Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:47 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:14 am 
PPT God
PPT God

AySz88 wrote:
Officer 1BDI wrote:
...if TNT pulls another "Altador"...

Hm, what is this referring to? Making the prize for the mini-plot a new daily instead of normal? Or something about the Cup?

Hehe, sorry, I didn't mean to sound so vague.

It's more along the lines of "I didn't work my [butt] off to get the same measley trophy and prizes as every joe shmoe who waddles onto the site to complete it at their own leisure." When the Altador Plot was first released, none of us knew that TNT was 1) going to keep it open indefinately, and 2) hand out the same crappy prizes to everyone. Had they told us all of that up front (and I honestly don't see why they didn't), I wouldn't be nearly as bitter about it as I am now, nor would I have wasted so much time on it. And now people can take the walkthrough and complete it within a day. >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:15 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

AySz88 wrote:
Officer 1BDI wrote:
...if TNT pulls another "Altador"...

Hm, what is this referring to? Making the prize for the mini-plot a new daily instead of normal? Or something about the Cup?

No, not the Cup. The Cup was well done, for the most part. There was another "mini-plot" that ran alongside it, commonly called the Altador plot. "Mini" is kind of a misnomer: many parts of this plot were every bit as hard and time-consuming as puzzles in others, such as the LDP. (Caring for that Valeous or trying to figure out that water plant plumbing, for example.) Not to mention it was stretched out over several months.

Many people, myself included, had spent a lot of time and effort on this particular plot - figuring out steps, finding constellations, etc - and when they finished (which in this case meant they completed every step of the plot, the plot itself never closed - you can still do it all now, if you want), they had to wait months for the "results" - prizes and/or a bit in the news saying, "Hey, congrats on finishing the plot, it's over now, thanks for playing," or whatever. Most of us figured, okay, they're taking their time in order to make the prizes worthwhile, or things just got really hectic, or something. So we patiently waited.

When the prizes finally did get here, most people got upset for two reasons: one, everyone got exactly the same things, no matter when they finished. In other plots, if you completed all the steps and/or were able to battle more opponents or solve some of the puzzles quicker, generally your prizes would be better. Or, in some of the more recent plots, you earned more points in order to choose and 'purchase' the prizes you wanted. In the Altador plot, the participants didn't even get to choose. Not only that, but since the plot never closed, anyone who still wants to complete it now can just look at a guide, finish it in a day, and as far as I know get the exact same things as those who worked hard to figure out each step as it came.

Now, before anyone lashes out at me at this point and says, "But I was out of town/couldn't get on the internet/had exams that month/whatever, I'm glad I can still do this plot and get the prizes!" I never said you shouldn't be rewarded for your efforts. I'm just saying, it would have been nice if the ones who had completed it first, or before the prizes were awarded, got a little something extra for doing so. OR, the ones who are finishing now just get the sidebar and trophy, and let the other items be retired. The way it actually was done, felt very rushed and poorly planned. And the prizes themselves felt like afterthoughts.

Which brings me to the second reason many people got upset: the prizes we got weren't really worth the time and effort involved in completing the plot. Compare to the Shenkuu mini-plot that followed. It ran about a month or so, and those who figured out everything (or made lucky guesses) got a 10-icon BD weapon that sold for over 2 million NP at its peak, and is still about 1 mil now. Even the map book, the next prize down, is still fairly valuable. At any rate, none of the Altador Prizes even come close in value. Most you can buy in shops, even. And they won't get more valuable over time either, because unlike most plot prizes, they're not retired. People can keep getting them, so more can keep coming into the economy.

So in a nutshell, everyone got the same things, which weren't really worth the trouble to begin with, and what they did get quickly became so cheap it's hardly special at all. Therefore - not too happy with the Altador plot. <_< It wasn't all bad though. There was a nice shiny trophy (though again, it was the same one for everyone) and a much-needed lovely sidebar awarded. And yes, there is the new daily - but again, so many people have access to that, most the stuff given out is practically free now anyway. For the most part though... I personally don't want a plot like that again.

But, all that's off-topic, sorry. To answer the original question, would I still do a plot if there were no prizes - it depends. If it was just like a little logic puzzle or something that could tickle my brain for a few hours a day, for like a couple weeks or so, sure, I'd do it whether there were prizes or not. But if it were longer and more complicated, like this one, and I knew ahead of time there wouldn't be any prizes, then probably not. I work full time, and play Neopets mostly for fun and stress relief. Doing plots like this usually IS a lot of fun by itself, and I do really like being able to help out and cooperate with other players. But other times, these plots actually create stress for me, usually in the form of frustration, and sometimes I have to force myself to log off and calm down. Still, I try to finish in the hopes of getting something neat for the effort. Take that away, and I'm literally stressing out for nothing. So why bother?

...wow. Long post. :o Sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:49 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

If nobody else got prizes I wouldn't mind not getting prizes. But I would like something as recognition. Some kind of lookup trophy would be nice.

Prizes are good, too, though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:17 am 

Rakumel wrote:
Not only that, but since the plot never closed, anyone who still wants to complete it now can just look at a guide, finish it in a day, and as far as I know get the exact same things as those who worked hard to figure out each step as it came.

Hey now ho now. You say this as if everyone else in the history of the world should have been watching and waiting for this plot. You had some god points otherwise, but I was quite pleased that Neopets kept the plot open. I had started working on the plot when it first came out , but then Real Life (oh, the thought!) came up and I had to quit. I came back months later, and was greatly surprised to find the thing still open.

Yes, it was insanely hard. Yes, it would have been nice if the prizes were better. But all the other plots were very easy to miss; just ONE plot isn't, and everyone gets up in arms.

I doubt TNT is going to leave this plot open. First of all, this is "bigger" than the Altador plot, as has been pointed out all over the site. Secondly , it's not as if the battledome opponents will stay there forever. Ya gotta score eventually.

BTW, you would have to be INSANE to finish the Altador Plot in one day, even with a guide -unless you did absolutely nothing else but play neopets for like twelve hours. *shudders* Oh holy dung, the Punch Club thing? I was using a ridiculously slow connection and...

xiiiakaixiii on neopets.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:23 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Originally I wasn't sure, but now, y'know what? Yes. I would.

I realised that after spending about half the day(although doing other stuff at the same time) gettin one potion level right. While it was a little frustrating at times, especially when I made a stupid mistake and had to start over, but I didn't feel like it was a total waste of time and I shouldn't have ever done it. Because, even though it took several hours just for the one level, I had fun. I enjoy a challenge. I'd actually rather have something something like this that takes hours and creates several sheets or paper filled with calculations than something that takes 15 mintues - half hour of mindless clicking(like finding the book in fetch, say, or the vaeolus).

<3 Laq

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:48 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
Hey now ho now. You say this as if everyone else in the history of the world should have been watching and waiting for this plot. You had some god points otherwise, but I was quite pleased that Neopets kept the plot open. I had started working on the plot when it first came out , but then Real Life (oh, the thought!) came up and I had to quit. I came back months later, and was greatly surprised to find the thing still open.

I think you missed the point.

It is not that the plot has just been left open. It is the fact that eveyone gets the same prize whether they finished it when the last step come out, or if they are finishing it now, 6 months later.

Real life gets in the way of a lot of Neo stuff - plots are no different, but all other plots have taken in to consideration the effort users have put in to doing it.

There is nothing wrong in TNT keeping the plot open, but I for one wouldn't have busted a gut, trying to get on everyday to work on it, if I knew it wasn't going to change the outcome.

I do plots for the Trophy first, prizes are 2nd. I do not think I would do any plot if I didn't at least get a trophy or at least some kind of statistic on my lookup.

I am proud of my achievements - in particular the plots I have done.

Can anyone really be overly proud of doing the Altador Plot in 1 or 2 days with a guide showing them every step? When it took those us doing the plot from Day 1, hours or days to work out every single step.

I am glad that those people who couldn't be on everyday or have newly or rejoined Neo have a chance to do the plot but I still feel the prizes should have been different.

For Example: The day the last clue came out - 2 weeks: Sidebar, Avatar, Trophy+ prizes.

2 weeks - 4weeks: Trophy, sidebar, avatar + reduced prizes

1 month - 6 months: Trophy, sidebar, avatar , NO prizes

Or something similar.

Effort should be rewarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:38 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Redsrevenge wrote:
Rakumel wrote:
Not only that, but since the plot never closed, anyone who still wants to complete it now can just look at a guide, finish it in a day, and as far as I know get the exact same things as those who worked hard to figure out each step as it came.

BTW, you would have to be INSANE to finish the Altador Plot in one day, even with a guide -unless you did absolutely nothing else but play neopets for like twelve hours. *shudders* Oh holy dung, the Punch Club thing? I was using a ridiculously slow connection and...

I have to agree here; completeing the entire plot in one single day? Good gracious ya would definately have to be a bit insane!! I agree also on the point that it doesn't seem fair that those who were playing when the new parts of the Altador plot were released are getting the same things as those who were not. However I also think panties are getting twisted in a bunch as well. Sure they could've had a staggered prize/goody release; where you got certain cool things depending on the time you finished it. However they didn't; so I should say just try and be happy with getting atleast something every single day from Altador. Ya'll are taking these plots wayyy too seriously; and I hope it is just frustration from the current plot.

Thank you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:58 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Quote:
I have to agree here; completeing the entire plot in one single day? Good gracious ya would definately have to be a bit insane!! I agree also on the point that it doesn't seem fair that those who were playing when the new parts of the Altador plot were released are getting the same things as those who were not. However I also think panties are getting twisted in a bunch as well. Sure they could've had a staggered prize/goody release; where you got certain cool things depending on the time you finished it. However they didn't; so I should say just try and be happy with getting atleast something every single day from Altador. Ya'll are taking these plots wayyy too seriously; and I hope it is just frustration from the current plot.

I get angry at these responses :x

I do not think anyone here is in the category of "panties are getting twisted in a bunch".

Whether you play a board game with family or cards with friends or virtual game such as Neopets, the game should be played and rewarded fairly.

No-one is taking it too seriously - just stating opinions and expressing dismay over the way in which the plot was rewarded.

You may think nothing of getting zip for your efforts but don't bag-out those of us who do.

Once again - if TNT had stated somewhere that the plot would be left open, it would have been fairer.

Some people just come to Neo for a little fun/make friends and could care less of trophies/plots/avatars etc., there is nothing wrong with that, other's like me, want to make more of an impression - I am playing to have fun and to make my account all it could be.

All games should be fun, but don't forget without competition (and fairness within it) what is the use of being on a game site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:13 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I didn't mean for my response to get taken completely literally and the wrong way. I do the plots because it is a challenge and a change from just playing games and trying to get as much money and items as you possibly can. I joined the Altador plot somewhere in September and I also worked my butt off to map constellations and everything else needed to accomplish the task. I appreciated the fact that they actually left one plot open for people who aren't on Neopets all of the time; or atleast frequently enough to join in with each new released step. I only said what I said because after reading the other comments it seemed to me that the attitude was that those who did the Altador plot later on were not as good as those who completed it as the steps came out. That somehow we breezed through it and it didn't give us any trouble. I for one spent hours upon hours mapping constellations and dealing with the Punch Bowl Club and various other tasks which one could not 'breeze' through. Anywhoo, please don't take what I said as 'bagging you out'; it wasn't meant in that context. I collect avatars and do play games and try to get trophies and prizes; so that I can get my account as high as it can be. So I apologize.

Thank you. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:21 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

As one who just finished the Altador plot I was surprised that I got the same prizes as the people that finished earlier. I just got back into Neopets, so I was uh...late. But in any case I did it for fun - I didn't expect the same prizes as the people that actually slogged through it when it released. So yeah, I feel that if you completed the plot on time you should've got better prizes, or at least a different trophy thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:07 am 

I think what would have been fairer with the Altador Plot would have been to have the standard prizes, but also have one random much better prize, such as a paintbrush or a good weapon or book or negg or something. I mean, the plot is permanently open now and so while there is a guide for how to do everything, people still have to do it and it is time consuming, so newcomers to the plot should get some decent prizes too, and randomising should prevent too much deflation. Different trophies would have been nice at least.

I too am one of those that are really disappointed in the prizes, and I agree 100% with Rakumel's post.

Anyway, if there were no prizes? If I knew about it beforehand and I was definately getting a trophy I might. I would however like to get at least some neopoints for my efforts, like 10k or something.

Tempus Fugit ~ Time Flies

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:10 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

I kinda support the keeping the plot open thing, because somehow I went 4 years on Neopets without even knowing plots existed (I managed to take breaks from Neopets during all the wrong times) then found out about the Altador plot, did it, and am in love! Sooo much better than games. So I think it's good to keep is as kind of an introduction to plots for people not familiar with them.
As for the would I do it? thing, yes. They're awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I was dissapointed.

I worked really hard. I had to nag my husband and guild day in and day out for fear this would bew like the LDP where points were awarded for how fast ya did things (and by 700 points grrrrrrrrrrr) and then I find ou its being left open till who knows when?

I hop that this one will close in a fair amount, and that the prizes will be worth it.. or at east point store related if they do it points wise... but if I knwe in advance NO PRIZES then that'd be different. I do hope for an avi though.. we already have a haunted woods (halloween) sidebar

Am looking to refer a few people to premium! Want a referal please contact me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:13 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

If TNT "pulls another Altador" I for one will start and angry mob to storm TNT headquarters, hit them all over the head with broken off pieces of grave stone, throw anti gravatic goo in their faces, and dump them into freshly desecrated graves. Who's with me?

This plot has been a lot of fun, but it has also been challenging, time consuming, and at times very frustrating. I want recognition for my effort. I want a shiny trophy, and more than that I want prizes, good prizes, valuable prizes. A paint brush would be nice. Or a super cool weapon. I want a grave trowel, complete with bits of grave dirt caked on it. :evil:

And yeah, I don't think that someone who wasn't right there doing the plot as it unfolded, trying to solve each puzzle as it came out, should get the same cool prizes as me.

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:19 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
lol can you imagine another Altador?

"Suddenly you turn around and the person you were looking for was sitting in the chair all along!"

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next