Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Haunted Woods Plot Discussion (Split #27)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Last thread: http://www.pinkpt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29915
(Please read at least the Last thread before posting here!!)

Comic: http://www.neopets.com/halloween/hwp/comic.phtml
Non-Flash version of comic (by Artisticka): http://hw.conceptscreens.com/
NEOVIA: http://www.neopets.com/halloween/hwp/neovia.phtml?
This petpage shows excellent images: http://www.neopets.com/~professer_boo#day1

ATTENTION

* Please make sure all your posts are coherent, and that you have spelled all words to the best of your ability. Also, please try to use correct grammar.

* Please keep all posts on topic. If you would like to speak to someone personally or offtopic, PM them.
* Do not double post. If you were the last to post and you want to add more, please use the "edit" button in the top right of each of your posts.
* Do NOT post long links that STRETCH the page.

NOTE: There is a seperate location your Quest items are stored at, the Quest Inventory. It is accessible from Neovia and presumably cannot be stolen/traded/etc.

1. Click on the burned down house (lower right part of Neovia), you will need to search the remains of the building for a Charred Locket. There seems to be 10 different places it can be hidden in (one is randomly determined for you). As you hover across the image, look at your status bar for the coordinates your cursor is at (at the end of the link, there is a ? followed by a pair of coordinates).

Chair: 67, 201
Fireplace: 80, 135
Couch End: 147, 218
Bookcase: 150, 115
Wall Crack: 175, 145
Sofa Couch: 186, 186
Broken Stair: 210, 130
Broken Boards: 235, 232
Pillow Spring: 308, 199
Table Leg: 364, 195

2. Once you have found the locket, (Don't forget to actually click the button to take it!) Gilly will be able to talk to the following people:
Leroy (Coconut Shy), Lyanka (Cork Gun), Harker (Bagatelle), Sydney (Scratch Cards).
Simply scroll down beyond the game activity to see the conversation. If you cannot see it and you have the Locket in your inventory (check) then try playing one of the games or clear your cache/refresh the pages.

Look for the following Key words in the conversation, and note the locations you found them:
A) "Why, certainly, little miss..."
B) "Amazing! I haven't seen such metalwork..."
C) "That piece of junk?"
D) "It looks familiar..."

And Revisit those places in the order listed! If done correctly, an extra piece of conversation by Gilly should come up:
"Well, it's clear no one around here is going to help me. I wonder if there might be someone deeper in the woods who could identify this locket. "

3. Return to Neovia and you can now access the Shack. Read the next chapter to the comic. (Note that you will no longer have the locket in your inventory) Return to the Shack and you will see a new option to flee. You are now in the Damp Cave. Click the "Go into the scary cave..." button, and.. you will be in a Damp Cave.

4. This cave consists of 9 rooms in a 3x3 pattern. Each cave is unique to each person! Note the items that you come across while going through the cave, you can pick up some of them!
** The Trunk and Table CANNOT be picked up
** The Lamp Post, Key, Chair, Broken Mirror, Rotten Food (from the Trash Pile) CAN.

Note that you can only pick up one thing at a time.

While you traverse the cave, there is something that will scary Gilly off. If you are scared off, you will flee to a random section of the cave (but nothing will have resetted) In order to avoid this you need to put down Rotten Food when you get the "Something seems to be following you..." message. The creature will eat it and slink away.

Go find a cave room that has a moonlit area (there may be more than one room) Place the items in the following spots:

* Garbage: 330, 325
* Mirror: 240, 330
* Lamppost: 240, 215
* Chair: 235, 160 (or alternatively try 225, 155)

When all 4 items are simultaneously in the moonlit room, you will be able to see the "monster" that is scaring you... It's Bruno!!

5. After reading the next comic and seeing a heartfelt reunion, you will now need to go searching in the woods. Return to the Shack to access the woods.

You will need to go through the woods by clicking through the windy trails. Find the two-headed Hissis first. You need to figure out who is lying, in order to help you, you need to be on the look out for a Stick. (You wont be able to find it until you find the Hissis first!) The stick will be on the bottom part of the screen and should be quite obvious. Once you find the stick, return to this Hissis.

Select the stick from your inventory (click the panel with the arrow in the bottom-right corner of your screen) and poke the Hissi. You wil now be able to take the path that they block, which will lead you to the High Woods. If you hit a section of the forest that has no paths, you've found a dead end. You will need to start over by going back to the Shack.

When in the High Woods, you now need to collect vines. There are 5 types of vines that can be picked up from the ground (like how you found the stick from before). When you open up the inventory (bottom right corner) you will see a tally of vines.

If you want to see the name of the vines, click the "View Quest Inventories" link. You can remove vines from your inventory by selecting them and then clicking on the ground.

Pick up all the vines you can find (should be 6 of each, 30 total) and go back to the clearing (a big opening without a path or tree in the middle of the screen) and try and click the opening (the "sky"). If you are hopelessly lost, try using this petpage to assist you in mapping out the woods.

You will recieve a message as to whether or not what you have is enough. It seems that the values required are pretty random. Suggestable starting points are: 6-6-4-2-0, 3-4-4-2-0. Change the number of vines on hand and retry until you go to a cutscene with the cliff. Once there, you will get a helpful hint of what you need to do. The first link below demonstrates what these hints may mean.

Still stuck on the vines? Try these methods before posting!

Once you successfully do that, you will now be in The Deep Woods. You will now need to find 7 Ghost Meepits. Traverse through the Woods and try to click a Meepit. You can't get it! Now instead go play a game of Meepit Juice Break and get a score of AT LEAST 300 (complete level 2). Use the PPT guide for this game if you need help. Once you complete this, check in your QUEST INVENTORY for some Meepit Juice.

Return to the woods, select your Meepit Juice from the inventory tab and try and click on a Meepit. (If the juice isn't there, click on a Meepit and let it run away first.) It won't work, but Sophie will turn it into Ghost Meepit juice. Find another Meepit and try again... the Meepit will now stay with you. Continue for all 7 Meepits that are hidden in the woods. Now, find a room with a stone door and 7 lighted spots. Put the Meepits on the lighted spots and move them around until they all dance. A happy Meepit (hands up) indicates that its correct spot is one away from it.

6. Next you need to find out about the Spirit of Slumber. Brain Tree, right? Wrong! Head over to the Game Graveyard, scroll to the bottom, and click on the caretaker's shack. He'll ask you to look for his stolen index book.

...Which can be found by playing Fetch! on Hard. Walk around the maze, and you'll find this book lying on the ground. Pick it up, and you'll be allowed to flee that horrendously tedious game. Now go return to the caretaker!

7. This step is No Longer Possible To Do! Continue to Step 8.
Return to the caretaker, and you can now and choose which Graveyard you would like to look at. Once you have done that you can do one of three things:
(NOTE: If you have chosen to do one task, you cannot do one of the others until you "finish" that task)

a) Dig a gravesite
--> You will need to wait for three other Neopets players to go to the same gravesite as you, and you will need to dig in turn. A small patch of dirt means that the site has been worked on and probably means people are there working on it already. Try going to an untouched gravesite near one that has been dug up. People will probably be around there. Wait until a pinkish box is highlighted over your neopet and click *dig* when that happens. Continue until you dig up the coffin. You may gain items while digging. If you take too long, you can be put on "time-out". You will need to wait a while after you successfully dig up a grave.
(NOTE: If you want to get back to Sophie, you need to physically EXIT the graveyard map by going though the fenced area.)

b) Fetch ingredients for Sophie
--> You will need to get items for Sophie from her SHACK. Unfortunately, you do not know which items are which since they are unlabeled. The following is a list of potions that we know: (# can be found looking at status bar) If you've fail to pick the right potion, you'll need to wait a while before trying again. You will earn 50 NPs for each successful retrieval.

<table><tr><td>* Potion 1: Bagguss Juice<td> <td>* Potion 2: Juppie Extract<td> <td>* Potion 3: Kadoatie Essence<td></tr><tr><td>* Potion 4: Tanglevine Sap<td> <td>* Potion 5: Liquid Chokato Mould<td> <td>* Potion 6: Moonwater<td></tr><tr><td>* Potion 7: Liquid meepit<td> <td>* Potion 8: Alyseth<td> <td>* Potion 9: Bloatershroom Extract<td></tr><tr><td>* Potion 10: Liquified Bumroot<td> <td>* Potion 11: Crushweed juice<td> <td>* Potion 12: Boiled tree bark<td></tr><tr><td>* Potion 13: Worm snot<td> <td>* Potion 14: Soaked Babaa Wool<td> <td>* Potion 15: Spicy Mortogberry<td></tr><tr><td>* Potion 16: Jurple butter<td> <td>* Potion 17: Boiled Meowclops Saliva<td> <td>* Potion 18: Barkroot Dew<td></tr><tr><td>* Potion 19: ?<td> <td>* Potion 20: Grundo Goo<td> <td>* Potion 21: Powdered Bloodfern<td></tr><tr><td>* Potion 22: Pureed sharpgrass<td> <td>* Potion 23: Mutant Gruel<td> <td>* Potion 24: Evaporated Snorkle Juice<td></tr><tr><td>* Potion 25: Ghostbeef Essence<td> <td>* Potion 26: Glowing Zomutt Mucus<td></tr></table>
c) Test bones with the potion.
You will need to take a potion from Sophie (you'll need to be quick, they go fast). After that go to a DUG UP site (on the map, a dug up part with bones visible), and click the button to test the bone. The formula to get the number of drops Looks like it is: 25 * (weight / volume)^2 . The final value is the number of drops (rounded to the nearest whole number)
(For those who need some math guidance: Divide Weight / Volume first. Then square this value (which means to multiply it by itself). Then multiply by 25. If it's not a whole number here, round the number)
If you don't choose the right amount, you'll be too loopy to do it again for a while. Also, when completed, you will need to wait a while before trying again. You will earn 150 NPs for a successful identification.
Also, the bone potion can be returned to Sophie (on the same page you got it from) if you aren't having any luck identifying bones. Use Potion Drops Calculator on Jellyneo if help is needed.

8. Heavenest found the Spirit of Slumber's bones. The above actions cannot be done anymore. If you go around the Haunted Woods, you will get large, orange "Something has Haunted" Random Events, talking about how you disturbed the peace!

To be continued....
-----------
Any mistakes/additions should be PM'd to a Moderator to get this up quick!

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:25 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

while digging, I sometimes get a message saying a script is trying to run on the page that may slow down my comp and I have to say if I want to let it run. Anyone know what this is and if I should say yes or no?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:30 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Wow, even more graves. I think TNT will probably stop these when they have decided/finished on the next part of the plot. Otherwise just keep digging...

Cats or Dogs?

It must be cats for me

Trick-or-treat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:40 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

You know....I just love seeing all the different neopets in their different paints....some of them are beautiful!

God lives in Neopia, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:45 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

TopsyTourny wrote:
You know....I just love seeing all the different neopets in their different paints....some of them are beautiful!

I know...I never knew you could get some of those pets in that colour! My red tuskianny looks so plain and boring compared to all of the others. I would love a paintbrush now!

Cats or Dogs?

It must be cats for me

Trick-or-treat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:48 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

TopsyTourny wrote:

yeh im seeing an awful lot of christmas pets, right now somehas what i think is a cloud jubjub. now i want to know what colours my pets can be painted and what they would look like. i might splash out for a paintbrush then.

cat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:48 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Is there a method to when Sophie will ask for ingredients? (For example does the current potion count need to get down to 0?) or is it just totally random?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:50 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

gabriellaeve wrote:
Is there a method to when Sophie will ask for ingredients? (For example does the current potion count need to get down to 0?) or is it just totally random?

Every time she has asked me to fetch ingredients, the number has been under 100...

Last edited by _lexxia on Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:51 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

ok jus to sum up my diggings.going to sleep now.guess it will be over by the time i wake up...

Ghost Marshmallows 23
Magic Ghost Marshmallows 2
Spooky Doughnut 37
Fetch! Stamp 12
Meowclops Statue 9
Mystery Of Halloween 6
sludgy 11
halloween kau plushie 1
halloween lupe plushie 2
halloween ixi plushie 3
crystal ball table 1

kinda sucky.no paintbrushes nor slorgs... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:51 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

gabriellaeve wrote:

Totally randomn.

Once she asked me to get an ingrediant when it was under 30 and one when it was under 700!

Cats or Dogs?

It must be cats for me

Trick-or-treat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:08 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Well, I wouldn't worry too much about the slorgs as they are only worth about 2k, but I think the paintbrushes were just a bit crazy. Of course, since they were also there at the end of the altador cup, they should be lowered in value by quite a bit.

If they're not......people really like that paintbrush.

Personally, I'm holding out for alien or robot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

TopsyTourny wrote:

This is one of my favorite parts, seeing what kinds of pets other people have. We don't really get to interact like this anywhere else.

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:23 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Bleh, I've just started and the damp cave is getting the better of me already! I've placed everying in moonlit rooms twice and still no monster. Am I missing something? (I know my Co-ordiantes are right. x( )

EDIT: Its working now. Yay!

The Lurker

Last edited by Tired Feather on Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

weirdguy wrote:
Personally, I'm holding out for alien or robot.

Neither of which exist...

I've got a good bit of work to find time to do this evening :(

When did the gravedigging stuff start?

My Mootix Drop guide here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:26 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It's my birthday today, so hopefully with the Birthday Sidebar I'll have better luck getting a Halloween Paint Brush.

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next