Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Haunted Woods Plot General Discussion (Split#30)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Last thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29977

Don't forget to check the summary here:
http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29932

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:58 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

First post WooHoo!

Everyone on the neoboards seems determined to solve the anagram... Somehow I don't think there's anything to do (the "To be continued" gives a slight clue ;)) until they release the next part.

Glad I got to participate in the last bit at least....

Also having two threads running was confusing me o_0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Well, trying to solve the anagram is fun, even if it doesn't get you anything. I looked at the new neopedia articles since October 1, and they didn't have any names that could anagram out. I also checked the gallery of evil, but no one in there matched either. So I think it's going to be a new name.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:05 pm 

ugh that whole tiem i was too slow to get one grave! :( i failed... oh well onto the next part

Post subject: Eliv Thade
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:06 pm 

How is that as many times as I have played Eliv Thade I hadn't realized that Gilly is the character we play?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:08 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Maybe the next part (when released) will be having to win Eliv Thade to get the name. That'd be fun!

I didn't realize that Gilly was the character, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Siniri wrote:
Maybe the next part (when released) will be having to win Eliv Thade to get the name. That'd be fun!

That would blow. No matter how many times I play that game, I always seem to fail...and I play it often...

Wolfy @ Neopets Stop by my shop, and help with my draik egg fund: 676,584/2,400,000

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:43 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Hm, I didn't expect the name to be this one... I was betting on Reginald too :P Jubart Igig doesn't ring any bells to me. I'm glad I managed to mark at least a grave, though.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:46 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

But Reginald is only a few years older than Sophie so he could never be the spirit of slumber... I thought it would have been him that stole the books...

Ooooh I hope we do get to play eliv thade. It's one of my favourite games (despite not having the patience to get the avvie yet.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I do have the avi and it took me over 6 hrs to get it playing consecutively as I didnt wanna lose being ever so close -twitch- so I am hoping we won't have to get incredibly high scores if we have to play this.

Am looking to refer a few people to premium! Want a referal please contact me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:39 pm 

WolfMaiden wrote:
Siniri wrote:

That would blow. No matter how many times I play that game, I always seem to fail...and I play it often...

I am not fond at all of any of the Haunted Woods games. The tought of having to play Eliv Thade makes me shudder and it does sounds like the next part...*goes off to practice a bit*

The best thing about teamwork is that you always have someone else to blame...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:45 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

WolfMaiden wrote:

Which anagram tool do you use to help you solve the anagrams? I personally prefer the anagram server at http://wordsmith.org/anagram/advanced.html. On that page, you want to enter 1 in the box saying "maximum number of words per anagram".

The anagram server always uses ALL of the letters that you enter.

So, if you enter the word SILENT without specifying anything, you get a list that looks like this:
    LENS IT
    LENT IS
    LETS IN
    LEST IN
    LET SIN
    SET NIL
If you enter the word SILENT And say "maximum 1 word", it has to use all the letters in a single answer, and your list will say
    LISTEN
    ENLIST
    TINSEL
    INLETS
Now, in this case, you're probably out of luck because you don't know which one it is, but I have found that the most commonly used word is probably the one they were looking for.

Hopefully that will be helpful information if we end up having to play Eliv Thade for the next part of the plot. If we do, I'll submit the info above to be included in the plot instructions.

--------------------------------

While I'm on the subject:

Now, if you are playing Word Poker, you'd go to the same anagram page, but this time, don't put anything in the "maximum words" box. Instead, mark the button that says "show candidate word list only", which doesn't use ALL of the letters each time, it shows any words that can be made using all or part of the word, so you can make your own sentence.

So, for SILENT, you'd get THIS huge list of words, including many that you didn't see earlier, such as LIE, SLIT, TIE, and TEN.

The reason they didn't come up in the first search is because in the first one, you HAD to use all the letters - that's what an anagram is: making a new word or words by rearranging and/or splitting up the original word or words.

In our original, unmarked entry with the multi-word anagrams, the server looked at the word SILENT and started to analyze how it could rearrange the letters to make words.

It could make "TIE" from the letters given... but a proper anagram has to use ALL the letters in the original entry, and the leftover letters, L S and N, don't make any word at all.

Well, that kind of misses the point! If you wanted to make nonsense words you could just rearrange it to say EILNST or SLNTIE or something. The point of the anagram rearrangement is to make a new word or phrase or at least set of words, by simply rearranging the letters and inserting only spaces or punctuation.

So, back to my point at hand-- when playing Word Poker, don't need a real anagram; you just want to know ALL of the words that can be found within the letters you entered, even if there will end up being letters left over. So, by clicking "just show word list", you will get just what you want.

Then the hard part is deciding whether you should go for 3-letter, 4-letter, or 5-and-higher words... or try to type in only the words starting with a given letter, and so on, in order to get the highest word poker score.

Good luck!

Thanks to all those who voted for ethuiladdie!
Cingular users: Try Neopets on your cellphone! CLICK HERE
I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack ~*~ I <3 Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thats a really good idea, and I wasn't aware of that anagram maker, I have though in the past used other ones and I now have it saved. I thank you kindly for the assist -ws-

Am looking to refer a few people to premium! Want a referal please contact me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm so glad I was able to get a grave marked before the plot continued! My internet was lagging so bad yesterday I almost cried...but I succeeded despite my issues :D I wonder what we're going to have to do next...I agree with those who think we'll have to win at Eliv Thade or something along those lines. Makes sense that we'd have to do that eventually considering Gilly the dumb Usul is one of the main characters in that game...yeah...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:59 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

This may have been mentioned before as I haven't really caught up with the thread and it may be nothing but has anyone noticed it can anagram as I bit ___. I got Ragjug or jugrag. Sounds piratey. Maybe it's on Krawk Island?

Also, this is almost definitely nothing, but did the Haunted Woods part of the Explore page always say 'and beware the beast that lurks behind the tree... '?

set by whhattisthiss. Thanks!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next