first attempt was a failure. They don't really have a "let's work the bugs out of this and try again" method of operation.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next