Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup [split #5]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:38 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

When I keep sending my score, there isn't any activity on my network - i.e. no signals are sent either in or out. Is this how scores have been lost? Can anyone check if this is true?

Save the trees! Don't do homework!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:16 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

YES!!! I finally got proof of a tenth goal!
This is my 4th, and was scored with a normal yooyu.

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:34 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Karnatu wrote:
YES!!! I finally got proof of a tenth goal!
This is my 4th, and was scored with a normal yooyu.

Well done! I scored a 10th before, real early in the tourney when I didn't realize how hard it was, and so didn't take a screenie. Nowadays I just move my player to a spot where he'll be undisturbed and wait out the time, because with the dozens of games you play you get kindof tired trying to score a 10th and failing. At least, I do :P

niel/dark_draconis88 on Neo/GPX+

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:43 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thank you! I tried to get a scrienshot of the rest but 2 of them were in the dieing moments so I was late and the other one, I didn't press the printscreen button..... hard enough?lol :D

But this time I did it and catched the picture!

EDIT: OMG! Right now I scored another goal against super goalie! 2 in one day! Awesome! I'm starting to get the hang of it. :D :D

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:18 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Ugh, you know, I feel rather guilty for feeling this way but I'm seriously getting tired of Yooyuball. I mean, I'd dearly love for my team to win, but the repetitiveness of hours on end of Yooyuball is really getting me down. :( Anyone else feel this way?

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:30 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

draconis wrote:
Ugh, you know, I feel rather guilty for feeling this way but I'm seriously getting tired of Yooyuball. I mean, I'd dearly love for my team to win, but the repetitiveness of hours on end of Yooyuball is really getting me down. :( Anyone else feel this way?
Yup. :p It really feels like a chore now, and I have to get 85 wins today and 85 tomorrow. Normally I'd say if it's not fun any more, stop playing - but that's what I did last year, and really kicked myself later for not having enough points for one of the cool BD weapons.

Cranberry, hope your cat is feeling better today. :hug:

EDIT: Just noticed that in the latest Altador Cup news bulletin, the phrase "Rooligans" was used to describe the supporters of Roo Island. :D I love how that player-invented nickname was so easily adopted by TNT as canon.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:05 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks for the well-wishes for my cat. He is doing a little better today. I don't want to go off-topic in this thread, but I have a thread about him at Neocolours. :)

I managed to score a 10th goal once (with the normal yooyu), and I got a screenie, too. I haven't been able to do it again, though!

Also, my scores from yesterday went through just fine -- only 15 games, though. Today and tomorrow I am really going to buckle down, watch a couple movies, and send at least 40 scores each day.

I also love that TNT used the word "Rooligans"!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:38 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I need to play 42 games a day to get to rank 9. It's going to be really close. :( I'm working both today and tomorrow so who knows if I'll be able to manage it, but I really want that shield. I guess I'll just have to keep working! :)

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:56 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Pickles wrote:
Well, all my scores from yesterday came through OK. I'm safely on track to make the top rank! On a side note, someone previously posted that they have been restarting the game window every 5 or 10 games and haven't lost any scores: I'm beginning to think that this helps. The days I lost scores, I remember having both the YYB window and SS window open - I'd take a break from YYB and play a round of SS and then go back to YYB without reloading the window. I wonder if once you send a score for another game, it stops reading the original window? Just a theory...so far, though, I've lost no games since I started reloading the YYB window every 20 games, and haven't had more than one Cup game open at once.

Looks like they will not be posting *any* results for the teams until Monday, so I guess we'll all be surprised?

In regards to supporter/devotee - maybe they'll give the devotees an extra prize, like they did last year, 'cept for all 4 top teams? That'd be cool. I remember being (slightly) jealous last year of those who got the books, even though I got the 1st place supporter trophy. Who knows?

I think my theory also supports your theory. That is, if you don't detect any network activity when you're sending your score, you've probably lost that score because nothing would be received at the neopets servers. Reloading the game window when there's no network activity when sending a score corrected the problem. For me, I normally have to reload every 3-5 games.

Save the trees! Don't do homework!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:02 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I need to make 150 wins in one day to make my level an even number. I hate it to be odd. It's not impossible, but it's almost twice as much as my normal daily amount.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:30 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

stampsyne wrote:
I need to make 150 wins in one day to make my level an even number. I hate it to be odd. It's not impossible, but it's almost twice as much as my normal daily amount.
Same with me. I managed it yesterday though - 80 games, though I thought I might wither away from boredom. And they were all recorded. :D I don't know if the reload-the-window tip has done it or if they've sorted out the server problems (I'm not getting 404s any more) but I'm now just about confident enough to play the final 80 games and not bite my nails about whether they'll show up. (I'm on the yellow-and-bronze trophy now, which I don't want to get stuck with.)

Atta-everyone! Last day!

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:32 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I am also on bronze shield and yellow gem. I need to play 39 games today to change my rank to 11. However I am working tonight and I am very tired from playing. Al right I won't be an all star player but in my mind getting to where I am is a great achievement considering I also worked a few 16 hours at work during that period.

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxholic, Full Metal Alchemist, Fruit Baskets, Ergo Proxy, now what is next ? hints wanted from knowledgeable anime fan.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:17 pm 

It would have been nice to have a scoring system that was posted at the start of the tournament - I don't recall seeing one until about day 5 or 6 or thereabouts. At that point, I had played only enough for my TEAM to win, and not enough for me to be able to set reasonable goals for myself.

I've had to struggle to reach level 9. I'm glad I have a shield, but I think I wish I'd done more.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:29 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

shapu wrote:
It would have been nice to have a scoring system that was posted at the start of the tournament - I don't recall seeing one until about day 5 or 6 or thereabouts. At that point, I had played only enough for my TEAM to win, and not enough for me to be able to set reasonable goals for myself.

I've had to struggle to reach level 9. I'm glad I have a shield, but I think I wish I'd done more.

Oh, most definitely. Some 500+ of my 600-odd points were all scored in the past week or so. I've been pushing really hard recently for the Rank 9 shield, after I discovered the exact number of points needed.

Devourer of Oranges

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

draconis wrote:
shapu wrote:

Oh, most definitely. Some 500+ of my 600-odd points were all scored in the past week or so. I've been pushing really hard recently for the Rank 9 shield, after I discovered the exact number of points needed.

I agree. I didn't really pay attention to how many games I really played because I didn't think there was going to be a personal rank system, I figured if there was, it would have been posted right from the beginning. By the time it was posted and by the time people figured out weights and everything, I've had to really throw myself into the game to get to where I am. I'm going hopefully get to Rank 9.

Set by Moogie

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next