Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #5]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:18 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Being a member of the LD team I can tell you that it gives me the choice of signing up for a new team but I can't actually sign up and trying to play yooyouball makes the practice team show up. I'm sad my team didnt make it to the finals I thought we had a good chance :( BTW I'm going to join Darigan I believe. I hope my score is decent I usually played 2 or 3 times a day atleast tho there where a few days I couldnt play at all... kinda makes me sad they judged the 'levels' as hard as they did because the 'casual' player didnt have a good chance of getting a high score :(

ImageImageImageImage
Click the eggs above to view all my dragons & help them grow by clicking them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:21 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Has anyone been able to sign up as a supporter? When I click the team, nothing happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

:( I calculated out the way I thought TNT did the points (YYB is 2x SS/MSN, and wins are 2x draws, and losses are 0) and LD was winning against KI... :( Sad day. We're in 5th place which is as good as 16th. Absolute worst team to be on at this moment. Bah. Best in MSN, only team to have 0 losses in anything, one of the best in SS, one of only two teams never to have been swept...

I'm not trying to be a bad sport, but I can't help but feel a little bummed about all this. Not to mention all the people on the boards saying there was "no way LD is in the finals" are probably gloating right now.

My Tuesday scores are still gone, and I can't sign up for another team.

Edit: I guess there is one good thing, the last day of the cup is the day before my summer class starts, hurray~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:59 pm 

Leave it to TNT to ruin the Altador Cup! Letting eliminated teams join the finals was bad enough, but they should really explain how they got the top 4 teams.

Considering how badly my team (Meridell) played, I'm not surprised they didn't make it. Right now I'm speaking for a good friend (who is supporting the Lost Desert). Since TNT never revealed how their point system works, many petpages have made their own point system. The problem with a fan-made point system is accuracy. Some people give 3 points for a win while others give 6 points for a yooyuball win. My friend used the NHL (National Hockey League) point system which is 2 points for a win and 1 point for a tie.

In the NHL point system, the top 4 overall would be:

01) Roo Island 151 Points
02) Darigan Citadel 150 Points
03) Lost Desert 148 Points
04) Shenkuu 147 Points
05) Krawk Island 140 Points

Notice that Krawk Island is 7 points behind.

But if TNT is only looking at Yooyuball records:

01) Darigan Citadel 54 Points
02) Roo Island 53 Points
03) Krawk Island 50 Points
04) Shenkuu 49 Points
05) Lost Desert 45 Points

...But if it was yooyuball only, what's the point in the side games (Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise)?

And then there's the 3 point win system (6 points for a yooyuball win):

01) Roo Island 298 Points
02) Darigan Citadel 296 Points
03) Shenkuu 287 Points
04) Krawk Island 279 Points
05) Lost Desert 278 Points

Lost Desert is behind by a mere point here.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not bashing any teams here. I'm not saying my friend's system is the 'right' system. The point of this post is to show how irritating it is when TNT keeps important stuff under wraps. First of all, why are we only given a stupid letter (W D L) instead of actual numbers? They gave numbers last year so why not this year?

Bottom line: the TNT should have put up their point system to avoid confusion. That way, everybody can see whether their team is close to the top 4 or not. *sigh* ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:41 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

So did other people who were missing their points from Tuesday get them yet? Just wondering because mine were missing but now have been fixed (I did submit a bug report about it on the 4th though). And go Darigan! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

evenstar wrote:
So did other people who were missing their points from Tuesday get them yet? Just wondering because mine were missing but now have been fixed (I did submit a bug report about it on the 4th though). And go Darigan! ;)

Mine have been back for about an hour, but I couldn't get to PPT to post so. Everything from Tuesday came back (for my husband too), but I have not gotten the ones I lost previously (nor has he). I don't think we'll be getting any of them back at this point.
But whee!! Rank 18!!!

Go Rooligans!

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:06 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

evenstar wrote:

I think most of mine from Tuesday are still missing--I've got 90 YYB games still unaccounted for, according to my tally. That's out of 140 games for Tueday; I submitted less than 90 yesterday, and I think those got counted.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:55 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

:) I got my points from Tuesday and now I am Level 13 (silver).

Yay for Shenkuu getting into the finals. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:43 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I only got 38 games against Shenkuu? o_O

I'm sure the very least was above the 45s.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:30 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Fuzz wrote:
Has anyone been able to sign up as a supporter? When I click the team, nothing happens.
I got a message saying "You are now a supporter of team Shenkuu" or something like that (don't worry Shenkuu, I'm really good at YYB :D ). It's coming up with Shenkuu games now when I play YYB.

ETA- to those who were wondering, I didn't get an extra background just for being a Shenkuu supporter!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, all my scores from yesterday came through OK. I'm safely on track to make the top rank! On a side note, someone previously posted that they have been restarting the game window every 5 or 10 games and haven't lost any scores: I'm beginning to think that this helps. The days I lost scores, I remember having both the YYB window and SS window open - I'd take a break from YYB and play a round of SS and then go back to YYB without reloading the window. I wonder if once you send a score for another game, it stops reading the original window? Just a theory...so far, though, I've lost no games since I started reloading the YYB window every 20 games, and haven't had more than one Cup game open at once.

Looks like they will not be posting *any* results for the teams until Monday, so I guess we'll all be surprised?

In regards to supporter/devotee - maybe they'll give the devotees an extra prize, like they did last year, 'cept for all 4 top teams? That'd be cool. I remember being (slightly) jealous last year of those who got the books, even though I got the 1st place supporter trophy. Who knows?

Set by KiTeNcHeTu!
Find me at WGF, where werewolf rocks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm now curious about the souvenirs. Did they keep the AC Cup shop open all year round last time? I bought some items from the shop... and am wondering if it's a better idea to sell them now or hold onto them and sell later. Anyone have any insights or advice?

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:05 pm 

Pickles wrote:
Well, all my scores from yesterday came through OK. I'm safely on track to make the top rank! On a side note, someone previously posted that they have been restarting the game window every 5 or 10 games and haven't lost any scores: I'm beginning to think that this helps. The days I lost scores, I remember having both the YYB window and SS window open - I'd take a break from YYB and play a round of SS and then go back to YYB without reloading the window. I wonder if once you send a score for another game, it stops reading the original window? Just a theory...so far, though, I've lost no games since I started reloading the YYB window every 20 games, and haven't had more than one Cup game open at once.

That makes sense. That's how it works on the games (or used to, anyway). If you had two games open, and tried to send a score, you'd get an error message.

I'm wondering if that's where missing scores are going - people are submitting scores when having two different windows open, and the server assumes something is wrong, so it rejects the scores.

I tend to play YYB in batches of 10, and I've not lost any scores, so it could also be the number of scores sent with an active window.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:46 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I only managed to play one game yesterday (it was a very stressful day; my cat got sick and we had to take him to the vet, where he's now on an IV, and the vet warned us he could die... although he seems to be doing a little better today). That game hasn't showed up in my stats.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:22 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Cranberry wrote:
I only managed to play one game yesterday (it was a very stressful day; my cat got sick and we had to take him to the vet, where he's now on an IV, and the vet warned us he could die... although he seems to be doing a little better today). That game hasn't showed up in my stats.

Weird, I have a similar situation. I only sent in 3 scores because our cat had her kittens last night (only one made it though :() and we weren't sure if she was "done", to leave out details... I hope your kitty gets better! :hug:

Back to the Cup... I only need to play about 32 games per day to get to rank 9 (10 is ugly, 11 is too far away) so I think I can do it! But it's bedtime and I still have 15 to go, whoops.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next