Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wind wrote:
After all, I decided I'm going with Roo Island again. Team loyalty and everything, you know, plus I love their multi-coloured stuff <3
And I get to march around the house chanting "We Will Rock Roo". Honestly, the other teams don't even have a motto :P

How about "Darican take the gold!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:00 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It seems that they aren't going to base it purely on team-team play. I'm guessing that what you do will also raise your Rank level from
Image to Image

All I know is I can't wait.

200+ Avatars / 250+ Games / 91 Months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:01 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Thanks for the link to the avatar and signature items! :)

Want an invite to premium? Neomail me at Trilussa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Since there are mysteriously no instructions on Neopets for playing Yooyuball this year, that I can see, here are my tactics:

1. Use the 1+3 or 3+1 formation. For this walkthrough I use the right to left direction of play.

2. Press Space to skip the animation of the Yooyu emerging. You can tell what kind it is once gameplay starts by its colour.

3. Hover your mouse briefly over a player to select it (it will get a white circle around it). Then move your mouse to indicate where you want that player to move. The player will always run towards your cursor.

4. Allow Jelly World to grab the Yooyu, then simply walk your middle front player straight into theirs and he'll grab it back. If the enemy striker passes sideways, use one of your backup players instead. If he passes backwards, he will immediately have it passed back to him and will then pass it forward... straight into your striker. So now you have possession, and we'll call this player Striker A. To keep the ball, just avoid being tackled face-on by any opponent.

5. Bear north and then west, making quick diversions if you need to to avoid being bumped from in front by opponents. See the white star shape painted around the goal? Aim towards the northeast point of that star. Stand Striker A on or close to that point and quickly turn so that he is facing the *southern* corner of the goal, and click to have the player shoot the Yooyu towards your cursor. Your aim is to fling the Yooyu diagonally right past the goalie's nose and tuck it into the corner before the goalie intercepts it.

6. If you miss, don't worry. Move Striker A to a point about 2cm in front of the north corner of the goal, and leave him there by quickly skimming your cursor over a different player to select him - pick the one that's now nearest the Yooyu. That's your new striker (Striker B). Have them grab the ball (by charging straight into the enemy who has possession, if necessary) and then try again from the south.

7. Some of the Yooyus are unpredictable and frustrate your tactics. The Darigan Yooyu is plain annoying. The snow Yooyu is one of the hardest - it moves too slowly to fly past the goalie without being intercepted. To deal with this one, follow steps 2-6 but instead of making another direct shot, use Striker B to pass the Yooyu from the southeast star point to Striker A, who's now standing right in front of the undefended north corner of the goal. Striker A should now be able to tuck the ball away while the goalie is still trying to defend against Striker B.

8. The game is fast and can be difficult. Professional football teams don't score every time they shoot, either! If it's not working and your players are all at the enemy goal, your defence is weak - tap the Shift key and all of them, except the one you're controlling with the mouse, will wander meekly back to their starting positions, ready to grab the ball if Jelly World gets it near them.

9. Practice makes perfect. :D

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:39 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I have chosen Shenkuu :)

Yooyuball is an easy game for me. I have spent today getting aquainted with the new yooyuballs. I haven't managed to score with the Darigan one yet, but I have with the clockwork.

I had my first real try at a whole match and won 9-0. :D

The new concepts of supporter roles sounds interesting and fun - I wonder if 'players' can do supporter roles as well - can't wait to find out.

There are huge amount of shields.

EDIT: Ohh, I just noticed the Beginner shield as soon as you join a team:

So it seems you can rise in rank. :D Yay!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:49 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I must get my Yooyuball skills back, I couldn't get a better score than 4-1.
The animations are too funny, though, and the Yooyus are the cutest thing ever :D (apart from the Darigan one who should be fed to Florg).
Has anyone got the old images? I miss the red Lenny on our team :(

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Go Darigan! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

OKay, I just want to appologize to team Shenkuu right now. I simply can not get the hang of this game. I managed to score *one* point against the practice team. They're too tough for me. I wish we could first practice without an opponent THEN work up to the practice team. Blech, I suck so much.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm still hoping to rustle up some support for Tyrannia. Hello? Anyone? *crickets chirp* Oh well, I still love the 'Forsaken Five'. <3 Anyway, don't forget that you can click with your mouse to make your nearest player move to the point your clicked. Just click near the middle of the screen just before the game starts, and your center player will rush up and grab the ball before your opponant does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:51 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Matrinka wrote:
OKay, I just want to appologize to team Shenkuu right now. I simply can not get the hang of this game. I managed to score *one* point against the practice team. They're too tough for me. I wish we could first practice without an opponent THEN work up to the practice team. Blech, I suck so much.

Aw, I'm not very good at it either. I'm hoping the other games to help support the team I'm on are better suited for me.

Looks like I'm all on my own with Lost Desert.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm not too good either :( I joined the Darigan team again this year though (woot!), so I hope to actually contribute this time.

Not having internet doesn't help, though. I just moved into a new apartment, and won't have nets till Monday at the earliest *grumbles*. I can't see myself practicing Yooyooball in this coffee shop, lol.

Please help my dragons grow and give a click!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:20 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

WOHOO! Finally got my 9 goal win! Now I'm just winning 6-0 and 7-0 atm. Don't worry fellow Darigan players! A note to Darigan players that aren't so good at the game, try doing the other 2 games when those come so we can win it this time.

Bad news for me though as this week I'm having heavy exams. :( :cry:

Oh crap! I just remembered that I left my car keys in the OTHER dimension...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I think my highest score is 8-0; I did get as high as 9-0 last year (might have been 10-0, but I might just be fooling myself), but much of it depended on what balls were thrown at me during the round. If I get a whole line of Faeries and Fires, I can manage, but throw a Mutant Yooyu in my way and I'll be struggling with it for at least 45 seconds. :roll:

I'm going to be gone for a week at the end of the month, and the chances that I'll have Internet connection during that time are slim, if they exist at all. I hope I can counter whatever penalties they dish out for missing a week with a buttload of wins early on....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:06 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I wanted to join Shenkuu (I love all things Japanese, or is it Chinese? I can't tell), but it's a brand-new team and I didn't feel like losing the first round. I chose Roo Island because it seemed from the Neopet description they might be a winner. Plus they did well in last years tournament. I'm almost positive this years winner will be unexpected, but there are so many teams that would qualify for that term, that it's almost impossible to choose the right one.

Does anyone know if our team loses in the first round, we won't be able to go on playing like last year (if we can't switch teams)? I started out with Kreludor, but I was able to pick Haunted Woods in the final round and get a trophy.

Set by Pixa

Last edited by CrescentRoses on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:07 pm 

I still haven't decided on a team yet. Last year I stayed with Haunted Woods throughout the tournament, but this year I'm open to joining another team. The question is, which one?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next