Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:26 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yukio wrote:
lol can you imagine another Altador?

Ooooh the anger there would be.
Hehe, TNT wouldn't have to worry about slowly introducing pay-for-perks, I think another Altador would do them in by the crazy masses still potion testing!!

Kyuubi made me this totally awesome set!!
I <3 Kyuubi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:34 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Personally, I would do the plots even if there were no prizes. Ah, correction. I like that people who participate at least get an avatar and maybe a side bar. But, I don't do well enough as a battler to win the cool prizes. So I have to buy them outright (at least the plushies given out--for my gallery). I like the plots. The game gets stale without them. And yes, I am somewhat disappointed that we didn't get more from Altador, but it was a lot of fun trying to figure it out. We got lots of people on Neopets to work together as a team in trying to resolve the madness that Neopets had thrown at us. And, even though I wanted to pull my hair out at times, it was fun. Those of you who were around at the time, think back, it was fun. When the first person figured out what book to go to in the library. What formula actually worked. It was fun. Or if not fun, at least it was exciting. Because we were all working together as part of a team to try and figure it out. It brought people, total strangers, closer together. Made us realize that we were all in this together and really couldn't do it without the help of others. To me, that is worth not getting a fantabulous prize. Because sometimes this game isn't just about the neopoints, you know?

Tested made this fabulous set for me!!! Isn't it great?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:53 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah, true enough. The warm fuzzies are nice...

But that doesn't change the fact that if we got no prizes (that aren't like Altador's crummy prize system), I'd be pretty smurfed.

Then again, I have had lots of fun with the plots, and the Altador sidebar was worth it.

But this is the first REAL plot I'd have finished in forever (didn't do well in any of the war plots, LDP scared me away with the tomb...) and I want something to show for it. Anyhow, I intend to finish this plot anyways. I managed to make it through that crazy potion part, thank goodness..

Okami Fangirl <3 Eternal Ordeal Oekaki
Neopets: zafara_fan_8000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:04 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I don't think prizes are so important for me, but..

I just want the trophy. :cry: :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:04 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

well.. i must say that if i knew that i wouldn't get prizes; there is no way i'd do it.. i might do a little bit.. IF the activity was enjoyable to me... if it wasn't.. NO WAY...

I'm married!!! June 2, 2007! AND!!! We're having a baby! Due April 19, 2008!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:01 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

For Altador, we keep getting stuff, so even though all at once we didn't get much, every day we get something, so I think it is not such a bad deal.

I like the idea of a trophy and maybe an avatar and sidebar, but other than that, prizes don't matter to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:33 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yeah but the stuff we get daily is pretty much worthless.

The thing about the Altador plot, is that people didn't know it was going to be a crap shoot. I actually think the idea of a perpetually open plot with a few little prizes and a nice avatar and sidebar is a really good idea. It gives everyone a chance at the plot experience, no matter if they're a newbie, or and oldie who's been gone for a long time, or just someone who doesn't have a lot of time to spend playing neopets. They can do it anytime.

The problem is that they didn't tell us upfront, so people thought it was going to be a regular plot where you had to get it all done before it closed, and that how much or how quickly you got things done might have an effect on the type of prizes you got. So it made us mad. If they would have told us how it was gonna work to begin with, I wouldn't be upset at all about it.

But I am cautiously optimistic that this plot will be much better. Because they made a point of telling us that this will be a bigger thing than Altador, so I hope that equates to better prizes.

This plot has been very fun, and I wouldn't trade my grave digging experience for anything. But still, I'm all about the prizes. ^__~

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:26 pm 

No way would I go through this for nothing.

The Altador plot stunk. And the sidebar-the only great prize-came out just before the Shenuku (sp?) puzzle. You can't use both!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:03 am 

The way they did the prizes for the Games Master Challenges is the way they should have done it for the Altador Plot. Randomly :P.

I would have been happy with that. I agree with Meer actually, I don't mind a perpetually open plot, I just would have liked to know before hand.

Tempus Fugit ~ Time Flies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:13 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

rayden54 wrote:
No way would I go through this for nothing.

The Altador plot stunk. And the sidebar-the only great prize-came out just before the Shenuku (sp?) puzzle. You can't use both!

but i dont like the puzzle one as the water line is exactly where the text is across the top, so i'm using the altador sidebar instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:07 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The Altador sidebar is my fave, too.

The best part about plots for me is the fun and excitement of hanging out on PPT while working through things. I love logging on to PPT and seeing a two line list of active users. I would totally do plots even if there were no prizes.

Me in a dress - that's a once in a lifetime opportunity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I think the trophy would be enough for me too. I really enjoy the interaction a plot brings to the community!

I'm not a battler either, so I do like the plots where there is a lot of brain work or at least grunt work (click click clicking away) to do.

In this plot I really appreciated the fact that they included the games in the plot; having a goal score forced me to improve my playing and frankly made me more interested in those games (that goes for the couple games in the halloween plot, and more recently in the fun little aaa games master dealy)

Thanks to all those who voted for ethuiladdie!
Cingular users: Try Neopets on your cellphone! CLICK HERE
I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:42 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

YAY no more what if's!!!

Also Rauven on Neopets

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4