Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:33 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Matrinka wrote:
That reminds me of Sphere. Excellent book - the movie was utter rubbish. A bunch of scientists find a spaceship. They discover that it was laying on the floor of the ocean for a few dozen years... but is an American ship from the future.

Hope no one here was planning to read the book and/or see the film that you have just spoiled......

:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:48 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

fredajones wrote:
Matrinka wrote:
That reminds me of Sphere. Excellent book - the movie was utter rubbish. A bunch of scientists find a spaceship. They discover that it was laying on the floor of the ocean for a few dozen years... but is an American ship from the future.

Hope no one here was planning to read the book and/or see the film that you have just spoiled......

:evil:

If you read the book... you know that I spoiled very little. I've read the book numerous times. If this is the one plot point that you think ruins the story, I suggest going on a reread with a graphic organizer, such as an essential facts pyramid. :)

I just hope that the island doesn't have any giant Spyders OR spiders. I just can't handle that image. *shudder*

ImageImage

Last edited by Matrinka on Sat May 12, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:12 pm 

Enchanted wrote:
*lol* Reminds me of the movie King Kong with that map. Shows that big fly guy in the middle of the woods on the map. Then finding the grumpy captain in the tavern, etc. Plus the giant slugs or whatever they were. Everything is "Really Big"

I thought that too! With the big versions of different creatures and stuff

Post subject: hmmmm...
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:51 pm 

Not to complain or anything like that but do we have to do the puzzles I mean we don't really get anything from them so... o_O

Post subject: Re: hmmmm...
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:02 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

beiring wrote:
Not to complain or anything like that but do we have to do the puzzles I mean we don't really get anything from them so... o_O

It looks like none of the puzzles so far are compulsory. But almost certainly, the more of them you do, the higher your plot score will be.

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

Post subject: Re: hmmmm...
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:07 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

beiring wrote:

We'll will get prizes when the plot is finished. Usually this is how it works: by finishing the puzzles you can earn plot points. You'll earn more plot points the more puzzles you solve and the sooner you'll solve them. With these points you can buy prizes when the plot is finished. :)

Post subject: Re: can you help me with the puzzle?
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:20 pm 

ninjic wrote:
Jerch wrote:
heydog77 wrote:
i have been stuff on this all day and im about to start pulling my hair out.. can anyone please help? it would be very much appreciated!

Err...sorry for butting in...but I'm just curious....

If you haven't finished the first puzzle, then where would the 'to the puzzle' button link you to?

um... to the puzzle... :)

i dont understand... can sum one just help me.. im stuck on this puzzle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:24 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Did anyone save the images for the island maps that are to-be-released?

Post subject: Re: can you help me with the puzzle?
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:46 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

heydog77 wrote:
ninjic wrote:
Jerch wrote:
heydog77 wrote:
i have been stuff on this all day and im about to start pulling my hair out.. can anyone please help? it would be very much appreciated!

Err...sorry for butting in...but I'm just curious....

If you haven't finished the first puzzle, then where would the 'to the puzzle' button link you to?

um... to the puzzle... :)

i dont understand... can sum one just help me.. im stuck on this puzzle

Ok I'm going to give you a 3 piece hint. The mop and bucket you have in the upper left corner is correct. Next, place a sandbag directly to it's right at the top. Directly underneath the sandbag the horizontal box that is 3 wide by one high is also correct. You should be able to solve it from there.

Do you have your towel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:54 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

So far i really like this plot because the puzzles are really eazy for me (don't mean to brag its just how my mind works) and its not focused on battling-not one of my strong points right now, or searching through really hidded source code hidden in a petpet description-also not a strong point. i hope they have more plots where the puzzles are straite forward and easy to find.

yay! for tnt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:02 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ckillor wrote:
So far i really like this plot because the puzzles are really eazy for me (don't mean to brag its just how my mind works) and its not focused on battling-not one of my strong points right now, or searching through really hidded source code hidden in a petpet description-also not a strong point. i hope they have more plots where the puzzles are straite forward and easy to find.

yay! for tnt

Yea, they were simpler, and much less frustrating than mapping out the temple, and mixing potions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:16 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

schlough wrote:
Meer wrote:
But, does anyone get the feeling they're making this plot really easy for the kiddies because they're gearing neopets all to little kids now? No hunting around for clues, no figuring out obscure little things. Just, here's your comic, here's your puzzle. :( I don't know, but I'm getting the distinct feeling of a kid's activity book with the way the puzzles are presented.

Yes, I was thinking that too. You know, it might be a good idea for them to make the main plot pretty simple, since a lot of their "audience" IS made up of kids and early teens. Then they could have some really hard "side quests" for extra points and glory. Not just really hard battledome opponents, but wicked puzzles as well (think: lost desert plot). We're happy because of the challenge, they're happy because it's not too time consuming or complex, and I bet less people would be willing to give outright answers away if they knew they were working toward an exclusive trophy or paintbrush. Just my two cents. :)

On second thought, maybe I'll go throw that in the Neopets suggestion box... :D

Yes that would be a good idea. But more than just some harder puzzles, I would prefer the puzzles to be... more involved. I don't know how to explain it, it's just something about how the puzzles are presented, I think I just kinda liked the "feel" of Tale of Woe better.

afyapardess wrote:
For me, this plot has the feel of... does any of you remember Puzzle Adventure books? You followed whatever the adventure was through the pages, and on each double page was a puzzle the adventurers had to solve - a maze, a logic problem, a Where's Wally, etc. That's just how this feels... I really enjoyed those books when I was young, but for a Neopets plot I think I prefer the challenge of potion mixing-style plot steps over these short brainteasers. Previous plots had problems that you HAD to complete because they were integral to the story itself. With this plot, so far if you don't like a puzzle, you can just leave it and wait for the next one... or to put it another way, simply turn the page in the book and keep reading without actually doing the puzzle.

Yes! That's what I was trying to say! And I feel the same way. It's not that I want harder puzzles (I'm betting they will get harder as the plot progresses) but puzzles that are more integral to the story, more... Intertwined in the plot.

And, sorry to add to the OT-edness but
Sphere is Crichton's? Heh, now I feel dumb, I didn't know that. I saw the movie and it was sorta eh. But I LOVE Crichton, so now I'll have to read it. ^_^

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:25 am 

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u112/ninjic/deckcleaner.jpg

please can I have some help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Your three vertical (1x3) pieces should fill the top left corner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:12 am 

yay thanks! I've finnaly done it!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next