Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Journey to the Lost Isle Discussion (split #7)
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Journal: http://www.neopets.com/mip/index.phtml
Comic: http://www.neopets.com/mip/comic.phtml

Past Threads:
[original], [split 1], [split 2], [split 3], [split 4], [split 5], [split 6]

Walkthrough:

Part One

Visit the Journal and click on the button that says To the puzzle. (Note: As of May 2, this button no longer appears. Click the link provided instead.) That will take you to a game where you must help Scrap sort all of the various items on the ship into a neat square. The game is a little like Tetris or Tangrams, and everyone has different puzzles. It usually helps to put the oddly-shaped pieces together first and fit the rest around them, but there are many techniques to use. Once you're done, click Submit. You will have to solve 3 of these puzzles in all, and the procedure's the same for each of them. Twinklyspangle posted some excellent tips here.

If you get stuck, feel free to post a screenshot in this thread to ask for help. Make sure your images are under 500 pixels wide. Any larger and you'll stretch people's screens. If your image is wider than that, please link to it. If you don’t know how wide it is, right-click on it and select properties.

***Important***
Anyone asking for assistance with their puzzles will receive a maximum of three correct piece placements. Anyone helping to solve puzzles, please only give a maximum of three piece placements. The moderating staff feels that this is a nice compromise between offering no assistance and a full solution. Play nice :)

Part Two
(This part of the plot is closed.)

Visit Chapter 2 of the comic. On the last page (page 4) click on the last cell of the comic. This will allow you to challenge the Ravenous Monster in the Battledome. It deals water, earth, and physical icons, so a Leaf Shield is recommended if you want to defend (and have one already--it's very inflated now). The faerie ability Burrow is also very useful.

Part Three

Go to the journal and click on To the puzzle! again. This will take you to a puzzle where you must figure out the code to open a lock. (It's similar to Time Tunnel.) Click on each ring to shift it into position, then click on the red button in the center of the puzzle to check it.

If you get a green light, you have the correct symbol in the correct position. If you get a yellow light, you have the correct symbol in the wrong position.

The number in the red button indicates how many attempts you have left on that puzzle. If you don't solve it in that number of attempts, the puzzle will reset and won't be the same as the previous times. Keep trying! You may find it useful to rotate one ring at a time and use the process of elimination to figure it out.

You will have to solve 3 of these puzzles to continue, and they're different for everyone.

---

This is a snowglobe from the Smuggler's Cove and unrelated to the plot.

ImageImageImage
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. - Samuel Clemens

Last edited by Pudding on Thu May 10, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

This is taking forever! I hope i had something to do right now, because i hit my mark (100 kills) of the bug in the 1st day, and have been waiting for something else around to show up, i'm boreddd

Also Rauven on Neopets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Rauven wrote:
This is taking forever! I hope i had something to do right now, because i hit my mark (100 kills) of the bug in the 1st day, and have been waiting for something else around to show up, i'm boreddd

I'm using the time to train my Ruki a little better, I have been sadly lagging the past few months and I don't reckon that will be the only battling to be done.

ImageImage
Thanks Rachel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:51 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

twinklyspangle wrote:
Rauven wrote:

I'm using the time to train my Ruki a little better, I have been sadly lagging the past few months and I don't reckon that will be the only battling to be done.

I have been training my Eyrie too, in strength, and found a curious thing. 4 times did i trained him on MI, 4 times he won a super bonus (2 str) Did anyone noticed too, or am i just abysmally lucky?

EDIT: news are up... and not a word plot-wise *hangs himself* :x

Also Rauven on Neopets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Rauven wrote:
twinklyspangle wrote:
Rauven wrote:

I have been training my Eyrie too, in strength, and found a curious thing. 4 times did i trained him on MI, 4 times he won a super bonus (2 str) Did anyone noticed too, or am i just abysmally lucky?

That's yesterday's news. The new news isn't actually up yet, so there's still hope for something plot related. *crosses fingers*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:54 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

whhattisthiss wrote:
Rauven wrote:

That's yesterday's news. The new news isn't actually up yet, so there's still hope for something plot related. *crosses fingers*

I know, but deep inside i was hoping that the reason for the delay was a error in the step, and once they updated the news, an new step would miraculously appear :roll:

Also Rauven on Neopets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
Please check the first post for a minor update on solving puzzles :)

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:08 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Rauven wrote:
whhattisthiss wrote:
Rauven wrote:

I know, but deep inside i was hoping that the reason for the delay was a error in the step, and once they updated the news, an new step would miraculously appear :roll:

sigh, we all kinda wish for that.... though i wouldn't mind if it went a tad bit long... i won't have as much chance to log on as i've got exams coming up (cram time XD)

PS: got a new avvy, just finished it today, like it?

The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:17 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The NEW news just went up a short while after the old news. Still nothing that screams 'puzzle'. :(

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:22 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

afyapardess wrote:
The NEW news just went up a short while after the old news. Still nothing that screams 'puzzle'. :(

Can i complain now?
just saw them too... why do they take so much time? If i were to have something better to do, they would put up a step every other day. Since i'm depressing since Thursday, they do nothing about it. I would kill the bug again just to get my anger at TNT out

Also Rauven on Neopets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:29 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Rauven wrote:
If i were to have something better to do, they would put up a step every other day. Since i'm depressing since Thursday, they do nothing about it. I would kill the bug again just to get my anger at TNT out

Maybe they did and we just didn't find it yet.

This plot has had very obvious pointers so far as to what we need to do, but that's not been the case in previous plots. If you've got nothing better to do, maybe you could try piecing those red lines together and see if they make a pattern. :) You could end up making a breakthrough! (If there's still nothing up next time I have time to kill, that's what I'll be doing.)

Neopets Premium invites - PM or neomail me! (Please?) :D

Last edited by afyapardess on Wed May 09, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:34 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

iirc from other plots it has not been unknown for them to leave as much as a week between steps.

sit back, relax and play games in the meantime :d

cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

It's just break time for the plot. Something will happen soon, might as well enjoy other parts of the site in the meantime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

afyapardess wrote:
Rauven wrote:
If i were to have something better to do, they would put up a step every other day. Since i'm depressing since Thursday, they do nothing about it. I would kill the bug again just to get my anger at TNT out

Maybe they did and we just didn't find it yet.

This plot has had very obvious pointers so far as to what we need to do, but that's not been the case in previous plots. If you've got nothing better to do, maybe you could try piecing those red lines together and see if they make a pattern. :) You could end up making a breakthrough! (If there's still nothing up next time I have time to kill, that's what I'll be doing.)

Red lines? what do you mean?

Also Rauven on Neopets

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:55 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Well, tomorrow's news was just posted... and no mention of the new plot.

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next