Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Altador Cup Split 3
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:48 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Hi people! This site update took soooooo long man!
Anyway I can't play any yyb until 2 days later meaning I can't play against those Rooligans. I'm rank 7, way off a lot of people. It's not what I deserve, my internet was and is out. I had exams at the begining of the cup and have one tomorrow. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

*jaw drops* Shenkuu totally swept the HW. I didn't see us doing that well. (Good game, HW players!)

Although... I may chalk alot of this up to boredom. Although I can finally play YYB, after almost 20some days, I'm starting to tire of playing it daily. Repeatedly. All I want it level 5 by the end of the tourny, for the non-wooden shield

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:02 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Daze wrote:
Kryse wrote:
I was just wondering where you can see the other rank sheilds? I can't seem to find them in here anywhere. Helps please? ^_^

Just view the properties of the shield and change the last number - they go up to 20:

http://images.neopets.com/altador/altadorcup/levels/levelshields100_1.gif

Ah, thank you lol. I didn't think to try that lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:49 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Matrinka wrote:
*jaw drops* Shenkuu totally swept the HW. I didn't see us doing that well. (Good game, HW players!)

Although... I may chalk alot of this up to boredom. Although I can finally play YYB, after almost 20some days, I'm starting to tire of playing it daily. Repeatedly. All I want it level 5 by the end of the tourny, for the non-wooden shield

I was hoping we'd sweep Haunted Woods, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. :D

I know what you mean about getting bored. I can't play as long as I used to, i just don't have the attention span for it. :P I'd love to get to the 20th shield by the end of the tournament but I know that'll never happen. I'd be happy if I could get to the 10th+ though.

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:20 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I'm just too busy to be able to play any of the games. Figures.... AC starts and I'm at my busiest... -_-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:55 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Kurisutaru wrote:
Matrinka wrote:

I was hoping we'd sweep Haunted Woods, but I didn't want to get my hopes up too much. :D

I know what you mean about getting bored. I can't play as long as I used to, i just don't have the attention span for it. :P I'd love to get to the 20th shield by the end of the tournament but I know that'll never happen. I'd be happy if I could get to the 10th+ though.

Hey, me too. I started with dozens of games a day, now I barely do half a dozen. I think they should have done single round robin, the excitement is starting to wear out.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Maybe a single round robin, with each round lasting 2or 3 days.
Some people aren't able to play every day.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:11 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I personaly think that they should have done it like in the World Cup, or almost any other Football (soccer) tournement out there. Take 3 groups of 4 teams and you play each team getting points for 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw, then the two teams with the highest point totals moves on to the next round, where it's a single elimination bracket where the highest ranked team plays the lowest (think NCAA March Madness).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:28 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Am I correct in understanding that you must submit a WIN in yooyuball in order to gain a point towards your rank?

Thanks to all those who voted for ethuiladdie!
Cingular users: Try Neopets on your cellphone! CLICK HERE
I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:47 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

What's everyone's rank? I've played for an hour each day since the cup started, and I'm only rank 6 so far. If I'm lucky I'll get to rank 9.

Does anyone think that TNT is using this ranking to stimulate player to play alot of hours on the site a day? Maybe even an abnormal amount of hours? People want to do well in the cup, and knowing the ranks might give them a push to play more to achieve that goal. I mean, normally we get to know the ranks afterwards and the ranks do seem a little steep to me. You'd have play hours and hours a day to get to the top shield. Aren't they stimulating kids to play too much on the site by setting the standard so high?

If so, do people think this is wrong? Offcourse they would want to get people to play more, after all they are a business and need to make money. And they're not forcing people to play....

Sorry for sounding like a whiner, but I just wonder what other people think.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:49 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm at rank six as well.

They're definitely trying to motivate people to play alot. :P Hopefully the prizes will be worth all this effort. ;)

Set by Moogie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:05 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Kurisutaru wrote:
I'm at rank six as well.

They're definitely trying to motivate people to play alot. :P Hopefully the prizes will be worth all this effort. ;)

They'd better be worth it. :P I've been playing roughly 5 hours each day, so I can only hope they reward my patient obsession. :battar: They may be trying to motivate people to abnormal levels of play, but it doesn't really bother me. After a week or so, most people can't stand to play a whole lot of the AC games any more, so I don't think ranks really have that big of an effect on overall pageviews.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:45 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

*sighs and strokes her Rank 3 shield* I hope I can catch up with you guys.

miz sparrow wrote:
Am I correct in understanding that you must submit a WIN in yooyuball in order to gain a point towards your rank?
To get a full point, yes. As far as we know, you get partial credit for a draw. :)

fructy wrote:
Does anyone think that TNT is using this ranking to stimulate player to play alot of hours on the site a day? Maybe even an abnormal amount of hours? People want to do well in the cup, and knowing the ranks might give them a push to play more to achieve that goal. I mean, normally we get to know the ranks afterwards and the ranks do seem a little steep to me.
Interesting point. The thing is, though, actually they HAVEN'T announced the ranks in advance. We've found them out through investigation, but your average kid playing Neopets isn't going to do that - they might see their own rank going up, but they wouldn't know what the highest rank is or how much play is needed to get there.

I don't think there's anything sinister about it, to be honest. Neopets is a game, they've always said so, and those who play the game with the most dedication get the best in-game rewards.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Wow. Wow. Lost Desert and Darigan ended up in a draw. That puts Roo Island in the provisory lead of the YYB chart.
And that could very well mean today’s game, Roo x Darigan, could be the avant-premiere of the finals.

Is this the unlikely great rivalty of the Cup? Last year, Darigan took RI out. This year, RI was the only team to defeat DC in the first round robin...

Funny how this is starting to look like real sport teams and events. <3

At other news, reached the 5th rank. I am aiming to end up the cup within the 7th level, but even this isn't looking realistic this far

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:30 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

I'm still only rank 1..
*sigh*

I work way too much to get time to plaaay.. not only that, but I get bored easily by the games. Hahaha..

I'm trying though!

From WIS! (Thank you!)
Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px limit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next