Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Journey to the Lost Isle Discussion (Split #16)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:28 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Wouldn't it be really funny if the stuff we bought with our points were things we can use or need for the next part?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kellenna451 wrote:
Wouldn't it be really funny if the stuff we bought with our points were things we can use or need for the next part?

Uhm...I personally don't think that'd be funny. Maybe I'm missing some sarcasm or something, but yeah. Can you imagine how hard that would be on people who could only get one of the very bottom prizes? And think about what would happen to the prices of those items.

Moongewl wrote:
They'll probably never do a battler-supporter war again. The one time they tried that, geesh, the madness.

I hope they don't do another one, personally, unless they split it up a LOT more fairly. I got rather scorched by that war - I was just barely into Rank 2 (as a warrior), and thus was up against the people with the full 700 stats, and the MUCH harder opponents. I was proud that I managed to get out 15 points in that war, but it really irritated me because my previous trophies were MUCH better (and so have been all the ones after it).

I'm personally all for either an all-out war OR a majorly in-depth puzzle plot (like LDP). My view on wars is this: if you've spent tons of time and effort into training your pet up and purchasing good weapons, then you deserve to be able to do well in a battle. Seems more fair to me, but I doubt we'll have a war like that again.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:49 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Pickles wrote:
Kellenna451 wrote:

Uhm...I personally don't think that'd be funny. Maybe I'm missing some sarcasm or something, but yeah. Can you imagine how hard that would be on people who could only get one of the very bottom prizes? And think about what would happen to the prices of those items.

Moongewl wrote:
They'll probably never do a battler-supporter war again. The one time they tried that, geesh, the madness.

I hope they don't do another one, personally, unless they split it up a LOT more fairly. I got rather scorched by that war - I was just barely into Rank 2 (as a warrior), and thus was up against the people with the full 700 stats, and the MUCH harder opponents. I was proud that I managed to get out 15 points in that war, but it really irritated me because my previous trophies were MUCH better (and so have been all the ones after it).

I'm personally all for either an all-out war OR a majorly in-depth puzzle plot (like LDP). My view on wars is this: if you've spent tons of time and effort into training your pet up and purchasing good weapons, then you deserve to be able to do well in a battle. Seems more fair to me, but I doubt we'll have a war like that again.

well, the only problem with that is that some people don't HAVE time do raise their pets to uber high levels (with school/work/family or a combination of these) i know plenty of adults that play on neopets and love it to death, but just can't keep up with kids that have all the time in the world to play because of their real life issues... i think it'd be a good idea for them to give the two groups thing another try (after finding out what went wrong and tweaking it, of course)... what's the use in ideas if they aren't built upon?

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:07 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Everyone has time to use the lab once per day, yes? You can get a very strong pet this way (super high hit points, high strength) and all you have to do is log on once per day to zap. The pet will be unbalanced, of course, with a low level and low defence -- but high strength and hit points are all you really need in 1-player, anyway. Just toss a couple 9-iconers on that pet (Stone Club and Ice Club are buyable now), some kind of healer and a percentage freezer (Snowglobe Staff is cheap), plus stock up on a few cheap one-use bombs, and you can do pretty well during a war.

You're not going to get as many points as someone with a 400-boost pet and hidden tower weapons, of course, but why should you? Playing Neo seriously takes time. If you want to earn NP, you've got to make an effort to buy stocks every day, or play Food Club, or rs, or play flash games, whatever you do. If you don't have the time to do this kind of stuff on a regular basis, you're not going to have the time to really sit down and max out on war opponents anyway, and you don't deserve the same prizes as someone who can. I don't think this is at all unfair -- it's the same as any other competition. If you played a game of tennis every now and then, you wouldn't expect to go up against someone who plays for an hour every day and win, would you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:46 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Sorry Pickles....I should have written after what I wrote ((***dripping with sarcasm***)) It is the only explanation I can come up with why the point values for the prizes seemed a tad on the lame side.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kellenna451 wrote:
Sorry Pickles....I should have written after what I wrote ((***dripping with sarcasm***)) It is the only explanation I can come up with why the point values for the prizes seemed a tad on the lame side.

LOL sokay, I figured you were, but you know how text can be...I was a bit cranky that day, anyways. ;)

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:49 pm 

I have "According to this, you have 375 points left to spend. Enjoy looking around!" but when I go to my lookup I don't have a trophy? Mabey I didn't do enough to earn even the worst one as I went away?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

xxcolstormxx wrote:
I have "According to this, you have 375 points left to spend. Enjoy looking around!" but when I go to my lookup I don't have a trophy? Mabey I didn't do enough to earn even the worst one as I went away?

You actually need to purchase something for your trophy to show up. Once you've purchased one item with your points, you'll get your trophy.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:03 pm 

Pickles wrote:
xxcolstormxx wrote:

You actually need to purchase something for your trophy to show up. Once you've purchased one item with your points, you'll get your trophy.

AHH good call. Thanks a lot. :hug:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

For this plot, the points are under the trophy. Did everyone get the same trophy, "Isle Seeker?"

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

euphoniumgirl_71 wrote:
For this plot, the points are under the trophy. Did everyone get the same trophy, "Isle Seeker?"

Yep. We all got the same one.

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Pickles wrote:
euphoniumgirl_71 wrote:

Well, at least the trophy is shiny. @_@

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:06 am 
PPT God
PPT God

euphoniumgirl_71 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
euphoniumgirl_71 wrote:

Well, at least the trophy is shiny. @_@

agreed. Trophies are always great on a user lookup. Seeing as I am a trophy nut but dont have that many trophies myself Im just glad I did get the trohpy at all!

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:29 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I only do the plots for the trophy! They are fun, but I like the trophies.

Set by Byakuya'<3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:54 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yeah trophies are great. But I'm kinda annoyed that we all got the same trophy. It's a bit of a bummer that someone who barely did anything gets the same trophy as someone who worked their tail off doing all the puzzles and pounding away in the BD. :/

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next